Author Topic: What Do we want from the wii successor  (Read 39187 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: What Do we want from the wii successor
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2010, 04:38:56 PM »
It might be difficult for Nintendo to have the VC stuff moved over to the new console, but what they could do that should be real easy is offer a credit to those who bought the VC stuff. If you can show Nintendo you bought $50 worth of stuff on your old Wii, then they can give you a credit for $50 of stuff you can download on your Wii 2. This way you CAN get your old purchases back if you want, but this would actually be better because you could get games you might rather have instead.
/face palm
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »
Chozo, your VC games are linked to your Wii Shop Channel account. All they have to do is allow you to re-download on your new system like they currently do when you get a new Wii.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2010, 05:10:38 PM »
^not gonna happen.
At best they will unlock the games from your old Wii and tie them an online account so you can re-download/transfer them (hopefully works with saves too)
or
Give you download codes that only work on your registered Wii2 that's tied to your Nintendo Account so that you can re-download your games.

Another approach would be a VC/Saves Transfer channel on the Wii2 where you link your Wii/Wii2 together with a USB cable and it will handle the(one-time) transfer for you.
Wii2 will probably be required to be connected online at the time of transfer and all content from old Wii will be moved(not copied) permanently to the new Wii2.

But Nintendo will never just give everyone 100's of $$$ to compensate for what you already bought so that you can go buy all new stuff for free.

If Nintendo is smart, everything relating to Wii2/DS2 online will be linked to your MyNintendo account. That will keep track of titles owned, registered and played. Awards earned, games beat, coins earned from earning awards and beating games. Online activity, friends list, Wii2/DS2 usage, etc. etc..

Perhaps Nnitendo could provide your my Nintendo account with a four digit account number that once you got your wii 2, you just punch in the code and transfer it over via a USB cable or wireless transfer.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
The easiest thing to do would be to force people to link their Wii system--and VC purchased--to their Club Nintendo account and then once they register their Wii 2 allow them to download the games onto their new system.  The only issue would be how--not if, HOW--Nintendo world force people to delete the games from their original Wii system.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2010, 05:19:38 PM »
The easiest thing to do would be to force people to link their Wii system--and VC purchased--to their Club Nintendo account and then once they register their Wii 2 allow them to download the games onto their new system.  The only issue would be how--not if, HOW--Nintendo world force people to delete the games from their original Wii system.

If they were to set up such a system, my guess is that they'd have to upload a trigger that resets the person's Wii to its original factory specs (a feature the Wii already has, though it has to be manually set) during the transfer.  They then dis-associate the Wii from your Club Nintendo account so you can't redownload the games to that Wii.

The only catch there is that that process is filled with all sorts of nasty stuff that could happen: games and saves lost in the process which can't be reclaimed.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »
I hate the xbox systems passionatly.

Do elaborate.

After nearly five years, Microsoft has still not done anything to make the RROD go away. I do not trust an Xbox system because of the RROD. Second, I do not like that Microsoft now owns Rare and its IPs. Although I like games like Gears of War, Mass Effect, Halo and Fable, the controlller just does not feel right in my hands. It's too big and bulky and the buttons are too small to press. I do not like how Microsoft charges its customers for its online service when its competitors offer it for free. The design of th 360 looks poor, I do not like its extendable disc tray because it is prone to jamming and the last generation console had the same thing. Last, Microsoft forces its customers to use their hard drives, while wii can use any SD card and the PS3 allows its hard drive to be interchangable. I rest my case.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2010, 05:36:05 PM »
What do I want from the next wii system? How about the return of ROB the robot. The device could hook into the USB port for power and what not. Maybe ROB should return for the currentwii system.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2010, 05:44:51 PM »
What's wrong with having games on your Wii and Wii 2 in tandem? Would it really be that bad in Nintendo's eyes? What if the DS2 allows you to transfer VC games from the Wii/Wii2 or better yet download VC games from you online account straight to your DS2? Would they make you delete them off your console first or once the transfer is done? I don't think so.

So if there is an online account that registers systems, I don't think Nintendo would mind too much if you have multiple systems with the same games on them. They'll just enforce a "one of each only" policy and that'll be that. Some people may get around it by registering a DS2 that's not theirs or something, but the majority will find it useful for themselves only.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 05:48:43 PM by Kashogi Y. Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »
What's wrong with having games on your Wii and Wii 2 in tandem? Would it really be that bad in Nintendo's eyes? What if the DS2 allows you to transfer VC games from the Wii/Wii2 or better yet download VC games from you online account straight to your DS2? Would they make you delete them off your console first or once the transfer is done? I don't think so.

So if there is an online account that registers systems, I don't think Nintendo would mind too much if you have multiple systems with the same games on them. They'll just enforce a "one of each only" policy and that'll be that. Some people may get around it by registering a DS2 that's not theirs or something, but the majority will find it useful for themselves only.

Nintendo would likely be deathly afraid of people having two copies of each downloadable game (just as they apparently are now with people owning multiple Wiis), and then they sell off their Wii with their old games still on it.  That's money that Nintendo potentially lost in download sales from whoever buys that used Wii.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »
Well that's pretty simple to get around for Nintendo and make it harder than your average bear to crack.

Firstly, they can set an expiration date on games. So let's say you have a Wii and sold it with a bunch of games on it. Those games will disappear in 30 days.

Secondly, you verify the games online through your account anytime you want to push the expiration date back. This will most likely happen automatically anytime you are connected to a network and have once before connected to your account.

And thirdly, if you are actively connected to an online account and the automatic verification finds that you own a game that is not on your account, it could then delete it.

Easy

kinda.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2010, 06:06:32 PM »
Which is also why I suggested it would be moved and not copied to the new Wii and if you could transfer stuff to the DS2, then your DS2 will probably have to be linked to your Wii2 and therefore it only accepts VC transfers from that Wii.

That's also why I suggested that everything be connected to your MyNintendo account and you would have to be connected online when trying to transfer anything that is connected to online for authentication purposes.

You want to transfer from your Wii2 to your DS2, well then make sure your Wii2 is online and registered (can't d/l from wiishop without registering your Wii) then wirelessly connect your DS2 to your Wii (easy as clicking a menu option as you would have already registered them both) then transfer away.
If you have the WiiConnect24 services always running, it would be a seamless 2 step process. With a one-time registration per system and one-time setting up a MyNintendo account (which would automatically happen the first time you get your Wii online and enter the shop).

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2010, 06:07:06 PM »
What about ROB? Should he return?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »
no.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
One more stupid attachment for the Wii that does nothing to enhance the game or the gameplay.
So I would have to ask you..... Why?

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
Mainly nostalgia reasons because I have used a series of stickers to make my wii look like the old NES system and I would like for the ROB accessorie to make it look like the old system. I used retro skins from dcal girl(an ebay store) and placed them over the wii system and a horizontal wii pelican that hold the wiimote and nunchuck(very hard to find) and various Nintendo themed stickers on the surface of the machine. I can give a more detailed description via the message boards.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2010, 06:34:05 PM »
Why don't you just post a picture.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2010, 06:38:37 PM »
Somebody gave me a link a few days ago about a site that allowed pictures on this forum, but it was a little too complicated for me to use. Would it be possible to reveal my email address to send the pictures out?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2010, 06:43:19 PM »
Go here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=30575.0
Look for posting pictures, "How To Post an Image".

If you still can't figure it out, post in there and I'll help you out.
It's pretty simple once you know what you're doing.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
I am drwaing a blank. :-\

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
follow that link and post in that thread.
help will find you.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
Check your inbox in the messassge page, blackandmild.

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2010, 08:57:11 PM »

check this out. I have some at different angles, but I will have to upload them.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:00:42 PM by Kytim89 »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2010, 09:00:55 PM »

Offline Kytim89

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2010, 09:02:43 PM »