Author Topic: Game Developers Conference 2009: Day 2  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Skeeter8887

• Staff Writer
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Video Game Coulture
Game Developers Conference 2009: Day 2
« on: March 26, 2009, 01:42:18 AM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blogArt.cfm?artid=18041

Being a video game journalist during GDC and a student is definitely demanding. Finding a balance between both of them is an incredibly hard task but I find a way to make it work. I headed straight for San Francisco to catch day two of GDC.    

I unfortunately could only come in at around 4 completely missing all the panels I had intended to go to. Instead I just sat in the middle of Yerba Buena Park and enjoyed the afternoon until my six oÂ’clock Deep Silver event. They were showing off two games I was interested in checking out.    

The first one was Duke Nukem: Critical Mass for the Nintendo DS. To put it in their words, “The Duke is back.” Without going into too much detail, Critical Mass is a 2.5D action platformer similar to the original Duke Nukem. It wasnÂ’t playable so I can only go by what I saw. It seems to be in the same vein as the classic so fans should be excited.    

Now the second one, which was the real reason for me going, was Cursed Mountain. I didnÂ’t know too much besides a couple of screens and a trailer so I was excited to check this out. ItÂ’s Deep SilverÂ’s survival horror game for the Wii set in the high altitudes of the Himalayas. ThereÂ’s everything from gesture controls to paranormal activities so IÂ’d definitely keep an out on this when it comes out later this year. You can check out more of my impressions later this week.    

Besides that I enjoyed the rest of my time meeting fellow journalists and even taking advantage of the complementary food and open bar. Day 2 is over and I can get some sleep.

Chuck Jose
Staff Writer
Nintendo World Report

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Game Developers Conference 2009: Day 2
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 01:12:16 AM »
So Chuck, I hear that open bars are your kryptonite?
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.