Author Topic: Stop Going to GameStop  (Read 27221 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Stop Going to GameStop
« on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:06 AM »

Have you seen the Best Buy across the street?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/blog/27188

Dear GameStop,

Your stores are poorly organized.

They offer a cheap-looking mish-mash of games strewn about the store on racks—never shelves—and in glass cases. The glass cases are reserved for used GBA and DS games that didn’t come with cases or, in most instances, instruction manuals. Half your stock of used…I’m sorry…”pre-owned” games are in generic DVD boxes with really awful GameStop art on the sleeve. It is not reversible. The game’s title is often written in marker. There is no manual. You are selling it for well over the $10 it’s probably worth. Your back room must be such a travesty that employees simply can’t find what they’re looking for, as trips to this mythical storage facility almost always end in disappointment and tears. It would be nice if you alphabetized your PSP games, too.

You are a criminal.

You take games—sometimes new—for store credit, and you give people pennies on the dollar. Then you turn right around and charge, say, $55 for that same game, despite acknowledging that it’s “pre-owned.” You offer some kind of points-based benefit card for a fee, of course, and you tell customers that they can use the points to buy games, accessories, even game systems. The trick is that like Club Nintendo, you have to spend infinitely more than whatever eventual purchase you make based on those points is actually worth. You still sell PS2 games, and I’m talking ancient PS2 games, for up to and including $20. You sell caseless, manual-less GBA and DS games for sometimes the same price. This is highway robbery and you know it. Additionally, all the money one spends on used games at GameStop goes directly to GameStop; not a single penny goes to the developer or publisher. That copy of Uncharted 2 you bought used for $55? Naughty Dog doesn’t see a dime of that. Shouldn’t they see a dime? They did a really good job with that game. GameStop is basically taking that hard-earned dime.

You are unreliable.

“Want to pre-order a game?” Sure, I’ll pre-order Super Mario Galaxy 2 just to shut you up so I can leave. I’ve accrued $50 in store credit over three years of selling you my old games, so why not? I’ve always been told that pre-ordering the game I want is the only way I’m guaranteed to get it. So when the day of happiness comes, that joyful Sunday when Super Mario Galaxy 2 launches, I march right into GameStop and am told that, unfortunately, they didn’t get as many pre-orders as they thought they would, and my name is too far down the list, so I won’t be getting one. Thanks, guys. There’ve also been times—more than once—where I called ahead, asked if they have a game in stock, and was told yes. Can you put it behind the counter for me? I’m only ten minutes away. “Sure, we can do that!” Well, guess what happens when I get to the store. They forgot about it, and now it’s gone, or they actually didn’t have it in the first place, the computer just said they did, oops! “I can’t be bothered to go see if it’s actually here or not.” Thanks again, guys.

You are incredibly annoying.

What an Edge card? Oh, you have one? This is the free card. Do you want the points-based card? It only costs $10 a year! You get points, which you can use to buy games and accessories in like six years if you buy from us exclusively! No? Alright, then. Do you want to pre-order a game? I’ve heard that L.A. Noire is going to be amazing. Oh, not a big Rockstar fan, huh? Well, Portal 2 is on the horizon too, and it’s going to be super-popular. If you want to make sure you get a copy, you’d better pre-order. Alright, let me just ring you up, here. Hey, do you want to grab the strategy guide for this game? No? Okay, that will be $25 for Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. No, sorry, we don’t have a case or manual.

Best Buy is right around the corner.

People don’t seem to realize this. In most large cities, and even here in Anchorage, there is a magical place called Best Buy. In this blue-tinted fairyland, you can walk through video game aisles unhindered by obnoxious, nagging posters reminding you to “PRE-ORDER TODAY!” or giant 3DS boxes with completely conceptual art on the cover. You can select a game from their many gaming-related aisles and—I know you won’t believe this—take it to the front counter and just buy it without being interrogated. Then you can leave. There have been a few times where a cashier has asked if I wanted scratch protection, and of course I told them to suck it, but other than that, my game-shopping experience at Best Buy has always been quick and to the point. Other retailers sell games as well: Wal-Mart, Fred Meyer, and even Target stock and actively advertise games in their Sunday newspaper ads. Toys R Us often has insane deals on games. It’s a brave new world, one in which nobody ever has to go into a GameStop ever again.

This is a strategy I would advise all of you readers to take up. If you have credit at GameStop—more than you care to lose—just go use it up. If you like the idea of selling your old games for some kind of monetary exchange, there ARE other options. Sell them to your friends or on Craigslist. Sell them on eBay or Goozex. Hell, you can trade stuff in at some comic shops and even Best Buy. The problem with GameStop, Play ‘n’ Trade, and even Best Buy is that by exchanging your stuff with them, you are tying yourself to their store. That means that if Play ‘n’ Trade isn’t getting Ocarina of Time 3D in until two days after launch, too effing bad (they even suggested that, if I want it on launch day, I should go to a different store). This poses no advantage to me.

I’d have to buy new if I wanted it on launch day, but this wasn’t something I was itching to do. Like many of us, money is consistently tight from month to month, and dropping a cool $40 (much less $60) on a game isn’t something I can just go out and do. This is where the principle of buying new starts to lose some ground. Games, and the consoles they run on, and the accessories you play with, are a whopping financial investment. My entertainment center has several hundred dollars sitting on it, TV included (contrary to popular belief, you will need a TV to play console games…or a nice monitor). Because of this, companies like GameStop prey on your desire to pay less than full price for video games. This would be a noble endeavor were it not so blatantly clear that GameStop is dollar-driven, not customer-driven. “Power to the Players?” Please. More like “Power to Our Bottom Line.” However, buying games new at somewhere other than GameStop does two things: It rewards the developers, and it screws GameStop out of a potential transaction.

I’ve started selling my old games at a local comic shop where I get store credit (of course) but I use that credit to buy expensive figures. Real money I used to blow on Kotobukiya’s Bishoujo Wonder Woman is now spent buying new games. They also give me more credit than GameStop does, although how could they not? They tell me exactly how much each thing will be worth in store credit so I can decide whether it’s worth giving to them or not. They know me there; they know I read Power Girl. The revolving door of GameStop employees don’t know me from the pale, obese, T-shirt wearing, acne-laden gamer stereotype in line behind me, and that’s a little disappointing.

“But I can get StreetPasses there!” I can hear you decree. I’ve gotten StreetPasses in comic shops, in outdoor markets, in Best Buy, in the mall generally, at Barnes & Nobel, and even in PetCo. Don’t worry too much about it—you have other options. Besides, if you don’t live in Japan and don’t go to E3 or PAX, those StreetPass games are barely worth trying for anyway. So the lesson to take away from this article? GameStop is not worth giving your time or money to when there are plenty of stores that will happily take your money and not waterboard you while doing so. There is just no good reason to go to GameStop in today’s day and age.

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: Stop Going to GameStop
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 01:59:52 AM »
Did you really complain about used games not giving money to the publishers/developers... then brag about selling your used games?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 02:17:34 AM »
Inherent contradiction noted. This post was fueled by rage and exhaustion.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline nintendo1945

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 02:18:09 AM »
I was in a Gamestop a while ago, and they had a big board of the prices they would give for trade-ins. New Super Mario Bros. Wii was up there for $15 dollars. Out of curiosity I went over to the Wii section and saw a "pre-owned" copy of the sane exact game selling for $45. What a freakin rip! Though I was able to buy F-Zero GX for 4 bucks, yet without a case or manual, THROUGH THE MAIL!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:33:50 AM by nintendo1945 »

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 02:22:51 AM »
For me, the biggest tragedy about Gamestop/EB Games is that they really ought to be gaming heavens -- stores that gamers long to visit just to look at all the cool stuff they have, or maybe try the latest demo of a game, and sure, maybe drop a pre-order on an upcoming release because hey, they love going there so much so it would be a great time to drop back in and pick up the game on its release day (and maybe even for a reasonable price!).

Sadly, as Mr. Miller has pointed out in his editorial, this is not the current state of consumer feelings towards the retail giant because they only ever push the last of the things I discussed (and sans the "reasonable price"). I find there to be a complete lack of interesting things for me at Gamestop/EB Games, and I know that the prices are going to be absolutely terrible, so I never find any occasion to go in there. In fact, I am fortunate enough to be able to actively avoid these stores because there are so many other options in the area.

An independent store nearby has excellent deals on games -- new and used. They offer used Game Boy Advance games and such, like a Gamestop/EB Games might, but because I know that the prices aren't going to be completely unreasonable, I'm always eager to visit and look at their wares. The only time I've ever bought something from Gamestop/EB Games is either if it were brand new and the same price everywhere else, or if it was used and in excellent condition -- basically new -- and I couldn't find it anywhere else.

I think you have a point Zach, in that these stores have clearly become dedicated to serving the bottom line rather than a the passionate group of people that call themselves gamers.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:25:37 AM by OneTwenty »

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 02:27:56 AM »
GameStop is terrible, but those Best Buy employees are almost as annoying... and clueless.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:43:16 AM »
I buy from the lowest bidder. Gamestop is usually on the other end of the price scale. I can often get new games cheaper than the used ones at GS.

Offline Flipster

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 02:43:58 AM »
GameStop is 90% better if you have a pro rewards card..

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 02:46:00 AM »
Maybe GameStop is not the best place to buy used copies of recent games, but I have gotten a lot of good deals there. Some of that is luck, some is happening to like certain games. The Power Up card does save you money off used copies of games (I think like 10%, but you need to VIP card that requires a Game Informer subscription). I won't buy a used copy of a recent game because it does tend to be like $5 off only, and if a game is new I would rather get it at Best Buy for the Reward Zone points.

The only time I ever recall GameStop taking too many pre-orders for a game is when they expected to get more copies than the publisher sent them. Usually they will call people who pre-ordered to let them know though. I don't really like the new guy at the GameStop in the mall here though, he is usually always busy and not helpful. The people who used to work there before they re-modeled were fine.

I like Best Buy, but their games are almost already still at full price and the used game selection is pathetic (I saw about 4 used games at the closest BB, and they were not that much of a discount, I think even GameStop had better prices for them). I DID manage to snag the Xbox 360 version of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition for $10 new though, even Amazon still has it for $15.60 (and funny seeing the PlayStation 3 version of the original game for $30).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:54 AM »
I visited America from the UK in March this year and hit up a gamestop. I was surprised by just how bad it was. Outside of the US we have this idea that US customer service is the best in the world "yes sir! have a nice day" and all that stuff. So I walk in, it's completely empty apart from two of the most social retarded young men I've ever seen in my life behind the counter. I bought a couple of DS games and after he's finished putting them through the machine and gave me my change I spot another game that I want so I do a second purchase. I know that it's a little inconvenient for the guy and that I maybe should have had a thorough look around before taking my s**t to the register but the dude acted like I'd fuct up his whole day just cause he had to do a little more work. The shop was completely empty and there was two of them! Also, I asked if they sold PS1s because there was a game I wanted to import for it that never came out in Europe. The dude is like "no we don't sell them anymore". Right behind his head, like a foot away is a second hand PS2 that obviously plays PS1 games as well.
It's ass-hats like this that make me glad online is killing stores.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 05:25:07 AM »
Outside of the US we have this idea that US customer service is the best in the world "yes sir! have a nice day" and all that stuff.
For all our foreign readers let me just go ahead and clear this up.
Think about the worst service you ever had.  That the Utility operators in the State.
Think about the best Service you've ever had, That doesn't happen here.
Think about Mediocre service, that is good service here.
Now think about door to door salesmen, thats more and more retail experiences.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 06:13:46 AM »
GameStop is terrible, but those Best Buy employees are almost as annoying... and clueless.

Best Buy is clueless. A job came up recently for us to spend a day training the Best Buy employees how to use their new Cisco VOIP phone system. Don't they have anyone tech-savvy at their technology store?

Offline pureval

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 06:56:36 AM »
For anyone who has never worked retail here is the bottom line. You will almost never find anyone truly knowledgeable working a register/sales counter. Large scale retail operations pay their people as low as they can go (part of their strategy for keeping prices low) anyone with any real knowledge will want more money than a store will pay. Anyone decent will have moved into another position rather quickly or left the company.

The thing that drives me nuts about Gamestop is they will sell what I consider to be "used" games at full price. I bought a copy of Okami for the will there, their last copy, the guy took the game out of a sleeve and popped it into the display box that had been sitting on their shelf forever. I was not happy buy did not have a lot of choice as no one else around had the game anymore.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 07:22:45 AM »
I haven't been to Gamestop in years. Well, I have, but I haven't bought anything from them in years... I browsed, though, and every time I visited there I was reminded of why I quit giving them any of my business.

Why does anyone need to go to Gamestop anyway? If you have internet access (and who doesn't these days?) you can get much better deals and much better selection from sites like Amazon or Ebay.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2011, 09:29:14 AM »
I use to go to Gamestop for 1 reason.  Gaming swag.  They use to have a collection of little gamer related knick nacks and like.  Now they are officially getting rid of all that.  Don't feel a need to go their. I'll make sure to pass close enough fora streetpass in the mall though.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 09:35:51 AM »
I typically don't buy used games unless it's a game I can't find anywhere and I literally check every games retailer in my area, even several towns over. I'd much rather buy the game new, even if I wait for a price drop, and I certainly don't buy "new" games at Gamestop that are removed from the cases which effectively makes the games no different than a used games because employees can supposedly "test" games to "become more knowledgeable" about them. Yeah, sure. **** you, Gamestop.

The last used game I bought was A Boy and His Blob which I would have gladly bought new to support WayForward Technologies.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 09:38:35 AM by Adrock »

Offline Tenser

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
There's a lot of great deals at Gamestop. I bought used copies of Elite Beat Agents and Meteos, $4 each, box and manuals included.

No one forces you to sell your games to GS. No one forces you to get a card or make a preorder. All you have to do is say "no."

I always buy my games from the lowest bidder. More and more that's been Glyde.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 12:17:03 PM »
No one forces you to sell your games to GS. No one forces you to get a card or make a preorder. All you have to do is say "no."

I think that's what the point of this thread is. Just say "no" to Gamestop.
is your sanity...

Offline Dremmy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 01:04:48 PM »
Additionally, all the money one spends on used games at GameStop goes directly to GameStop; not a single penny goes to the developer or publisher. That copy of Uncharted 2 you bought used for $55? Naughty Dog doesn’t see a dime of that. Shouldn’t they see a dime? They did a really good job with that game. GameStop is basically taking that hard-earned dime.
I get that buying a used copy for the same or slightly less of the price of a new copy cheats the developer. It makes no sense why Gamestop charges so much for used copies. But why should the developer/publisher be paid multiple times for the one copy of the game? We don't do that for DVD/Blu-rays or music CDs, why video games?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:46:13 PM by Dremmy »

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 01:56:27 PM »
Don't mean to be a negative Nathan, but ....

1. I was in Best Buy literally yesterday because I got a gift card for my birthday.  Unlike GameStop, whose prices are usually not marked down, BestBuy almost never lowers their prices.  The most appealing purchase was S+P2 for $49.99.  Isn't that the original price!?

The second most appealing item was Ocean Commander for $20!

Needless to say, I walked out gift card in hand.

2. I know GameStop is "the man" now and thus all cool gamers must hate them.  And yes, they have some shady, shady business models that rip-off developers.  But I'm not exactly weeping for developers who thought to combat the problem by ripping us off!!

Instead of releasing a great game every 2-3 years, they church out disposable iterations and wonder why we have to trade them in to afford next year's game??

And how do they claim to prolong said value? Not by making the initial purchase of higher quality/value, but by trickling out DLC content.

Oh, is that content free since I bought your game and am playing it loyally? No, what a coincidence, there's a fee.... even if the data is already on my disc.

Oh, do people who purchase the game used get all that content? Probably not! Let's charge them again! Or, maybe they just can't ever have it! Wonderful!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
Oh, is that content free since I bought your game and am playing it loyally? No, what a coincidence, there's a fee.... even if the data is already on my disc.

This is what pisses me off and IMO is just the publisher giving a big "F*** You" to consumers. The content is already on the disc, but they are making you pay for it again (you already paid for it once when you bought the game). It's different if it is legit new content that they created after releasing the game and you are downloading it (like the expansion packs for Fallout 3). And I also refuse, out of principal, to buy any game which uses on Online Pass.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Mataata

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 02:08:06 PM »
Use Amazon erry day
I love the Power Glove! It's so bad!

Offline SuperMegaMan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 02:10:40 PM »
     I hear this almost daily yet I have no plans to stop, in the last year I've got a Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick for $20, FlingSmash Bundle for $20, and Samurai Warriors and Raiden IV for $10 each, as I've never seen these products at these prices at BestBuy, or Amazon. I refuse to waste the gas to get to BestBuy instead of walking to gamestop unless I'm getting a better deal as I don't have money to waste over internet outrage. I order online from BestBuy if I get credit or EB decides to overcharge, otherwise I don't see a reason to. I find it funny at the fact that BestBuy is usually suggested even though they also sell used games, I've also found most of their employees to be worse that the gamestop I frequent. The laughable comment about developers not receiving money for used games is an argument for another day(It's also invalidated by the fact that you trade your games into another store that most likely doesn't give the developers a cut either).
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:14:56 PM by SuperMegaMan »

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 02:11:43 PM »
I wouldn't lump all developers in together like that, though.  Not everyone abuses DLC.  For example, I found L.A. Noire to be an excellent game that was well-made, and I really didn't have a problem plunking down $10 for the Rockstar Pass so I could download $15-$20 worth of DLC cases, most of which being 700-1000 MB downloads.  Dead Space 2 has some pretty egregious DLC, but the game itself is awesome (possibly my Game of the Year so far) and the DLC can be useful (and the SP "Severed" DLC is decent).  Infamous 2 has some pretty pointless DLC that I'm sure Sony's going to charge for at some point, but the game is very well-done.  Valkyria Chronicles (a game that did not sell well) was seeing DLC mission packs a year or two after the game released.  It's all in how the developers use DLC, some better than others.

Gamestop is a bit of a necessary evil with me.  I don't like dealing with online shopping, as in some cases it comes across as more of a hassle for delayed gratification than I want.  Best Buy never drops their prices, and the same goes for places like Target and Walmart.  I've seen some bargain bin software at Walmart that was somewhat decently priced, but it's rare to find anything good in there.  At least with GS, if I do my research beforehand and wait for the opportune time to purchase a title, 9/10 I'll come away without feeling too ripped-off and the coupons I've gotten as a Rewards Pro member have definitely helped my wallet over the past few years.  There are a lot of problems with GS, but I still think they're better than any of the other B&M retailers near me.  It's all in how you do your research.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline midnightsun

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
long time reader but first time replying to a topic.

Just felt the need to say this is a poorly written article and very bias.  Yeah gamestop isn't perfect but there are tons of perks that you can't get at other stores.  First few stores sell used games and while they're usually only 5 to 10 bucks cheaper a lot of gamers play on a budget and every dime saved helps.  It does suck that the developers don't get any of the money, but selling used items is a trade that has been around forever and that's the way it has always been.  Gamestop isn't the first company to come along and do this practice, there are music and movie stores based on selling used copies that's roots go much farther than Gamestop.  Why should Gamestop be criticized for good business?

you mention that your copy of metroid prime 2 echos is 20 dollars without the case, where else are you going to find metroid prime 2 though?  best buy stopped selling gamecube games a long time ago, as did walmart, target and every other retailer.  You should be thankful there's still a store that you can get a gamecube game at!  maybe you could try a flea market but there's no guarantee that you're going to get a manuel and box or you could try ebay but there's no guarantee that your copy will be a legit copy and not a bootleg.

you also criticize their rewards card that it cost 10 dollars (actually it's 15 i believe) but you fail to mention all the benefits you get with it, 10% off of used games, points that build up fast, including double points on used and a big rewards catalog.  They have a Zelda t-shirt and a Zelda belt buckle for purchase.  Club Nintendo only has one Zelda item for purchase.  Plus you don't need to take any surveys.  You also forgot the biggest thing, by signing up you get a year subscription to their magazine, GameInformer!!

I'm not saying Gamestop is perfect, I actually never liked Gamestop that much and thought EB Games was much better until the merger, but you gotta admit, there's few places that are better to get games at this time.  It's not easy to find Gamecube, Game Boy Advance, out of print Wii games (like Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles), and original X-Box games anymore!  Even with PS2 most stores like best buy have a very limited selection, you're never going to walk and and find the collectors edition of Final Fantasy XII  or Resident Evil 4 like you would at Gamestop, that's for sure.