Author Topic: Mafia 89: RECVMake Neighbor Day 2  (Read 30721 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Mafia 89: RECVMake Neighbor Day 2
« on: April 25, 2022, 12:08:29 AM »
Story
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia 89: RECVMake Neighbor Day 2
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 12:30:22 AM »
Results from the first day

Insanolord was voted out.  He was a normal townie. 

MASB was targeted in the Organization Mafia's hit.  He was a normal townie.

Today is the Ashford Mafia Neighborize period.  They have a 50% chance of success for their neighborization going forward on even nights. 

The day will run for 48 hours so the day will end on Tuesday the 26th at 9:30pm AZ time.  If there is a majority vote then the day will end earlier.

With 11 players remaining the majority will be 6 players voting for the same person and holding that vote for 1 hour.

Claire Redfield can message me on here or on Discord your investigation or decide to save your investigation to use the following day.  You can save as many investigations as you want and you can use however the amount of those saved investigations you wish. So if you have 3 saved investigations you can use two of them and have left over till the next night where you have 2 for that night.

Steve Burnside can message me any protection orders during the night be it self protection and/or protecting another player.   Steve can self protect and someone else during the same night.

Sherry Burkin has the ability to send me a message of something they want to tell the thread. Sherry can also save a message to use two the following day.

Alexia Ashford will be able to use the neighborization during the night action period. There will be a 50/50 shot of recruitment.

I think that is it.  if you have any questions let me know on the forums or on discord or even here in the thread and I will try to get back to you as soon as i can.

Alive players in the game.

stevey
Order.RSS
Nickmitch
Khushrenada
TopHatAnt
ThePerm
Bungle 4
Mop it up
Luigi Dude
Stratos
lolmonade

Look you have two choices here: Kill or be Killed. Your Call!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 12:34:17 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 12:37:05 AM »
Day has begun.

Also if you have some time to kill or are dead then the youtube channel World of Longplays has a Dreamcast longplay of Code Veronica.  They just uploaded both the japanese version and NA versions on their channels.  I was quite surprised when they showed up on my feed.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 12:41:45 AM »
I just heard the day is closed?

edit: oh up as in started
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 12:47:42 AM »
I just heard the day is closed?

edit: oh up as in started
Day 1 ended this morning at 9am  and everyone got their actions in so the next day started earlier than the 24 hour night action period.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 03:25:23 AM »
In Discord you said "Day 2 is up" which is confusing because I interpret "up" in relation to time as "over" as in "Your time is up" and was like "well that went fast"

but then I realized you meant "uploaded" "posted" or "active".

NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 04:35:40 AM »
In Discord you said "Day 2 is up" which is confusing because I interpret "up" in relation to time as "over" as in "Your time is up" and was like "well that went fast"

but then I realized you meant "uploaded" "posted" or "active".

Ah I see.  I will be sure to be more clear next time.

For those that don't know I am using pokepal's NWR Mafia game server to notify folks of the results and when the next day started.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:38:53 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 12:34:03 PM »
36 hours left in the day. 

No votes so far.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2022, 12:50:48 PM »
This outbreak in China makes City pale in comparison.
We need a vaccine for the C-Virus, now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2022, 07:44:11 PM »
Despite what you may have heard, fruits do not contain any sort of vaccine-like effects. So stay away!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 10:09:41 PM »
It'd be nice if the mafia just came forward. So feel free to do so at any time, Stratos.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 10:48:58 PM »
Day 2, 1800 hours, Rockford Island. 2 of us already dead. But nobody seems to stay dead around here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 12:30:05 AM »
24 hours left in the day.

Somehow no votes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 01:23:44 AM »
Thinking about today, no votes might be best.

Consider: Ashford or whatever had the opportunity to neighborize right when the game began or just before it. Let's assume that was successful.

If so, that would mean there are 2 players on the Ashford side and 3 players on the Wesker side. 5 villains. There are currently 11 players left. That means almost half the players right now are Mafia. With how yesterday played out, it's more likely that another townie gets killed today instead of a Mafia player despite it being an almost 50/50 shot of correctly voting for a guilty party if you are a townie like me.

Moreover, considering what happened last time when a member of the opposing Mafia was neighborized leading to the traitor helping tear down that original Mafia they belonged to, it is better for a townie to wait and see if that happens here. By not voting another townie out by accident then you increase your odds of winning in two ways. One is that you help keep the townie faction larger by not eliminating members of it by mistake which may prove advantageous if the Mafias do target each other and decimate their own numbers in a Mafia war. Two, you may be neighborized instead which would also likely give you a better chance of victory as the Ashford Mafia can increase its number to the point of hypothetically neighborizing everyone in the game, thus making everyone a winner on the Ashford side.

With this in mind, I find the motivation to vote out others just isn't there for me. Better to make it harder for the Wesker Mafia by forcing them to expose themselves by trying to get other players voted out in an attempt to whittle down the numbers and thus get targeted. It will also leave them with a lot of hit choices to protect Ashford increasing the chances one of them gets converted and exposes the other members. A lot of players in the game also means it would take a much longer time for them to win which will further hurt their chances of victory as it gives someone like the investigator more time to get through players identities.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 01:26:01 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 05:02:45 AM »
If folks want to go down the no vote route and there is no votes and no votes past the tie breaking period I will randomly kill someone so everyone isn't entirely safe but perhaps you want to chance not being selected to die via randomizer.

Just something to note.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2022, 10:30:51 AM »
If folks want to go down the no vote route and there is no votes and no votes past the tie breaking period I will randomly kill someone so everyone isn't entirely safe but perhaps you want to chance not being selected to die via randomizer.

Just something to note.

That's true, but like Khush said, if almost half the players are mafia, we'd still have a better shot at killing a mafia member this way then just trying to randomly guess like we did on Day 1.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2022, 11:27:37 AM »

Just something to note.

Booo!! There's nothing in the rules about my plan.

Typically for my games I have a voting requirement but because of a certain role people can vote as much or as little as you like. It is up to the players to call out this sort of behavior and do something about it.

We're just choosing to vote as little as we like.  ;D

If no one votes in an election then nothing happens. There is no winner and there is no loser. If no votes in the day then same thing. Nothing should happen. There is no winner or losers. There's nothing.

I think I'm just going to chalk this game up as a win for me because I figured out how to break the game and win it. 8)  ;)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2022, 01:00:55 PM »
If there was a No Vote  then that would be an option.  There isn't that option though. So you lovely folks need to vote out someone. Besides if we do it your way then the Mafias can just kill you and neighborize you till it is just two Mafias and that is not in the best interests of the townies.

I am going to make a FAQ of questions I have been asked since the game started to clarify some things when I have more time to do so.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2022, 02:39:44 PM »
Oh there is about 9 and a half hours left in the day.

No votes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2022, 03:26:55 PM »
I think I disagree with that argument Khush.

Let's say there are 11 people left, because well there are 11 people left.

If no one votes, the chances of any 1 person getting hit is 1/11, because it's random.

But I know that I myself am not in either mafia. If I were to vote for another random person, the chances of any one person getting voted out would be 1/10.

Now of course the mafia could just sway that vote, but then they would have a draw attention to themselves.

I don't think it benefits us to sit around doing nothing, and I'd be willing to discuss that further and withdraw my vote if some makes a more convincing argument.

For now I'm going to vote Order.RSS, as they have yet to show themselves.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 10:26:23 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2022, 04:56:52 PM »

Let's say there are 11 people left, because well there are 11 people left.

If no one votes, the chances of any 1 person getting hit is 1/11, because it's random.

But I know that I myself am not in either mafia. If I were to vote for another random person, the chances of any one person getting voted out would be 1/10.

Now of course the mafia could just sway that vote, but then they would have a draw attention to themselves.

I don't think it benefits us to sit around doing nothing, and I'd be willing to discuss that further and withdraw my vote if some makes a more convincing argument.

For now I'm going to vote Order.RSS, as they have yet to show themselves.

That's fair. I will return the vote for self-protection: Vote Tophatant123.

For now I think Khush's logic boils down like this: voting someone out yields a 1/10 shot like you say, but throwing it to a random draw means we have a 4/11 or even 5/11 shot at hitting a mafia, at the risk of 1/11th to yourself. Not too bad odds at this point in the game? (It's a less enticing prospect to Roled Townies, granted.)

We could let these two votes stand to satisfy BShy's insistence on there being votes, but still force a tie. I'm also willing to remove mine if you prefer and do the same, to prevent a pile-on. Although if one occurs I suppose that'll be very telling, at least.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2022, 05:35:09 PM »

Yeah, I'd disagree with it also since BeautifulShy has interjected with how she won't let it play out that way with everyone eventually just getting neighborized into one big winning family.

Order.RSS has pointed out the better odds that actually come from not voting. Compared to yesterday's result, it does seem like the smarter play is to shoot for a total random elimination but I get why players are more likely to object to doing that and putting themselves at risk for something that could still not benefit them. Plus, it does kind of go against the spirit of the game. What's the point of the game if we just wait around to see how random eliminations play out and settle who wins and loses? There's no player agency so that's kind of silly too.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2022, 05:55:27 PM »
Yes player agency is important because otherwise it would just be a waiting game till most folks are on the Ashford Mafia. 

Also want to point out an important tenet to Mafia games in general.  Play to your role that you received.  I remember one game, Power Rangers Mafia, where I started as a normal townie and then Rita made me a monster so I would be on the Mafia's side but I was still playing as I was a townie and folks got really upset at me after the game.  I want folks to not deal with that type of situation.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2022, 06:23:01 PM »
Encryptor message

Oh this is interesting.  There is a message from the encryptor.  Not sure what it means but it is interesting nonetheless.

"Don't listen to Khush!!! Khusheses is always nasty filthy liars and mafia!! You NEVER TRUST HIM! Don't be fooled by his lies. True townie will vote for Mop it up. Confirmed to be Mafias!"
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2022, 06:26:37 PM »
Encryptor message

Oh this is interesting.  There is a message from the encryptor.  Not sure what it means but it is interesting nonetheless.

"Don't listen to Khush!!! Khusheses is always nasty filthy liars and mafia!! You NEVER TRUST HIM! Don't be fooled by his lies. True townie will vote for Mop it up. Confirmed to be Mafias!"
This sounds like gollum. Is there an RE character that talks like this?