Author Topic: Good gaming PC for 11-year-old?  (Read 7505 times)

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Good gaming PC for 11-year-old?
« on: November 05, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »
Hey, all you cool cats and kittens.

I know this sounds like one of those spambot-machine posts, but it's me! Your boy, Guzma nickmitch!

Anyway, my nephew is turning 11 this year, and my sister has informed me that he wants a gaming PC for Christmas. He actually wants a whole setup, so it's lucky that Christmas and his birthday are in the same month. Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could offer any recommendations for something his level. We're looking for something not-too-expensive, definitely doesn't need to be high-end, because 11. He doesn't need to play Crysis at the highest settings (people still say that, right?), but just be able to play whatever it is the kids are playing right now.

Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Good gaming PC for 11-year-old?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 12:43:37 AM »
It has been a while since I made my Laptop from HP and it was like 600 dollars custom made from HP 7 or 8 years ago but I am guessing he would want something that can play most of the newer games while still being able to play the older games. 

i used a HP Pavilion laptop and it worked well.  It had a TB of space and Windows 10 64 bit.  HP is good if you want a gaming laptop that can play games and stream games online and do other things.

If you want something just for games then Dell, Lenovo and Cyber Power PC are good.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 02:10:45 AM »
Thanks! I'll keep those in mind!

I think he's been watching streamers on Twitch/YouTube, which may be where this is coming from. I'm thinking if I can find something older but has the neon lights that the kids like, then that'll be enough to impress him.

Offline cindireedy

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2022, 11:25:16 PM »
He’s 11… I’d definitely say it’s better to get him a console. He’ll have time to get a pc when he’s older and he can deal with it alone; now you’d have to do stuff for him, and since you seem like you’re actually clueless… It’s better not to lmao

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 02:32:11 AM »
He got the computer and plays Fortnite on it. Thanks, though.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 02:46:51 PM »
Sorry nickmitch. Can't tell if that is a spambot or not but it seems weird to me that someone would create an account just to bump this old thread for that comment and then disappear. Yet, the message is pretty focused for a spambot so you'd think a real person wrote that. I don't know. It's weird. *shrug emoji*
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 07:22:11 PM »
The spambots are getting smarter...and meaner...and they have it out for nickmitch.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 11:52:13 PM »
I got a Acer Full HD 1080 Intel Acer Chrome book 315 from Target and the price I paid at the time which was 2 years ago now. 

But I will give you some options of the same brand and within that price range.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=Acer+Chrome+Book+Intel+Inside+315&facetedValue=5zja9Z5zja8
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 11:19:47 PM »
Sorry nickmitch. Can't tell if that is a spambot or not but it seems weird to me that someone would create an account just to bump this old thread for that comment and then disappear. Yet, the message is pretty focused for a spambot so you'd think a real person wrote that. I don't know. It's weird. *shrug emoji*

It was very weird!

The spambots are getting smarter...and meaner...and they have it out for nickmitch.

I am the enemy of the spambots. They fear me.

I got a Acer Full HD 1080 Intel Acer Chrome book 315 from Target and the price I paid at the time which was 2 years ago now. 

But I will give you some options of the same brand and within that price range.

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=Acer+Chrome+Book+Intel+Inside+315&facetedValue=5zja9Z5zja8

Thanks! They got him something older, that can basically play Fortnite and games of that era. His stepbrother is a little older and got something they can pass down in a few years. We figured out the best way to wow him was to get one with a bunch of colorful led lights on it.

Offline Little

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2022, 12:44:03 AM »
I don't think children should use computers when they are too young

Offline CoreyL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2022, 03:50:06 AM »
I think Sims is a very ideal game for 11 year olds and there are several versions for PC.