Author Topic: halo ds?  (Read 11157 times)

Offline bowwman

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
halo ds?
« on: August 26, 2004, 09:37:25 AM »
I heard that Halo is coming to the DS ... anyone know if its true?

--BoWWman--
"A thousand books aren't worth one real trip"

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: halo ds?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 10:10:42 AM »
Just count on it not coming and you will be a lot happier. This has been a presistant rumor since Microsoft allowed its delevopers to support the GBA.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:31:38 AM »
Microsoft has officially stated that they are not permitting development on the DS at the time being...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline bowwman

• View Profile
RE:halo ds?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 10:56:48 AM »
how come the kind folks at the gamming age boards seem to think it is? they mentioned it in the goldeneye on DS thread (http://forums.gaming-age.com/showthread.php?t=11672&highlight=halo)

--BoWWman--
"A thousand books aren't worth one real trip"

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 12:10:51 AM »
It's a board. Boards are breeding places for stupid, debunked and persistent rumors.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 08:52:05 PM »
Rare has dev kits for the DS.  A company does not usually spend money on dev kits unless they are going to actually use them and develope for a platform.  I doubt Halo would come though, as that is a high profile MS character.  Never quite know though.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 10:44:04 PM »
Perhaps MS wanted to take a look at the devkits BEFORE deciding on whether to spend the ressources required for supporting the DS? MS has lotsa money, they can afford mispurchases and probably decided that supporting the DS takes much more than supporting the GBA and that the GBA is all they're willing to spend their ressources on...

Offline Cheat Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 11:35:04 AM »
i have another question
why would you want a POS game like halo on such a wonderful system?
no really why?

someday...

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 12:43:30 PM »
Why? Because its popular! Popular Games will help the DS when the Juggernaut called the PSP rolls in....

Im not a fan of Grand theft auto either... but i would hope its eventually going to show up on the DS...  

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 08:23:39 PM »
First thing first, unless you hate all FPS games then Halo is by no means defication.  In fact I'll say that its the best console FPS since perfect dark.  The only way Halo leaves a microsoft system is if the PSP does real well.  Microsoft hates sony more than nintendo and doesn't want them to own the entire world.  If they see that the PSP is killing the DS then They'll announce development of HALO DS without delay.  That is the only senario I see getting halo on a system that isn't microsoft controlled.  As far as GTA DS.  I beleive sony will pay Rockstar to keep if off DS.  Its coming to GBA because rockstar likes the gba and sony doesn't view the GBA as a problem.  As far as it going to xbox, microsoft has more money than sony does.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 09:53:07 AM »
Halo sucked even by FPS standards, that level design was so awful...

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 05:53:20 PM »
It had some nice moments though its not terrible..

Id rather have Perfect Dark DS myself... Its one of my favorite games ever...  

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 05:13:50 PM »
Perfect dark won't come out for DS until it comes out for xbox 2.  Microsoft has rare and wants to make as much money off them as possible

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 07:21:06 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
Halo sucked even by FPS standards, that level design was so awful...
**** u!! THATS THE ONE XBOX GAME I REALLY LOVE!!!!

Banned

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2004, 11:09:29 PM »
Then try playing a few FPS games on the PC. If you love repetitive "kill everything, move to next room" gameplay, try Serious Sam.

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 06:23:31 AM »
console and pc fps games are different beast.  Halo is good because the controls scheme was so easy to use for the xbox, as was goldeneye for the n64.  on the PC halo is a bunch of crap because it came out old and the PC is a haven for FPS games.  I got the last serious sam game for five bucks from my neighbor and it sucks, but its fun and that's really all that matters for five bucks.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 06:50:02 AM »
How can it suck AND be fun? I define "suck" as "not fun"...

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2004, 08:48:29 AM »
The gameplay is real repetitive and the story is pretty much not there. A game needs more than good gameplay, although its the most important part.  serious sam's  running and shooting gets boring after a while though.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2004, 12:22:02 PM »
...its friggen halo, u sicko...
Banned

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2004, 01:15:25 PM »
Look at things objectively.  I hate sony with a passion, ever since my mp3 player stopped working majically and my Stereo started going on the fritz I've stopped buying sony products.  I'm not going to say that all things made by sony suck, there might be a chance that they make something good again.  In the begining I didn't like Xbox, I thought halo was this massively overrated game and every xbox game sucked.  Until I played halo using the I am bigger than your car controller.  Its a good game, a little repetitive but a good game.  Better than any FPS gamecube or PS2 has.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2004, 08:29:03 PM »

Originally posted by: kurst_chao3030
...its friggen halo, u sicko...

You are the master of argumentation...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2004, 09:05:15 PM »
Ogre: I felt the same way about Halo that you feel about Serious Sam (though I feel about Sam the same way, too). Anyway, Painkiller rules them both.

Offline Cheat Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2004, 09:15:21 AM »

Originally posted by: MaleficentOgre
Look at things objectively.  I hate sony with a passion, ever since my mp3 player stopped working majically and my Stereo started going on the fritz I've stopped buying sony products.  I'm not going to say that all things made by sony suck, there might be a chance that they make something good again.  In the begining I didn't like Xbox, I thought halo was this massively overrated game and every xbox game sucked.  Until I played halo using the I am bigger than your car controller.  Its a good game, a little repetitive but a good game.  Better than any FPS gamecube or PS2 has.

im sorry but i have played a fare number of FPS and watched others as well
and halo was and still is the SLOWEST FPS i have ever seen
i enjoyed DOOM on the GBA more than halo
the Fact is
Halo IS sub par
the ONLY reason it did\does so well is because for the longest time (sad as it may be) it was the best game on the Xbox
and thats not saying much

PS im not dissing the Xbox it is a very capable gamming system
someday...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2004, 10:38:25 AM »
Ok.  

Halo is a good game...it always was, and always will be.  However, the game is overrated.

Halo became a fan favorite game because it brought a really great multiplayer FPS experience to the console system.  It was the first, and so far the best console multiplayer FPS.  It was also the first to bring multiplayer ambitious and strong level design of the best computer shooters.

Second, Halo brought a refined control to the genre that many believe is better than the control available on computer FPSers.

However, its overrated because the story, single player level design, and excitement was never as great as people believed it to be.  The single player experience of Goldeneye is a far better experience even though it is technically inferior in every way.

Now we have Halo 2 coming out and MS is genius to hype this game.  They also were genius to focus all its attention on what made the first game so great...multiplayer.  I am curious how the single player experience will be, but I doubt it is going to be nearly as great as the multiplayer experience.  

What does this mean for DSers.  We don't need Halo on DS.  

What we need is a well designed FPSer of our own.  It needs to be designed specificly for multiplayer experience, and bring something exciting to the series.

The answer I have is for the original Goldeneye to be ported to DS.  Why?  The single player game is already there so the designers could work on how to port an exciting multiplayer experience.  This is however very unlikely to come out.

So the second answer is to hope that Metroid Hunters is truly a brilliant multiplayer experience.  If it is then we will have our great multiplayer game for the DS, and we can forget about the need of a Halo for DS.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2004, 12:17:58 PM »
Personally, while I don't really want Halo on the DS for my own sake, I think it would be a wonderful game to have on the DS simply because Nintendo needs big-name titles that appeal specifically to the casual North American gamer.  Without these titles I think Sony could very well take North America away from Nintendo in the handheld war.  But if Nintendo had Halo, one of the most (over?) hyped series of videogames ever, on the DS...well, that would go a long way to warding off Sony.

Nintendo also needs SPORTS on the DS, now that I think about it.  Again, like Halo, I don't really care about sports games, but without them PSP will have an extra edge in North America.  
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2004, 08:10:56 AM »
I think the DS will be a great system for sports.  

Imagine being able to design your own plays with the stylus touch screen...even to the point of designing the plays during the huddle!

If that is too ambitious you can atleast pick plays quickly and easily, and then have quick choices for audibles and such.  And the same customization can be placed into all sports games.  Formation changes on the fly, quickly call individual players in baseball to cover the field more conservatively or aggressively and so on and so on.

Nintendo doesn't need to make these games themselves.  Nintendo just needs to sell the concepts to EA.  If EA sees potential in the system the games will come.  

What I really hope is that Nintendo spends some money like they are in Japan and creates DS hubs around America for meeting places to play games.

Ideal places would be:

1)McDonalds (They already have the N64s in store.)
2)Find a large coffee house chain, or bookstore chain that wouldn't mind having a seperated off section for this very idea.  
3)College Dorms.  If Nintendo spent some money and created a HUD and HUD boosters within college Dorms then it would become an instant success for multiplayer gaming.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2004, 11:11:54 AM »
if u think overrated then you can't think for yourself...or u just can't think
Banned

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2004, 11:28:30 AM »
Or maybe we are expressing our own opinions?  Perhaps...

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »
Honostly though, halo works much better on a console, with consolde specific controls.  I'm not sure that with a stylus and a touch screen the game would work, just like it doesn't work with a mouse and keyboard.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2004, 09:47:10 PM »
Let's put it like that: Oni worked on PC AND console, why doesn't Halo?

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2004, 04:24:43 AM »
I don't know it just doesn't.  I don't think goldeney would've worked on OC.  I didn't like oni so I don't care.  SVC chaos works in the arcade but not soo much in ps2.  All the time crisis games work good arcade and are only okay on ps2.   ounterstrike worked on pc but sure as hell didn't on xbox.  Some games do some don't.  Halo on PC isn't bad, it just doen't feel right after playing it on xbox.  

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2007, 08:40:56 AM »
The Bump to end all Bumps!

Matt comes through on his rumors and proves you IGN haters wrong!
http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2007/10/02/67886/

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2007, 10:13:53 AM »
People are comparing it to Goldeneye DS.  I'm not familiar with it, so does anyone know if you could dual-wield in GE?

Still, the videos are really cool. Imagine if the development was allowed to continue. I wouldn't mind some hand-held Halo action.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2007, 12:11:05 PM »
Actually it never saw the light of day, so most people were right....

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2007, 12:52:28 PM »
Yeah, you could dual-wield in GE:Rogue Agent on the DS. It was a really cool game, I still pull it out from time to time.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »
Looks pretty sweet to me. Probably would've gotten me to buy an Xbox earlier than I did actually...oh, the irony.

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »
Master Chief in Brawl: Confirmed.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale