Author Topic: 360 lands in Japan about as successfully as....  (Read 7526 times)

Offline BigJim

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: 360 lands in Japan about as successfully as....
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2005, 06:34:47 AM »
edit: N/M
"wow."

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:360 lands in Japan about as successfully as....
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2005, 07:18:54 AM »
I thought this thread was about Japan and Xbox 360's failure to get noticed

those numbers you provided are from US sales, and GBA is the hot holiday item, if you check the thread with all the sales info

Official DS Sales Thread  

edit: direct to post linking on this board sux

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
RE: 360 lands in Japan about as successfully as....
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2005, 11:42:23 AM »
That link did something trippy to my browser
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Avinash_Tyagi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2005, 09:54:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Xbox 360 - the biggest American bomb to drop on Japanese soil since World War II.

Okay that's probably a little offensive but I thought it was funny.

Considering some of the less than nice things the Japanese military did during WW2, I think making fun of WW2 era Japan is akin to making fun of Nazi Germany, their current descendants probably don't get too offended by it.

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2005, 04:55:15 PM »

Originally posted by: Avinash_Tyagi
Considering some of the less than nice things the Japanese military did during WW2, I think making fun of WW2 era Japan is akin to making fun of Nazi Germany, their current descendants probably don't get too offended by it.

That wasn't in reference to the military power in Japan, though, but the atomic bombs, which are still a touchy subject there to some. Don't believe me? I suggest your look into a movie called "Prophecies of Nostradamus", which was banned there for showing survivors of a nuclear attack in a unfavorable light and has never been released on home video in Japan.

EDIT: I would just like to make it clear that I didn't find any offence to Ian's comment, but was just addressing what Avinash had to say.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk