Author Topic: Rayman Legends Demo Available on Wii U eShop Right Now  (Read 3143 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Rayman Legends Demo Available on Wii U eShop Right Now
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:47:01 AM »

A Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed demo is up, too.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32775

The promised Rayman Legends demo is now available on the Wii U eShop in North America. It contains three levels: Teensies in Trouble, Toad Story, and Castle Rock. Additionally, a demo for Sega's Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is up on the eShop as well at a size of 1172 MB with 15 allowed plays.

The Rayman Legends demo clocks in at 575 MB and is limited to 30 plays. The only difference between this demo and the in-store demo is the new Toad Story level. Toad Story is primarily focused on gliding and using air currents to save creatures and avoid enemies.

Teensies in Trouble is a level that showcases the touch screen controls, letting players control Murfy who helps an AI player through various obstacles. Castle Rock is a music-themed level featuring a humorous rendition of "Black Betty" in the background.

Rayman Legends is due out on February 26 in North America.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Re: Rayman Legends Demo Available on Wii eShop Right Now
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 06:59:13 AM »
its such a hassle to find them now. i have to search for the game, and hit a few buttons . I would have never have known about these if it wasn't for you guys.

Why is ' video on demand ' section on e-shop when they all come preinstalled onto the system? seems like a waste of space. And why can't i gift wii u or 3ds games to people, but I can for Wii ?

/end rant

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »
Uh oh, headline's wrong!
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline zeeroid

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
Rayman demo is fantastic. It was great playing Teensies and Castle Rock again at home, but Toad Story was an awesome new addition. Soo good!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 11:02:26 AM »
Thanks to this most helpful article, I set the machine to download all 3 demos of which I am now aware (Sonic, Rayman and FIFA  and set it to turn off when done. When I get home from work (and from my 9 year-old's Christmas Concert) they will be there, ready to play. Can't wait to play Rayman again with the kids.

But, thank goodness for this article. How the heck would people otherwise know there are demos available?  I found no indication on the e-shop front page (except for FIFA) and no notifications or emails or anything from Nintendo indicating demos are live.

You'd think they'd want to  make a bigger deal out of this if for nothing else than to drive traffic to the e-shop.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 01:18:27 PM »
Is it the Old Black Betty Demo?

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 10:37:47 PM »
How the heck would people otherwise know there are demos available?  I found no indication on the e-shop front page (except for FIFA) and no notifications or emails or anything from Nintendo indicating demos are live.
On european eShop they have moved Rayman Legends right to the top with caption "Demo available!". And made a special trailer just for demo alone.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Mr. Good Cat

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • Average Joe Gaming
Re: Rayman Legends Demo Available on Wii U eShop Right Now
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
I only played Teensies in Trouble at Gamestop before so it was awesome to finally play Castle Rock.  Put a big smile on my face.  The addition of Toad Story was huge for me because the entire level is just platforming.  I was worried the game would shove the touch controls down your throat.

...but on a side note, eShop definitely needs some work showing what's available.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 11:47:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, besides exploring it once near launch I haven't really used the eShop so I wouldn't have known about the demo's, and I've been very curious about Rayman (and to an extent, Sonic) so this is great news. I'm downloading the demos as we speak, I may even download FIFA for the hell of it.

edit there's animated blood in sonic all star racing? weird..
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:51:59 PM by EasyCure »
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Ras

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 12:03:30 AM »
Is this Sonic demo the same one from a while back that still had frame rate issues?  Because it's decent, but I did get slowdown.  I'm hoping they just didn't bother to patch the demo, which was the case in articles about the demo from back in September.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:23:01 AM »
How the heck would people otherwise know there are demos available?  I found no indication on the e-shop front page (except for FIFA) and no notifications or emails or anything from Nintendo indicating demos are live.
On european eShop they have moved Rayman Legends right to the top with caption "Demo available!". And made a special trailer just for demo alone.
On Russian eShop, Rayman Demos You!!

I got nothing
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 01:00:28 PM »
Rayman demo is FUCKING AWESOME! I want the damn game now more than ever. It's so beautiful too.

I might just pick up the Sonic racing game sooner than I thought because of this demo.

Hooray for demos. Now Nintendo only has to put a dedicated section for them, so as to not keep them from being hidden.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 12:11:14 AM »
Yeah, no kidding, Caliban. I was surprised to see the Toad Story level added to the demo, too. Made it all that much better. Castle Rock stage is fantastic. I really need to try it out with a second player, though.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 01:26:10 AM »
I really need to try it out with a second player, though.
Yeah when i tried it in single player i was underwhelmed, Castle Rock kinda needs at least two players.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »
I can maybe understand the 30 play limit when the game is out and available to purchase, but considering this game doesn't come out until early Spring, I think it's a bit lousy they have a play limit.