Author Topic: Sony's Motion in the Blue Ocean  (Read 175140 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sony's Motion in the Blue Ocean
« Reply #800 on: May 27, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »
I have a Move at home and it has all the problems that having the camera being fixed causes but, when its properly calibrated it can be very precise.  I prefer the Wii approach.  You lose some precision but the need to calibrate goes away so it tends to become a wash.  Whats more annoying though is that none of the Move games I've played uses the pointer for menues and you don't use the pointer to navigate the XMB.  Instead you hold the trigger and flick it in the direction you want to go.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 28, 2011, 12:01:05 AM »
House of the Dead Overkill HD, loved it on the WII--great ending :).

BTW:  Why did you bother getting the PlayStation Move navigation controller?  You should have gotten two wands instead.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 28, 2011, 09:01:17 AM »
House of the Dead Overkill HD, loved it on the WII--great ending :) .

BTW:  Why did you bother getting the PlayStation Move navigation controller?  You should have gotten two wands instead.
Was that to me?  I don't have one.

I just got the Move.  I already had the Camera from Eye of Judgement (Could have been a good game but it shot itself in the foot by not having a single player mode really and not having any place in the game with all the rules.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 09:03:11 AM by Ceric »
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 03, 2011, 06:48:53 PM »
I'd put this in Sony's getting hit hard lately, but its locked

but Sony sold its Spider-man merchandising rights, which could be worth more than the movie rights considering toys and **** sell pretty decently.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 03, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

but Sony sold its Spider-man merchandising rights, which could be worth more than the movie rights considering toys and **** sell pretty decently.

I really wish Sony would just sell all its Spider-Man rights back to Disney.  Sony owning the license was the primary reason why the excellent Spectacular Spider-Man animated series was canceled once Disney acquired Marvel and is now being replaced by almost the exact same series in Ultimate Spider-Man.  Besides, I have a lot of doubts about the quality of this upcoming Spider-Man reboot, especially since it's an unnecessary origin story reboot in the first place.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 04, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »

I really wish Sony would just sell all its Spider-Man rights back to Disney.  Sony owning the license was the primary reason why the excellent Spectacular Spider-Man animated series was canceled once Disney acquired Marvel and is now being replaced by almost the exact same series in Ultimate Spider-Man.  Besides, I have a lot of doubts about the quality of this upcoming Spider-Man reboot, especially since it's an unnecessary origin story reboot in the first place.
Thats what annoys me the most about it... My 3 year old could tell you how Spider-Man became Spider-man.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #806 on: November 04, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
It is pretty pointless, but they at least they're redoing the whole webshooters thing. It really didn't make sense for the webbing to just come out of wrists just because.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 07, 2011, 07:07:34 PM »
SONY IS DOOOOOOMMMMED.

Nah, just sort of kidding. Based on Sony's continued losses with the Playstation division, and the company as a whole projected to make an annual loss of $1.6 Billion dollars (Â¥90 billion), S&P has decided to place a negative credit watch on Sony's A- credit rating.

While this has no immediate impact on Sony, it implies there is a credit downgrade down the road should losses continue without signs of improvement. A credit downgrade would increase the cost of future borrowing for Sony and renewal of current debts. As of March 31 2011, Sony as a whole owes $12 Billion dollars backed by $43 Billion dollars in capital paying $294 million dollars to service the interest.

Sony could maintain the status quo for atleast decade before potentially entering a bad earnings/debt downgrade/stock holder revolt death spiral. But well before that would happen, Sony would spin off division(s), sell more stock, fire workers, sell assest, so bankruptcy is not on the table even in the long term unless the company goes of a cliff.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 08, 2011, 11:08:03 AM »
You know I wish my Credit was that Super Durable.  I have a nice car, big house, and not working living off my loans.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 10, 2011, 05:08:57 AM »
lol, i wish i could get political haha.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: October 01, 2018, 09:10:12 PM »
Pretty funny that our competitor has nothing to talk about this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/sony-apos-annual-playstation-conference-160022447.html

Have you tried making a fighting game starring all of your great and memorable mascots?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.