Author Topic: Mafia LV: Mage's Mystery Day Five  (Read 4594 times)

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
Mafia LV: Mage's Mystery Day Five
« on: November 14, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »
The corpse that greeted the council in the morning was a strange sight. Not only did none of them recognize the body, the orb was eerily silent on the matter.

"Who in the name of the Inferno is it?" someone finally yelled.

"The prisoner..."

"The killer, Rogue, you mean?"

"Well then, justice has seen it course." another said smugly.

"Justice exacted by the hand of evil, is not justice at all. Look at his bloodless body! Only the demon, the demon we must kill to save Leoria, would have killed in this horrendous fashion. Do not call this justice, or I call you a fool."

"Who died and made you..."

A dread-filled silence came over them all as they remembered how their distrust and uncertainty had already cost them the lives of the king, and their strongest Guard.

"We must vote gentlemen. There are six of us now, three good, and three evil. It will take more than the vote to settle this, it will take our magic."

Be seated, and begin! The orb commanded, and so they did.

Silenced (the Rogue) was killed by a mafia hit, and the since the vote was a tie, no one dies. The person with Sleep is now in control of this game because they will pretty much be deciding the outcome, by cancelling one vote. Abilities happen before the vote, and hits after it, so it all hinges on them...

No pressure  :P: :

Oh, and I should have given the ending story before leaving, and I apologize for that. To make up for it, everyone has a chance at the items tonight, and I'll be making seven of them available; the five that were scheduled and two others of the hp replenishing kind.

Lastly, I let Mop it up get away with saying she was the king because I knew that there was nothing she could have done to save herself at that point. Even if she had known Stevey was Jamisson and he sacrificed himself for her, there was too much damage for her to survive. However, it is against the rules in this game to say what your role is.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LV: Mage's Mystery Day Five
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:10 PM »
Someone protected Ceric.

It was either Ceric who protected Ceric or the Mafia.

I'm willing to take my chances on the matter. Vote Ceric
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:52:12 PM »
Vote Shaymin
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
Day 5

Milady,

The end of my stay appears to be nigh. It appears that we no longer have the fear of the murderous one. But my heart is despairing...

I cast my vote last night, and my ears heard the call of others voting the same way. Yet he remains in the castle. What sort of demonic influence is this?

I have no choice but to try again and cast my vote for Ceric. May the fates be with us.

With all my love,
- "Shaymin"
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 07:29:11 PM »
I'm gonna jump in here and vote ceric since he said nothing in his defense.

Gonna vote Crimm instead now.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:21:34 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 07:35:56 PM »
It seems to me crimm is masterminding this whole thing.

Vote crimm

Since James Jones probably did this

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 09:41:14 PM »
I'm gonna jump in here and vote ceric since he said nothing in his defense.

This...though I had kind of suspected him to be the Rogue instead of Silenced.  I would have thought that Silenced would have been using his power every day.

Since today's vote is a critical decision, I hope we're right...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 09:50:50 PM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »
Go look up how many mafias I've won and ask yourself if I really seem to be a mastermind at this.

To pull off this deception I'd have to manage to make sure the votes were dead even+1 last time, and the move to protect ceric. If I WERE mafia why would I protect him if he weren't? The mafia only have to get rid of one of us and they've won.

It will be 3 mafia to 2 townies. We'll be eliminated each day. They can openly vote against us.

The only way ceric wasn't mafia and got saved would be if he had the ability to make someone sleep. The odds of that are 1 in 6.

The odds ceric is mafia is 1 in 2.

The odds a member of the mafia has the sleep power is also 1 in 2.

That means the odds that ceric has the sleep power and isn't mafia is a staggering 1 in 12.
The odds that ceric IS mafia and a member of the mafia has the sleep power is ONLY 1 in 4.

Playing the odds - ceric is mafia. The only reason you WOULDN'T play these odds is that you actually ARE mafia. I encourage all townies to vote ceric and use their night moves against those that don't.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:08:55 PM by Crimm »
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »
The only reason you WOULDN'T play these odds is that you actually ARE mafia. I encourage all townies to vote ceric and use their night moves against those that don't.
Or you want to win.
Frankly, I can easily tell you with 100% certainy that if I'm voted out tonight it is a Mafia win.
Also its a waste of a vote.  My condition will do me in tonight anyways without the help of vote, hit, or anyones ability.

Congratulations Mafia on your win.  I'll see it confirmed tomorrow.

You did a good job hosting MaryJane.
I think the story is an important element of a mafia for immersion.  Even though I haven't been playing like I normally do, I tend to enjoy the role playing, I have been paying attention.  Plus I had very simple ways I determined a lot of my votes.

I can't say Townies had a very good game this time. Though I did help to start the vote for Despicable who was the only Mafia member killed.  Once everything is known I'll probably look a little better.

You'll have to explain how some of the abilities played out MaryJane.  I'm sort of interested in that.

Night All.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:09:15 PM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
One week later.
Calling it now: I WIN.
James Jones
Mondo Editor