Author Topic: Star Fox Adventures on Wii U  (Read 11785 times)

Offline UltraClayton

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Star Fox Adventures on Wii U
« on: February 09, 2013, 08:21:55 PM »
So I had a dream. I think it was more of a vision. Like the Wind Waker remake, the next remake will be Star Fox Adventures on Wii U. Yeah! Great idea. Best dream ever. I hope this happens. Either that, or just put it on VC.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Re: Star Fox Adventures on Wii U
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 08:31:36 PM »
Hard to say if thats possible, but then again anything is possible.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 11:35:22 PM »
Oh no! If this comes to be then that's it for Star Fox. At least for 20+ Kid Icarus years anyway.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 11:46:33 AM »
I hope not, really... if they are going to "HD remake" a Rare title, let it be one of the Donkey Kong Country titles please.

Star Fox Adventures got great reviews when it first came out, but most fans I have heard weren't won over. Not that I have much against Star Fox Adventures, other than not liking it much personally, but would much rather they focus resources on other titles for an HD remake.
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »
no

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »
I'm not sure Nintendo would be able to do this even if they wanted to, which they shouldn't. I wouldn't be surprised if Rare still had some claim to the game.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 04:50:33 PM »
LOL, Rare has zero claim to it. It's a Nintendo owned IP that Rare had work on it. It's not like the GoldenEye situation where Nintendo didn't own the IP.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »
then why was dkc removed from the vc a few months back and why did dk64 never appear there in the first place???

Offline alegoicoe

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 05:13:16 PM »
I love Starfox Adventures but I think that game should stay with the Gamecube, now, a remake of the Metroid prime series in HD with gamepad support would be the best.
Nintendo Network ID: LivByDCreed
Switch Friend Code: SW-4906-9561-1308

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 05:17:54 PM »
they did that
it was a limited edition released when i was stupid and naive
i hate myself sometimes

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 05:26:47 PM »
then why was dkc removed from the vc a few months back and why did dk64 never appear there in the first place???

DK64 never appeared because part of the game requires you to play JetPac, which is a Rare/Microsoft owned IP. And no one knows why the DKC games were removed, but Rare has no claim over the game.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
the 64 part i never knew
but there is simply no other explanation to dkc other then that rare holds some control over their work with the donkey kong liscence

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 05:33:41 PM »

DK64 never appeared because part of the game requires you to play JetPac, which is a Rare/Microsoft owned IP. And no one knows why the DKC games were removed, but Rare has no claim over the game.

May I ask how you've managed to read the contracts between Nintendo and Rare? How are you so sure that Rare doesn't have any kind of claim to the game? What other explanation can you come up with for why the Donkey Kong Country games, and only those games, were removed from the Virtual Console? I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on, but it's certainly a possibility.

J.P. Corbran

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:29 PM »

May I ask how you've managed to read the contracts between Nintendo and Rare? How are you so sure that Rare doesn't have any kind of claim to the game? What other explanation can you come up with for why the Donkey Kong Country games, and only those games, were removed from the Virtual Console? I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on, but it's certainly a possibility.

the timing of the removal right before the wii u launch supports the idea nicely

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 10:24:05 PM »
and only those games, were removed from the Virtual Console? I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on, but it's certainly a possibility.

Hardly the only games, 14 games have been removed from the North American Virtual Console.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 10:48:08 PM »
and only those games, were removed from the Virtual Console? I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on, but it's certainly a possibility.

Hardly the only games, 14 games have been removed from the North American Virtual Console.
and all confirmed to be because of licensing crud except dkc

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 11:15:57 PM »

They're the only Nintendo published games among them. You don't think the fact that the only Nintendo games to go off the service are the ones made by a company they no longer own might imply some kind of issue with who owns the rights?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 02:11:31 AM »
I bet they took the games down to artificially create some sort of demand once Returns part 2 hits. I can't imagine the Country series being available for so many years on the VC only for some recently discovered clause in the contracts to have them taken away.

As said above, Jet Pack is the best reason known so far as to why DK 64 was never available.

Rare creations including Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Rambi, Squaks, Crunch, Clap Trap(debatable), King K Rool, Cranky Kong, Funky, as well as many Kremlings have showed up in various Nintendo games throughout the GameCube and Wii generations so I doubt there was any contract issue. Granted those are just characters and not full games, I would imagine if it was contract related those rare related characters would go along with it. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:20:54 AM by Caterkiller »
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 07:39:00 AM »
who made the gba versions, im lazy
also the fact that the rare logo wasn't removed in the vc should say something

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:36 AM »
The graphics in SFA have aged well. The gameplay, not so much. Fetch quest-athon ahoy!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
The graphics in SFA have aged well. The gameplay, not so much. Fetch quest-athon ahoy!

hm.. i really wanted to finish this game some day but now, I'll have to think it over.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 03:31:28 PM »
Didn't Rare actually do the GBA titles? I recall that there was an agreement Microsoft made to allow Rare to port their works to the handhelds because that was not direct competition since Microsoft is not in the handheld business.

And I remember reading that Nintendo got all of the expanded contend for their franchises (Star Fox, Donkey Kong, etc.) and Rare/Microsoft got to keep all of their original IP (Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark). This is why Conker and Banjo were removed from the DS version of Diddy Kong Racing. Though it is possible that one of the DKC characters was forgotten in the contracts and no one realized it until now. More plausible if it is a licensing issue; Nintendo owns the IP but not 100% of the actual SNES games and Rare is technically owed royalties since these are the same title released in the 90's.

Speaking of Diddy Kong Racing. Either and HD remake or (preferably) a sequel would be fantastic. Loved the adventure mode and co-op plus hover crafts were da bomb. Give it to whoever did ExciteBots. Something other than Mario Kart would be refreshing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast