Author Topic: e-Reader Unscrapped for Europe  (Read 2075 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
e-Reader Unscrapped for Europe
« on: August 20, 2003, 07:10:26 AM »
A shocking announcement, considering that it was scrapped two days ago.

We all make mistakes, and perhaps Nintendo of Europe made one too, when it basically canned the e-Reader and all e-Reader related items, as revealed by CVG last monday.  After hearing the public outcry  over this event, NOE has kissed and made up.

It turns out the the release of the e-Reader wasn't really "removed" from the European release lists at all, instead being "moved" to a first half 2004 release.  It's nowhere near the U.S. release of September 2002, but as Europeans know by now, it's better late then never.

On top of that, NOE big cheese David Gosen says that Nintendo is still considering bringing Animal Crossing to European territories.  A tentative release target would be early 2004, perhaps about the same time as the e-Reader, which would be convienent for gamers across the continent.

We're pretty sure this will be the end of this circus that Nintendo has gotten itself into, but just in case they decide to cancel something on Friday, we'll let you know about it.  

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline JB

• The Grandfather of All Knowledge
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:e-Reader Unscrapped for Europe
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2003, 07:52:33 AM »
Nintendo of Europe also announced we're getting Mario Kart, Metal Gear Solid and Pikmin 2 before the end of the year! Woohooo!!!!!!!!!
AC Name:Jan
Town:Zooropa

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
RE: e-Reader Unscrapped for Europe
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2003, 09:16:27 AM »
Nintendo of Europe also  doesn't know what the hell they're doing.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2003, 09:30:16 AM »
NINTENDO FOOL EUROPE.  SAY NO EREADER COMING.  NINTENDO USE EREADER TO CRUSH EUROPE WHEN THEY NOT EXPECT.  CRUSH EUROPE WITH EREADER MARTIAL ART MIGHT.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 09:31:16 AM »
listen to much kompressor?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 09:44:02 AM »
If I listen to that loveable monster much more I think I'll turn into a robot!

Offline Patch

• View Profile
RE:e-Reader Unscrapped for Europe
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 09:47:43 PM »
Hahaha, oh Nintendo you loveable goons. What a hillarious misunderstanding! Stay tuned for more highly unprofessional PR mix-ups! I know I can't wait...

You fucksticks.

They hate Europe. I'm sorry but it's true.
Ex-Editor at GameBiz!
Ex-Editor of Xbox AU!
Freelance writer for-hire; self-proclaimed sexologist.

"...Do not fold, spindl