Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

How would you rank the five calendar years of Switch?

<< < (3/3)

M.K.Ultra:
This is a tough one, so I had to do a little research into the games I played on Switch. Here are the best of lists:

* 2017: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, ARMS, Stardew Valley
* 2018: Mega Man 11, Runner 3, Overcooked 2, Celeste, Kirby Star Allies
* 2019: Astral Chain, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes, Yoshi's Crafted World
* 2020: Super Mario Party, Shantae and the Seven Sirens, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Super Mario All-Stars
* 2021: No More Heroes III, Metroid Dread, Mario Golf: Super Rush, The Mummy Demastered, Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
I think 2019 might have been the strongest year for me since picking the top five was so tough. There were at least five other games that were 9 or 10 out of 10 for me. 2017 is a close second but with multiplayer games like ARMs and Splatoon, I don't really associate them with that year. I think 2018 is third because of the great time I had with Mega Man 11, After that is 2021 mostly carried by NMH3 and Metroid. Finally in last place is 2020 which still wasn't bad.

nickmitch:
I picked 2017 and 2019. It's hard to argue against the Switch's launch year. Coming with Zelda out of the gate and then bringing in Mario would be amazing in any year. Plus, Splatoon 2 is so good. 2019 had the new Pokémon games launch, which was great after Let's Go, Luigi's Mansion 3, and DQ: Builders 2. These were big, must-plays for me.

The odd-numbered years are really the standouts. 2018 had Smash and Kirby but otherwise felt like a complementary year. Meanwhile 2021 outshined 2020 for me as well, though I was playing Animal Crossing on a daily basis at one point, as one does. 2021 is still tough to beat with Metroid, NMH3, and New Snap. I think having built up too big of a backlog by then is the main thing knocking 2021 out of the top 2 for me.

Adrock:
Hard for me not to pick 2017 with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey in the same calendar year. 2018 had Super Smash Bros. Ultimate though. I don’t remember the years of most games I bought.

Again, I can’t in good conscience vote on any more polls which I have previously explained. I would pick the last option though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version