Author Topic: App for viewing the forums?  (Read 5688 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
App for viewing the forums?
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:46:54 AM »
Is there a good app y'all can recommend for viewing and posting on the forums?

I've seen a couple available but it looks like they have to be compatible with the forum software. Is this something the site is even capable of doing?

I'm finding that I'm more able to be on my phone than my computer and having a mobile option for viewing the forums would be very helpful.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: App for viewing the forums?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 12:48:12 AM »
Ask Tendoboy. :D

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
the software probably works with tapatalk or something of the sort. not officially of course but i imagine there is an app that recognizes the forum software.
I've seen a couple available but it looks like they have to be compatible with the forum software. Is this something the site is even capable of doing?

again i'd imagine it is. this forum runs on smf 2.0.4, which is a fairly common set of forum software.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 12:18:27 PM »
I never have any problem just using the browser on my phone or iPad to view and post.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:40:55 PM »
I never have any problem just using the browser on my phone or iPad to view and post.
well whoopdy doo for you but stratos here is and so if you aren't going to contribute something productive here towards a solution then i suggest finding the door.

if your using android the web browser can make a huge difference.(the stock gb browser is unbearable but opera mini seems to get me going well enough(although i cant see animated gifs because of the way the browser is designed which is ironic because i post alot of them from the wii u browser))

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:45:31 PM »
pokepal, I could say something about how you don't always understand what is going on (since you think increasing the penalties for something already illegal is bad).

And I WAS contributing. Maybe stratos is using a mediocre mobile device or something because every mobile device i've accessed the site on works fine. I don't use the stock web browser on Android though, I use Chrome on Android.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »
(since you think increasing the penalties for something already illegal is bad).

Is there a rule against bringing up **** from other threads into a different one? There should be.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 01:12:34 PM »
Considering there is a whole thread dedicated to stuff mentioned in other threads, no.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »
Considering there is a whole thread dedicated to stuff mentioned in other threads, no.

There you go. Keep that crap in that thread.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 02:55:01 PM »

There you go. Keep that crap in that thread.
its locked.