Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 345222 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1425 on: March 03, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »
If you look back Spak-Spang and I argued that Sonic as a character couldn't get a good move set that really paid homage to him.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1426 on: March 03, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »
Sonic can do Dragon Punches and throw the FAT CAT GUY at opponents.  With sonic speeds.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1427 on: March 03, 2007, 12:01:02 PM »
Not to mention that Snake was added simply because Kojima begged to add him back on Melee, and I'm sure he went back to beg like a doggy when SSB Brawl was announced.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: March 03, 2007, 12:32:11 PM »
In an interview from Tips and Tricks Magazine last summer, Miyamoto stated that Sonic is the most requested character.  Plus there's the fact that Sakurai says there will be 1-2 more third party characters.  That 1 character will be Sonic, will the 2 in that statement will be who ever pays Nintendo the most to get what ever character that want in.  Most likely a Square-Enix character because of the five Final Fantasy character in Mario Hoops and the Mario and Dragon Quest Party game.

Plus there's the whole issue of Sega working with Nintendo with the Genesis games on the Virtual Console, so there is a close relationship.  And Sonic WAS originally planned on being in Mario Kart: Double Dash, but never got to be in because Sega had a problem with Sonic driving a Kart, even though they had him driving a Kart in that one mode in Sonic Adventure 2

So it's pretty obvious that Nintendo wants Sonic in the game and so the chances are pretty much 100% that he'll be in.  If he's not in it'll be because Sega didn't allow him to be in and that would make Sega the dumbest company in the history of the world.  Considering Smash Bros Brawl is going to sell anywhere between 5-10 million copies, which is more then any Sonic game ever has and ever will.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Artimus

• View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: March 03, 2007, 12:40:31 PM »
Hey, on the bright side, it'll be the best 3D game Sonic will have ever been in!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1430 on: March 03, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »

Originally posted by: wandering

edit: If i shouldnt have that image here, someone please let me know and i will take it down.

Technically it is 12 times larger than the size limit, though the rule's been broken before without consequence.

In that case, i will take it down and link it.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: March 03, 2007, 12:54:44 PM »
I'm expecting a new trailer at GDC next week. If Nintendo wants to create even more buzz for the title, they'll show Sonic (granted he makes the cut). Other than 3rd party additions, I'd like to see some of those WarioWare characters make it. Mona and Young Cricket would make interesting additions.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: March 03, 2007, 01:33:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
I'd like to see some of those WarioWare characters make it. Mona and Young Cricket would make interesting additions.

I agree, we need a Wario Ware character in the game.  I'd prefer Jimmy though because that way we'd get a disco stage with some funk in the background.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: March 03, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »
Kat and Ana would make for a good "pair", like the Ice Climbers.

And yes, if Sonic isn't in the game, I'll be stunned.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline zakkiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: March 03, 2007, 03:49:45 PM »

I'm expecting a new trailer at GDC next week. If Nintendo wants to create even more buzz for the title, they'll show Sonic (granted he makes the cut). Other than 3rd party additions, I'd like to see some of those WarioWare characters make it. Mona and Young Cricket would make interesting additions.
Supposedly, Nintendo's recent moves to buy back its stock mean that it legally can't reveal anything about unreleased games at GDC.  
Defenestration - the only humane method of execution.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1435 on: March 03, 2007, 04:22:28 PM »
Zakkiel:  That sounds a little odd.  Why wouldn't they legally be able to reveal anything about unreleased games?

If they think it could be Nintendo using insider trading techniques, that is silly because Nintendo would have bought back stocks while they were at a recent high...and how long would that rule take place?  A week?  A couple of months?  That would be horrible business law that should and would be able to be fought.

I call bogus rumor on that.

Offline MattVDB

• In need of an alter-ego
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: March 03, 2007, 08:38:28 PM »
Spak, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's true.  Japanese Law forbids them from revealing anything before their trade is complete.  Now, this trade is supposed to go through in early March, so we _may_ get lucky, but it's a slim chance.

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/nintendo_no_new.html
(and the front page of NWR)   http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=13034

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1437 on: March 04, 2007, 12:23:34 AM »
Ok.  

before the trade happens I can actually understand.  Since Nintendo has announced the trade releasing any information can manipulate the stock before sales are final.

I thought we were talking about shortly after the final sale of the stocks.

It is still a silly law...but since it is actually there to protect the stock holders I am glad it is in place.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: March 04, 2007, 01:52:16 PM »
Ok anyone read the new mail bag?

"Games can, however, use the Classy and the GC pad for optional control schemes. Super Smash Bros. Brawl will most likely have these options available, but it's going to be playable with the remote/nunchuk combo, too."

Has the remote/nunchuk combo been officialy announced as compatible with Brawl? I remember reading that there would be no motion control in the game, and maybe it means just that, no motion control but still using the nunkcuk combo.

If so I would be very very happy, this gives us 3 awesome options, and I couldnt be happier!

The Classic controller feels so much more solid than the GC's and I just can't wait to try it out.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: March 04, 2007, 01:54:26 PM »
There's no reason it shouldn't use the remote+attachment as a scheme; 4 buttons is all Smash Bros needs.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: March 04, 2007, 02:50:01 PM »
It'd be awkward to use a mote+chuck combo, though.

I mean, SSB is played at such a speed that you really do need access to all four of those buttons at nearly the same time and switching your finger from Z to C quickly would make it difficult.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1441 on: March 05, 2007, 02:01:05 AM »
No more difficult than switching buttons on the classic controller...and actually, if the controls were mapped well, you could easily react faster, since you have basically two hands for the four buttons instead of one hand.  In fact, two buttons have completely dedicated fingers...which would allow for great speed.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 05, 2007, 03:05:08 AM »
At the risk of being lynched, I'm all for a complete revamping of the Smash Bros. style of play.  The series basically broke fighting games once already, why not again?  I'm looking forward to a traditional Smash sequel, but I wouldn't mind if Nintendo did something else.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 05, 2007, 04:32:51 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
No more difficult than switching buttons on the classic controller...and actually, if the controls were mapped well, you could easily react faster, since you have basically two hands for the four buttons instead of one hand.  In fact, two buttons have completely dedicated fingers...which would allow for great speed.

It would be odd to get used to, but then again, so wasn't the GC controller for SSBM.

I guess I could see it working if C is jump and Z is block, it would just take time.

Offline JGarcia050

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 05, 2007, 05:54:36 PM »
3 new characters revealed: cel shaded link  bowser jr. and ridely

3 characters that are getting the boot: game and watch young link and ice climbers

i think ridley is gonna be awesome...gonna be interesting to see how he fights bowser jr. i can live with and cel shaded link is gonna look weird next to the other characters.

im sad to see the ice climbers go...no reason for it, y not just keep them in the next game....same with game and watch both cool characters....but young link had to go....now mewtwo pichu and dr. mario have to go.

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1173116238

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 05, 2007, 06:41:10 PM »
Thats fake and welcome to 6months ago

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1446 on: March 05, 2007, 06:50:05 PM »
Mario is rumored to be playable.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 05, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
Mario is rumored to be playable.

That was proven fake months ago.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 05, 2007, 07:07:05 PM »
No! Sakurai said they're still considering him, but they question his drawing power.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 05, 2007, 07:18:55 PM »
What?  Mario fight people?

What an absurd notion!
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t