Author Topic: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)  (Read 409874 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U in Review (News & Rumor Consolidation)
« Reply #375 on: October 19, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
Curious about what changes Nintendo & Team Ninja made to Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U?
Hint: Dismemberments only found on the Wii U version?
http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-wii-u-jusr-keeps-getting-better/
For an action game of Ninja Gaidenā€˜s caliber, the direction Team Ninja went with Ninja Gaiden 3 was utterly baffling and insulting for long-time fans, who had come to cherish the technical combat and brutal difficulty of previous titles. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razorā€™s Edge is Team Ninjaā€™s attempt at correcting the issues that ruined the original release, and Iā€™m pleased to report that theyā€™ve made huge strides on that front. While there are still a few niggling technical issues with Razorā€™s Edge, Iā€™d argue that it is a truer sequel to Ninja Gaiden 2 than 3.

Sounds like ALOT of changes were made and this may now be alot closer to the game people were hoping for the first time around.

all the details at the link, for those that are interested.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 09:54:04 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2012, 01:08:09 AM »
Curious about what changes Nintendo & Team Ninja made to Ninja Gaiden 3 for Wii U?
Hint: Dismemberments only found on the Wii U version?
http://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-wii-u-jusr-keeps-getting-better/
For an action game of Ninja Gaidenā€˜s caliber, the direction Team Ninja went with Ninja Gaiden 3 was utterly baffling and insulting for long-time fans, who had come to cherish the technical combat and brutal difficulty of previous titles. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razorā€™s Edge is Team Ninjaā€™s attempt at correcting the issues that ruined the original release, and Iā€™m pleased to report that theyā€™ve made huge strides on that front. While there are still a few niggling technical issues with Razorā€™s Edge, Iā€™d argue that it is a truer sequel to Ninja Gaiden 2 than 3.

Sounds like ALOT of changes were made and this may now be alot closer to the game people were hoping for the first time around.

all the details at the link, for those that are interested.

Great article, specifically because the person who wrote played through the horrible Ps360 version, so his insight is very significant. I was worried about this game at first but now I'm a bit more relieved.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2012, 01:59:09 AM »
There's still plenty wrong with NG3 though, he didn't state anything about the QTE's (way to many in the oringal) or new enemy types (there's to few in the orginal).

Overall there's plenty of improvements but the one thing I thought was odd was "charging time was reduced?".  It was already pretty damn quick and overpowerful and now it's being reduced? 

Part of me really wished I skipped over NG3 but at the time NG3 RE wasn't announced :(.

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2012, 02:39:26 AM »
There's still plenty wrong with NG3 though, he didn't state anything about the QTE's (way to many in the oringal) or new enemy types (there's to few in the orginal).

Overall there's plenty of improvements but the one thing I thought was odd was "charging time was reduced?".  It was already pretty damn quick and overpowerful and now it's being reduced? 

Part of me really wished I skipped over NG3 but at the time NG3 RE wasn't announced :( .

A majority of combo-based action-combat games have QTE's. Devil May Cry, God of War, Ninja Gaiden, etc. all have them.
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2012, 03:31:40 AM »
You clearly didn't play NG3, it was total overkill with QTE, bosses had them, cutscenes, even basic enemy fights, and yes even the platform selections. 

Ninja Gaiden didn't have any prior to 3 and I'm not sure about the entire series of DMC since I skipped 2 but they didnt' have any either and the new one DMC is stated not to have any neither.

The only one you got right was the God of War series which has them during cutscenes, boss battles, and chests.  It's not as bad as NG3.  Ninja Blade is about the only other action game that abused the QTE more than NG3 though in NB defence it's QTE was a bit more interesting since if you missed it "continued" on anyhow with NG3 if you miss you'll end up repeating it over and over.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 30, 2012, 11:14:06 PM »
Gearbox praises the uMote
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/30/aliens-colonial-marines-xenomorphic-perspective-and-wii-u-pote/
"This is the best controller Nintendo's ever made for making an FPS," Pitchford told Joystiq. "This is the best controller Nintendo has ever given us for playing hardcore games."

Well, let's hope that translates into some serious hardcore and FPS support.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:07 AM »
I'm sick of this whole "hardcore" mentality among gamers. Newsflash: The gaming industry doesn't revolve around you guys. Ever heard of "expanding the gaming audience"? Video games are for everyone, just like movies, books, TV shows, etc.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:48 AM »
The gaming industry is a complex organism, and it can and should serve multiple audiences, including the so-called hardcore. It can't only be about us, but on the other hand it does need to be about us to some degree. It's not unreasonable to hope companies will support a system you're interested in in ways that appeal to you.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Bayonetta News Next Week
« Reply #383 on: October 31, 2012, 02:05:24 PM »
From Twitter.
https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/263493378761711617

We should see Bayonetta news next week from a magazine apparently.

Also I know everyone might know already but no GTA V for Wii U.
http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/10/31/gta-v-release-date-for-opposing-seasons/

RomanceDawn

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2012, 10:18:41 PM »

http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/10/31/gta-v-release-date-for-opposing-seasons/

I don't see where it says No release for Wii U.

It's a known fact right now that Nintendo is holding future releases close to it's chest for strategiv reveals closer to when the game is releasing. we don't know of more than 3-4 announced games currently in development that will be out after Xmas 2012 and I don't think any (other than SSB) that will definitely be out after March 2013 (post FY2012).

So I wouldn't count out GTA V on Wii U just yet, as it's more likely that since it is using PC assets, it will be announced along side the PC version. Or atleast that's what we can hope.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2012, 10:54:24 PM »

It's a known fact right now that Nintendo is holding future releases close to it's chest for strategiv reveals closer to when the game is releasing. we don't know of more than 3-4 announced games currently in development that will be out after Xmas 2012 and I don't think any (other than SSB) that will definitely be out after March 2013 (post FY2012).

So I wouldn't count out GTA V on Wii U just yet, as it's more likely that since it is using PC assets, it will be announced along side the PC version. Or atleast that's what we can hope.

I hope your right.

RomanceDawn

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2012, 04:38:04 PM »

I hope your right.
I think we all hope for this.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
Miyamoto on F-Zero! and lesser things...
« Reply #387 on: November 03, 2012, 06:56:04 PM »

Translated from French but it's certainly readable.
http://www.gamekult.com/actu/miyamoto-la-wii-u-et-le-secret-de-la-triforce-A105550.html

Trying to fix it...

Just click the link and send it through Google Translate if your browser doesn't translate it automatically. I'm having a hard time with copy and paste.

Speaks about how Link got his name, Metroid for Wii U(nothing really) and things like he hopes to be alive in 10 years.

For Metroid he basically say's the ideas he has for Metroid are reflected in the Nintendo Land game. Hmmm?

Gamekult: After a quick survey on Twitter, one of the game French gamers miss the most is F Zero. Nobody really understands why Nintendo hasn't made a new one since 2004. Is there a chance we can see it back on Wii U?

Miyamoto: :eyes open wide: I am really pleased to hear Twitter's opinion, because since the first episode on SNES many games have been made but the series has little evolved.I thought people had grown weary of it. I'd like to say: Thank you very much and try to wait by playing Nintendoland's FZero minigame.I am also very curious and I'd like to ask those people: Why FZero? What do you want that we haven't done before?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:05:38 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2012, 11:49:54 PM »
He's pretty much saying the last F-Zero games were failures sales wise and Nintendo isn't going to make a new one in the recent future because the lack of an audience.  Even though GX was highly praised, it only sold a few hundred thousand worldwide which was pretty poor because of the huge budget the game had.  It didn't help that the lower budget GBA games managed to sell way worse as well.

Iā€™m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #389 on: November 04, 2012, 12:44:56 AM »
You know...they just need to make a fun and accessible F-Zero game.

The N64 game was a blast.  It was a very deep racer, but it felt accessible.  The Gamecube game was NOT accessible and although it was fun, was just too hard.

I am curious what Nintendo can do to innovate the series.  I don't want it to go into weapons based racing...but I would love to see some revisions to the ramming aspects of the game.  How can that be done better?  Combat in F-Zero is pretty cool...and of course those crazy futuristic jumps and tracks.  I would also like to see multi-branching tracks and online play.

Basically F-Zero could be Nintendo's big online racer to sell to gamers.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 04, 2012, 01:41:41 AM »
Seems like it would be a perfect fit for a Wii U eShop game. I've gotten the impression over the years that Miyamoto likes the series, and if he really is stepping down from EAD to do smaller projects, doing a smaller, more experimental download F-Zero game seems right up his alley.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 04, 2012, 02:11:18 AM »
Releasing GX nearly the same  day as Soul Calibur 2 was a mistake. Still if people wanted it they would have gotten it. At the very least after this interview(much like Ridley and Sakurai), Miyamoto has more consideration for F Zero. At this point though if one is released it won't be for years.

Also did anyone read the Zelda portion? Link in modern day times would pretty refreshing, at least on the aesthetic side. Seems at this point it would never happen though.

RomanceDawn

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 04, 2012, 02:30:17 AM »
What I got from that excerpt is that he believes (and rightly I think) that f zero gx was pretty much all you could ask for gameplay-wise from an f-zero game. It's not like Zelda and Mario where the worlds are so expansive, the gameplay so varied and the universes so conducive to new and interesting ideas. More than anything miyamoto cherishes creativity and with f zero you just can't do that anymore without significantly changing core mechanics.

F zero gx is my second favourite game of the last 10 years. It is the most thrilling, the most hypnotisingly brutal, the most rewardingly painful game I have ever played. Changing it to be an "accessible online racing game" is about the worst Nintendo can do. And miyamoto realises this.

So all in all, while an f zero game would excite me, I think that Nintendo is probably right in leaving that franchise to rest for some more time.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 04, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »
What I got from that excerpt is that he believes (and rightly I think) that f zero gx was pretty much all you could ask for gameplay-wise from an f-zero game. It's not like Zelda and Mario where the worlds are so expansive, the gameplay so varied and the universes so conducive to new and interesting ideas. More than anything miyamoto cherishes creativity and with f zero you just can't do that anymore without significantly changing core mechanics.

F zero gx is my second favourite game of the last 10 years. It is the most thrilling, the most hypnotisingly brutal, the most rewardingly painful game I have ever played. Changing it to be an "accessible online racing game" is about the worst Nintendo can do. And miyamoto realises this.

So all in all, while an f zero game would excite me, I think that Nintendo is probably right in leaving that franchise to rest for some more time.
I have to disagree their since it reliable crashed my Gamecube.  That being said a $30 HD Remake I buy.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline tendoboy1984

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 04, 2012, 10:44:18 AM »
If you guys want a modern F-Zero game, try Shin'en's "FAST Racing League" on WiiWare, or Sony's WipeOut series on PlayStation.

I still don't get how the N64 got a WipeOut game. That series is published and owned by Sony.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
I have to disagree their since it reliable crashed my Gamecube.  That being said a $30 HD Remake I buy.
I bought used copy last year and apparently it was scratched or something. Imagine beating hard challenge and get an error message about faulty disc D:
Still, great game.

Shin'en's "FAST Racing League"
It's good but levels are not as crazy, and no tunnel levels from what i see.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 04, 2012, 10:35:36 PM »
Assassins Creed 3 might be delayed until Dec.

=.]http://mynintendonews.com/2012/11/05/assassins-creed-iii-for-wii-u-delayed-to-december/

This might actually be good for potential sales for the Wii U audience.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:42:06 PM by Caterkiller »

RomanceDawn

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 04, 2012, 11:08:36 PM »
Well I hope that doesn't turn out to be true.

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #398 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:42 AM »
I bought used copy last year and apparently it was scratched or something. Imagine beating hard challenge and get an error message about faulty disc D:
Still, great game.
Weird, I also had the same problem.
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2012, 12:58:58 AM »
http://gamingbolt.com/nano-assault-neo-dev-impressed-with-the-wii-u-power

ā€œThe performance problem of hardware nowadays is not clock speed but ram latency. Fortunately Nintendo took great efforts to ensure developers can really work around that typical bottleneck on Wii U,ā€ Nano Assault developer Manfred Linzner told Not Enough Shaders

ā€œThey put a lot of thought on how CPU, GPU, caches and memory controllers work together to amplify your code speed. For instance, with only some tiny changes we were able to optimize certain heavy load parts of the rendering pipeline to six times the original speed, and that was even without using any of the extra cores.

ā€œAlso Nintendo took care that other components like the Wii U GamePad screen streaming, or the built-in camera donā€™t put a burden on the CPU or GPU.

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/11/03/shinen-mega-interview-harnessing-the-wii-u-power/
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:10:10 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »