Author Topic: Darksiders II Preview  (Read 899 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Darksiders II Preview
« on: June 06, 2012, 07:00:44 PM »

This is one game inspired by Zelda you'll wanna watch out for.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/preview/30604

Darksiders II is, like its predecessor, an action-adventure game starring one of the legendary Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

While War was the playable character in the original, the sequel stars his even less cheerful brother, Death. The first game was considered by some to be reminiscent of the Zelda franchise, featuring vague RPG elements, dungeons, exploration, a similar style of action, and even puzzle varieties which would be very familiar to fans of the Nintendo's own Action Adventure title.

Taking place at the same time as the original, Darksiders II is situated in a brand new series of areas, adding up to roughly twice the size of the original. The story finds Death trying to prove his brother's innocence after the Charred Council convicts War of starting the apocolypse early. Within the game, Death finds himself in the Nether Realms, a place between Heaven and Hell, trying to get favors from the powerful rulers within it. The other two horsemen will also be featured to some capacity.

The game is also spread out between city hubs, and in the July 2011 issue of Game Informer, it was mentioned that one of these hub worlds (which branch out to dungeons and contain a number of sidequests within them) actually linked to more dungeons than the original Darksiders.

On the topic of customization and RPG elements, players can choose how Death develops through the Harbinger and Necromancer skill trees. In addition, there are thousands of weapon and armor items throughout the game that will also affect Death's stats and abilities.

Darksiders II is expected to launch alongside Wii U later this year.

Offline Thaneros

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Darksiders II Preview
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 03:50:58 AM »
Anybody wanting a Zelda at Wii U's launch should def keep an eye out for this game. The first one really suprised me and I can't wait for this one. Too bad I'll be getting the OnLive version and not the U. Yes I said OnLive.