Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

MARIO PAINTBALL MAFIA SIGNUPS

(1/15) > >>

Spak-Spang:
Here is the beginning thread for Mario Paintball Sign ups.

Game should begin around:  MAY 18th  Sign ups may be extended if we need more people. 

I need some volunteers for prizes, otherwise I will have to figure out another means to give out prizes...don't worry I am sure I can figure something out...after all Amazon.com is now doing Wii Ware purchases.

Please remember to read the rules because this is a different Mafia game than usual. 

PLAYERS LIST:

Vudu
Nickmitch
Mop_it_Up in as Birdo
GoldenPhoenix as Wendy Koopa
Maxi in as Paper Bowser
DAaaman64 in as Donkey Kong
Plugabugz
Dasmos
Khushrenada in as Waluigi
The Perm as the Gotcha! paintballer
Pale
pap64
Stratos in as Admiral Bobber
Gylldas in as Baby Daisy
DrewMG in as Lakitu
ShyGuy in as...ShyGuy???
Stevey in as Khush Killer?

Total: 17 People (and counting)

Spak-Spang:
Mario Paintball is a mafia game modeled after Plugabugz Mario Kart Mafia game, with some twists to make the game (hopefully) play like a blended game of Mafia and Paintball. 

The Basics:

Mario Paintball is a battle between 3 teams trying to best each other in a paintball tournament.  The objective is to find each teams "flags" and capture them or eliminate them from play. 

The 3 teams are:  Team Mario, Team Bowser, and Team Wario.

Ok, just thought I would post the order of events just in case people want to know.

The Days vote is always the first action to occur.
The next action to occur is always Wario's action if he chooses to act.
The following action will occur in the order that I get them.  So runners and gunners actions will be processed in the order they were received.

Night actions like investigations and General's identity change occur the beginning of next day.  As such, a General can not investigate someone AND change roles the same day...it is one or the other.

Team Mario and Team Bowser are the two largest teams.  They are playing against each other to see who can beat the other in paintball.  Each team will have designated Flags which will know each other and will work together to try to rally their team for a win. 

Team Wario is a wildcard team that is just up for mischief and want to disrupt the game in whatever way they can.  The Wario team's size is unknown, but they don't have any flags because they are not part of the tournament.  To win Team Wario needs to eliminate both teams before they are capable of defeating the other team.  This can be done by capturing the last flag of each team at the same time, or eliminating all the players on a team except for the flags. 

Basic Roles:

Flags:  Are a special Role on Team Mario and Team Bowser.  The Flags know who each other are and act to a similar way to mafia in traditional games.  The Mario Flags know each other, but can not attack with guns.  They can only be eliminated by either Vote Out, Capture, or Team Wario Attack.  The game is over when all the flags on one team is eliminated.  There will either be 3 to 4 flags per team.

Flags: must rely on their knowledge of their team to lead votes and try to protect each other.  They truly are the leaders of their team, but be careful who you trust, because you may be talking to the enemy.

Gunners:  The Gunners are the most basic role of the game (they are the townies of the game)  Gunners start out with 5 paintballs each for the entire game.  They can choose to use all their paintballs at once or save them for later in the game.  Each paintball has a 25% chance of hittings its target.  You can increase the odds by shooting up to 3 paintballs at a single target.  So 1 paintballs = 25%, 2 paintballs = 50%, and 3 Paintballs = 75% of hitting your target.  There is always a chance of avoiding an attack. 

Gunners do not have any idea who anyone is on their team.  They don't know who each other are or their flags.  So it you must be careful who you trust and who you target.  Once you run out of paintballs all you can do is vote. 

Runners: do not have a paintball gun, but they can capture flags from the other team with their action.  If a runner captures a flag, the captured flag is eliminated from the game, and the runner becomes a new flag for their team.  Once they are a flag, they will be informed who the rest of their team's flags are.  Runners can turn the tables on a game, by allowing the team to strength from a weakened position, and stay in the game.

Generals aka MARIO & BOWSERl   The General has the ability to become any Role for a team, except a flag.  Once the general has chosen a role he is no longer a General and becomes that new role with all their abilities.  While he is the General (and not chosen a role) the General can investigate one person each night and determine what role they have and what team they are on.  Unfortunately as the General he can not attack.

Team Wario

Team Wario are special roles that have only 2 weapons.  1 is a Paintball gun with a 100% hit ratio.  This paint gun can take out a flag or a gunner.  The other weapon is a Paint grenade.  The Paint Grenade can target 2 opponents of their choice and has a 100% accuracy.  The Paint Grenade is the perfect weapon for Team Wario to achieve their goal of eliminating both teams final flags.  Team Wario can only be eliminated by vote out. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actions:

All Roles have the responsibility to vote in the daily thread.  If you do not vote in a thread you will not die.  However, if you do not vote and you are a gunner you will lose a paintball.  This will encourage everyone to participate in the daily thread vote.  Besides, this game is going to be fast and furious so it is important to start voting soon.

Gunners:  Gunners send a private message to me to target their shots.  Once they send in their shots it can not be edited or changed.   This is because I will be determining my actions by the order they come to me.  Private Messages can start coming in the second I start the new day.  If you send them in earlier I will not count that action.  To be fair to my overseas players, before the game starts you can write me a special request to send actions in early.  This must be arranged before the game starts, and the private message needs to be sent to me over the night before the new day starts.  Otherwise, I will treat it like any other action in that order.  You will not be told if your actions hit, miss, or hit a flag.  You will just have to make assumptions based on what happens in the game.

Runners:  Your actions are night actions, so before the start of each day you send in your actions and they will occur first thing the start of the next day.  So that means day 0, you can send in a target.  If you target a flag for your action then you capture that flag and take them out of the game.   The target is out of the game, and you become the flag.  This works for targeting opposing flags, and targeting your own flags, so be careful who you target.   Once you are a flag you are not a runner anymore and will be informed of the other flags on your team.  If you target anyone else, your action fails.

Spies actions are night actions, so before the start of each day send in a player you would like to investigate, at the beginning of the day you will learn that players role and what team they are one.  This means before day 1 begins you can send in a target on 'day 0'

General's The general's actions are night actions to change roles.  However, once you change roles you have to wait until next day to use your new role.  So on Day 1 Night if you become a Gunner you can not use your attacks for Day 2.  You must wait til Day 3.

Team Wario:  Your actions are always night actions.  This means your actions will always have precedence over all other attacks.  This gives you a big advantage.  You can also send in your actions if you choose on 'day 0' for a day 1 action.  But remember you only have 2 actions the entire game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clarification # 1)  Although the vote is one of the few ways to eliminate a flag.  Anyone role voted out is out of the game.   

8 Members Team Mario/Team Bowser

3-Flags Each Team
1-General Each Team
2-Runner Each Team
2-Gunners Each Team

The Leaves 1 Member for Team Wario.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just thought I would post the order of events just in case people want to know.

The Days vote is always the first action to occur.
The next action to occur is always Wario's action if he chooses to act.
The following action will occur in the order that I get them.  So runners and gunners actions will be processed in the order they were received.

Night actions like investigations and General's identity change occur the beginning of next day.  As such, a General can not investigate someone AND change roles the same day...it is one or the other.

vudu:

--- Quote from: Spak-Spang on May 06, 2009, 02:26:05 PM ---Please remember to read the rules because this is a different Mafia game than usual. 

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Spak-Spang on May 06, 2009, 02:26:17 PM ---Reserved for rules.

--- End quote ---

;D

I'm down.

nickmitch:
I guess I'm in.  This sounds a bit complicated. . .

Mop it up:
This sounds weird and confusing... Right up my alley!

In as Birdo (if characters apply).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version