Author Topic: Club Nintendo Promotion Gives Free Pokemon X and Y Download Codes  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter

"Gotta catch this deal!"

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/deal/36692/club-nintendo-promotion-gives-free-pokemon-x-and-y-download-codes

From March 1 to March 31, Club Nintendo will give away free Pokemon X and Y download codes with the eligible registration of both a 3DS system and at least one game.

In order to get the free download, gamers must be in North America and register their 3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS alongside at least one of the following games with Club Nintendo:

• Mario Kart 7

• Super Mario 3D Land

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf

• Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

• LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins

• Yoshi’s New Island

All of these titles are available in stores and on the eShop. Both digital and physical copies are able to be registered, but the 3DS must be linked to the Club Nintendo account before purchasing a digital copy in order to register it.

Once the system and game are registered, you can select your free game (either Pokemon X or Y) in your Club Nintendo To-Do list. A download code will then appear, as well as being sent via e-mail. The download code then can be entered by May 31 in the 3DS eShop.

For full details, here is the promotion page. If you don’t yet have a 3DS, will you jump on this offer?

Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Club Nintendo Promotion Gives Free Pokemon X and Y Download Codes
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 11:36:29 PM »
Just to be clear, if you have already bought and registered a 3DS system, then you can't get anything.

If you already bought and registered one of the games on the list, you can't get anything.

Yes, I know.  It makes me mad too.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 11:46:38 PM »
What if you buy an additional 3DS and an additional game from the list? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
Then you win, presumably.

I mean, I've already got Yoshi's New Island preordered (I'm not proud of it, believe me) and I could use a cheap 2DS for the sake of a blogging project, but the common sense part of my brain is telling me to just bloody buy Y digitally and transfer the save.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Weetrick

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • World of Weetrick
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 11:01:21 AM »
What if you buy an additional 3DS and an additional game from the list? :D

Then you win, presumably.

Not sure I would call that winning, but that would work.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »
Figures.  I bought a 3DS specifically for PokĂ©mon when it came out.  I guess I got some extra months of playtime out of my purchase.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »
Hm, might be able to score this...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 07:53:28 AM »
I'm always in a rush to register games to reach Platinum Status then I hold off on registering games until the next year. I got my XL in August, but I didn't have to register it right away. Not that I would have spent much time with Pokemon X or Y, but I'd take a free game. Well, if these kinds of deals are a thing now, I'll just hang on to those Club Nintendo codes until the last minute.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »
Hmmm, I bought an XL recently and did a system transfer from my old 3DS so the new system is "linked" now with my Club Nintendo account, but I have not "registered" the XL code with Club Nintendo so I haven't gotten the points for it yet. I wonder if my new, "linked-but-not-yet-registered" XL will allow me to take advantage of this deal?
Oui, Mon Gars!