Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.

<< < (9/11) > >>

BeautifulShy:
I am roleplaying as something called mind games today.  You might want to look it up because you are falling for them so much. 

And yeah all that stuff is going on still and I am still frustrated by it.  Players can decide if they want to vote me out or not.  I am not under the cult of  Slaanesh, which after a quick search shows that you prefer that which means you enjoy pleasure, excess and decadence. Lust, pride and self-indulgence.   All shows to me that you follow a cult and that is not something that townies should do.

Think for yourself. Make your own choices. That is what I am asking of the remaining players and not rush to a decision. Weigh the concequences of your choices. You are free to do what you wish just know going forward what could have been.

GK:
Screw that. It's almost midnight here.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on March 29, 2020, 09:02:31 PM ---Serious question for folks.  Who would you of voted for had I not made that post today?  I am genuinely curious.

--- End quote ---

You were a top 3 on my vote list anyway. Some of the language in our messages was odd, which started to convince me you were a bounty hunter. I would've guessed Dark Samus though, and give you a bunch of credit for turning the Day 1 mistake into a reasonable cover story.

As for why I think we should vote out BeautifulShy, despite that making Dark Samus a greater threat to gain power-ups, it comes down to one point: it's better to remove a known threat than to risk losing another townie with an uncertain vote.

Keeping a bounty hunter who is ready to make a hit that night in the game doesn't benefit us in any way, and there are no contrite bounty hunters. Making "deals", as someone hinted at earlier, is a pretty terrible idea - we have no leverage at all to enforce how things will play out, and it's not in the bounty hunter's benefit to follow our suggestions. Trusting what a bounty hunter says on the way out is also fraught with peril; again, what incentive is there to tell the truth at that point?

Sure, it might "pressure" the mafia to do our dirty work instead; but they are just as likely to keep doing recon so that they can (a) find the Metroid and (b) figure out who the other bounty hunter is.  That's probably more effective for them than removing a known threat, since their real issue is identification and not action. The rationale there is very spotty... 

However, there isn't really any benefit to doing it quick versus trying to let more information leak out - unless someone is trying to delay the final majority vote because the quick timing would make it hard for their team to submit night actions? Townies have probably already lost that "opportunity" though.

People should think carefully about why different positions are being taken.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: GK on March 29, 2020, 11:45:27 PM ---Screw that. It's almost midnight here.

--- End quote ---
Ahh come on Ganrayda wants to to give you lots of love. Don't run away.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: BeautifulShy on March 29, 2020, 07:56:11 PM ---Here is why you should keep me around...  How many of you have a clue as to who could be Dark Samus? 
What do you say?

--- End quote ---

Even if you had access to more information, and/or were better able to piece things together, we can't trust you. With your cover blown, it's only a matter of time before you are eliminated.

--- Quote from: nickmitch on March 29, 2020, 08:58:04 PM ---...
It's a Samus hit day, and Samus doesn't have any items because the first kill was the x-parasite. The only way Dark Samus could benefit is if Samus made a kill tonight and got a power-up.  Now, if Samus chooses not to make a hit (because B-Shy would rather not play anyway or would be willing to make a deal on the way out) then Dark Samus may not waste the hit on Samus.  The only gain for Dark Samus is the extra hit, which is valuable, but at the very least, it'd buy us some time before Dark Samus got too many power-ups.

--- End quote ---

It's a Samus hit day, so removing now Samus means one extra person (maybe good, maybe not... but odds are it would be a townie) stays alive until tomorrow if Samus gets voted out first.

Splitting power-ups between two people might not be a bad idea, but voting out someone who you know is going against you is almost always a better idea.

Finally, I submit that it's really key for the mafia to find and eliminate Dark Samus quickly - as that person is the biggest threat to their success.  Edit: I am guessing they know that, and that's why we've seen multiple early recons as they try to gather as much info as possible; but it's hard to say how long that patience will last, even if it is the best long-term approach.

However, IF people have a really good idea of who else to vote for then maybe this is a good situation for the Omega Pirate action to come into play? I'm not clear about the timing rules for night actions (if we kill someone who was going to kill someone else, do both kills still go through or does one get cancelled?) so this could be a bad idea.

My assumption is that all night kills still happen, so we're probably better off voting. Also, there is the worst case scenario where Omega Pirate gets voted out and then we kind of screw ourselves... so, yeah.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version