Author Topic: Post yourselves!~  (Read 2720 times)

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Post yourselves!~
« on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:21 PM »
Khush's post about ruining the magic made me think: what if we just ruin the magic now instead of later? In this thread we can post flattering or unflattering pictures of ourselves to put a face to our usernames. I have a feeling I already made a thread like this but I can't find it soooo

I'll start!

Look at that sexy mug! What you don't see off screen are all the ladies lining up to see me.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Post yourselves!~
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:56:44 PM »
Nope. I try and avoid getting my picture taken and especially posting anything of my face on the internet. It's a lesson I've picked up from James Bond in Dr. No where he first avoids and then confiscates a camera from a woman trying to take his picture for Dr. No's gang. It's like at the start of Sherlock Holmes with RDJ when he blocks his face just before the newspaper photographer takes his picture. It's like Harold Finch keeping his identity anonymous from the world in Person of Interest. Or Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation doing all he can to prevent any personal information of his from being learned by anyone.

Smart people and spies realize the benefit of anonymity and being able to move in the shadows and making it difficult to be tracked down by others. A couple times I started to fill out some surveys for contests but then they ask for your address or phone number or e-mail and I stop and exit the survey. I'd rather a corporation not have that to inundate me with flyers and ads than any prize they may offer. The Smash Bros. CD is one of the few times I've broken that rule but that's why I had to kill Club Nintendo.

I'm in a condo building or am I? and when I moved in, I sent in a letter for my name to be added to the buzzer list and get that door unlock process set-up. However, I never got a response back and it never happened. Then I realized I preferred it this way. There's nothing on the building registry that identifies me as living there and I don't have to worry about someone buzzing me accidently or for some other reason. If people I know and invite over show up, I can just go to the door and let them in myself and they know how or have the means to contact me. It makes me sound paranoid which is part of why I like telling this little tale but I'm not living in fear. Just living smart. My snippit of advice for the day.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 05:09:47 PM »
I was watching the news at work today, well doing the news whatever, anyways there was a story involving a bus crash from a driver who fell asleep and the news agency had SEVEN different angles of the crash all from cell phone and dash cams. Any illusion of privacy or anonymity in today's world is completely delusional.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »
Ha ha ha. Then post an actual picture of me.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
Nope. I try and avoid getting my picture taken and especially posting anything of my face on the internet. It's a lesson I've picked up from James Bond in Dr. No where he first avoids and then confiscates a camera from a woman trying to take his picture for Dr. No's gang. It's like at the start of Sherlock Holmes with RDJ when he blocks his face just before the newspaper photographer takes his picture. It's like Harold Finch keeping his identity anonymous from the world in Person of Interest. Or Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation doing all he can to prevent any personal information of his from being learned by anyone.

Smart people and spies realize the benefit of anonymity and being able to move in the shadows and making it difficult to be tracked down by others. A couple times I started to fill out some surveys for contests but then they ask for your address or phone number or e-mail and I stop and exit the survey. I'd rather a corporation not have that to inundate me with flyers and ads than any prize they may offer. The Smash Bros. CD is one of the few times I've broken that rule but that's why I had to kill Club Nintendo.

I'm in a condo building or am I? and when I moved in, I sent in a letter for my name to be added to the buzzer list and get that door unlock process set-up. However, I never got a response back and it never happened. Then I realized I preferred it this way. There's nothing on the building registry that identifies me as living there and I don't have to worry about someone buzzing me accidently or for some other reason. If people I know and invite over show up, I can just go to the door and let them in myself and they know how or have the means to contact me. It makes me sound paranoid which is part of why I like telling this little tale but I'm not living in fear. Just living smart. My snippit of advice for the day.

Agreed.

I use to play the "facebook" game and post photos of myself (I was up to 6 photos), but then I realized that I may one day do something important. And a mystery of life is that you never know when you might do something important. So I went into clean up mode and cleared my pictures, searched for myself, and did some more cleaning.

Why? Well it is more than privacy. I think it's a bit egotistical. People have websites for themselves with nothing but a picture of themselves to greet you. It is for their goal of looking like a professional. But the only time people care who you are, is when they know what you've done. Banksy.

I've always had a dream of traveling the world like Anthony Bourdain and filming my exploits, but in my mind that is different. The focus wouldn't be on me, it would be on the world. That is one of the reasons why I dislike those videos of people taking or filming selfies of their journey across the globe. I don't care about your face and I barely care for your reaction. Show me more of the world!

As for this...this is harmless and any picture I would post of myself would be harmless as well. Yet, I still don't feel the need to willingly share myself when my exploits will do. In fact, it may work to my favor if you never know what I look like, just what I have done. Like Link never speaking, an absence of an image gives my thoughts limitless characteristics.

Anyway, I'll post the image I now always post when asked for a profile:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:23:18 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »
I'm wanting to get involved in the industry by designing games. (I'm in college to do that, but my major focuses on interactive media as a whole. This is for when I graduate I won't be stuck just doing game design or have a limited skill set.) I'm almost done with my first one, and I post articles from SuperPhillip Central on Twitter and Facebook, and both places have my full name. I can see why people who aren't trying to further themselves in an online-focused industry would want to keep themselves secret, but for me, it'd be counter-intuitive to what I want to do.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 06:56:47 PM »
Since you asked so nicely...

I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 06:58:47 PM »
I didn't know you were Samoan.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 08:08:29 PM »
My dad is African America, my mom is Samoan. I weigh 275 pounds.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 09:47:52 PM »
Is that why your tattoos are on the opposite side of Roman Reigns or is that a tribe-specific thing?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 09:49:37 PM »
It's a american thing! ;D
Made you look ****.