Author Topic: Three Reasons Why I’m Not Excited for Mario Kart 8  (Read 12571 times)

Offline kkl97

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Three Reasons Why I’m Not Excited for Mario Kart 8
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 05:33:30 PM »
I think it is still too early to know how this Mario Kart will turn out. Although I do not agree with it, Nintendo loves keeping their secrets until the last moment before their game releases. I still remember watching E3 last year and was totally underwhelmed about Mario 3d world. At the time, I haven't even bought the Wii U given how the system was performing. However, once they released more info later in the year, I knew I had to get the system before the game comes out. There must be more information that still need to be released. I think a large part of that will be the online functionality. If online play is done right, I think there will be a lot more excitement for this game. Also, would Mario Kart have DLCs? That may be another way to continually get people interested in the long term. We will find out more in the next Nintendo Direct. Personally, after watching some of the previews of Mario Kart, I am excited. Just thinking of playing with a bunch of friends, local and online, with all the new and revised tracks was enough for me to pre-order the game.

Offline ResettisCousin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »
Actually, for me, Mario Kart in HD is kind enough of a reason to be excited. I never really cared for the look of MK Wii. But I would like to hear about a blue shell toggle and a reversal on the dual-view-tv-and-gamepad two player omission that Sonic Transformed already set as the standard.

With that being said, I would welcome a little story. Of course, that's as far from Nintendo's usual style as could be, but I think R Racing Evolution was on to something. Or, car customization in single player. Either of those would be more interesting than "anti grav".

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2014, 10:52:42 AM »
Attention universe! I do not find this thread exciting. As an active gamer, I'm so busy NOT doing things I have no time for this thread, or Mario Kart 8. Is there 8 games already? Struth almighty, where has the time gone. Mario Kart 1 is enough to rock my jollies.

Offline Vampire-Jekyll

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2014, 11:21:28 AM »
Overall, I am down on Mario kart 8 as well. It seems very lackluster and nothing about it excites. I keep hearing it's best trait is how pretty it looks. Graphics are only good if the game itself is engrossing.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2014, 08:44:55 AM »
Hey! did that direct for MK8 last week get you hyped?

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2014, 11:25:35 AM »
Hey! did that direct for MK8 last week get you hyped?

Nope.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2014, 12:39:37 PM »
That "laziest sequel ever" diatribe looks even more egregious now than when I first read it. 
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2014, 01:34:02 PM »
That "laziest sequel ever" diatribe looks even more egregious now than when I first read it.
The only difference between now and when I wrote it is that I now know for a fact that my fears were met.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »
Webmalfunction, i'am sorry for ever doubting you, no battle mode just ruined this for me :'(
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2014, 08:56:02 PM »
+1 dude
Made you look ****.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2014, 09:03:52 PM »
And THIS is what Nintendo expects to fill the F-Zero shaped void in our hearts?

pathetic.

Offline Stealth

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »
I am not sure many of these reasons are actually valid.

1) What do you get with any game when you take HD away? a fun game? is that bad?
2) The roster is not only larger than any other, and despite the babies, the roster is actually the most impressive.

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 09:49:56 AM »
I am not sure many of these reasons are actually valid.

1) What do you get with any game when you take HD away? a fun game? is that bad?
2) The roster is not only larger than any other, and despite the babies, the roster is actually the most impressive.
1) When it's the same fun game we've had since 2008 (we could dig a little deeper to MKDS if you want), sure it is.
2) Quantity doesn't mean jack when the quality isn't there. 9 unique characters, sure, but 7 are Koopalings, one is a baby version of the worst Mario character, and the other is another metal heavy reskin. If this isn't the bottom of the barrel, I'm terrified for Mario kart 9.