Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 346500 times)

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1375 on: February 21, 2007, 07:01:13 AM »
I would be all for it just to get the Septuple KO award.  Melee topped out at Quintuple KO, which sucked because I got way more than that one time.  

In the final battle of All-Star mode on very easy difficulty, using Mewtwo, standing on an upper platform charging his shadow ball while the Mr. Game&Watch army spawned and fell onto it one after another, immediately rocketing off the top of the stage.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1376 on: February 21, 2007, 07:03:35 AM »
I always wanted to see 8-player in Smash. I think it's possible. Melee didn't tax Gamecube hardware. There shouldn't be a problem hardware wise with Wii being more powerful. Also, LAN allows for everyone to use all GCN controllers or all Classic controllers... the camera should always show every character though.

It could work, though I still think 4 player (possibly 6) is ideal.

Offline Pittbboi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 21, 2007, 07:04:27 AM »

Did anyone have a hard time on the Corneria level when you had people fighting at either end of the stage? I personally didn't, and I wouldn't imagine that 8 players would stretch the camera any further than that.

I've never had any problems in the Corneria stage, but there's definitely an issue with the camera panning out too far on the Zelda temple stage.

Anywho, I'm glad that Brawl was somewhat confirmed for 2007. Sure it's the Japanese version, but there really isn't that much to translate in a Smash game, so hopefully that means a North America release not too far off...hopefully in 2007 too.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 21, 2007, 07:13:32 AM »
Zelda temple was big enough for 16 players. I don't think we need levels that big, but Corneria was spot-on for level size.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Pittbboi

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 21, 2007, 07:20:31 AM »
Camera issues aside, I loved the temple stage. There were so many different areas to take the fight, so it was a worthwhile trade-off. I wouldn't mind stages that big in Brawl. In fact, I hope there's more than one (which was the case with Melee).

The only other real issue I had with the temple stage was that it made launching a heavy character off the map with a lightweight character an f-ing chore. But that might be more of a balance issue.  

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: February 21, 2007, 07:26:14 AM »
The only issue I had with it was the fact that a fast character could theoretically run in a loop around the mid-section of rock forever to evade death at my hands.

Yeah, the camera being that far out could be a pain, but it wasn't so bad on my 32" TV.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 21, 2007, 10:13:19 AM »
the biggest problem with melee was the retarded white hand boss guy.   I felt like I was getting b1tchslapped my mickey freakin mouse...

My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 21, 2007, 10:25:47 AM »

Originally posted by: ryancoke
the biggest problem with melee was the retarded white hand boss guy.   I felt like I was getting b1tchslapped my mickey freakin mouse...

And what's wrong with that?
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1383 on: February 21, 2007, 10:29:02 AM »
Master hand WAS also a boss in the first game...It's more of an Inside joke in the SSB universe. The hand is supposed to represent us the fans, the gamers that have controlled these characters for years.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 21, 2007, 10:33:35 AM »
I actually never played the first SSB game. It's name is "master hand"?  That's probably the worst boss name in the history of gaming!  They might as well have called him "the rude slapper".
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »
I just thought of a wild idea...

What if, the giant, ultimate boss in Brawl turned out to be...you?!?

Instead of Master Hand you end up fighting against a Mii of yourself!

Will never happen, but would be the funniest use of the Miis yet.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1386 on: February 21, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
pap64:  You bring up a good idea.  Though many people want to a Mii to be a playable character.  At first, I thought it was hard to do...but if you created a profile for yourself, and selected a Mii to represent you, then when you selected the generic Mii figure it could pull up yours exactly.

Also, people wanted instead of the 100 wire frame characters to fight all the different Miis in on your system.  Another great idea.  Hopefully Nintendo will consider this while designing the game that Miis are something to strive for.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 21, 2007, 04:32:42 PM »
I got the Master Hand joke, but I still sh*t my pants when I realized that an f-ing glove was the best Hal Labs could come up with... then they one-upped themselves with "Crazy Hand" in Melee. What the hell? Seriously... what's next? Perhaps Master Third Leg.

I've said this numerous times. I'd love to see a story mode in Brawl with real bosses. I'd prefer if they came up with their own cool boss characters but bosses from the various franchises would work too. Let me fight Twinrova or Ridley or the Koopa Kids (maybe all of them at once).

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #1388 on: February 21, 2007, 06:15:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack8 player Smash Bros. would be boner inducing. I mean rock hard, bust through the pants boner inducing.

NEW QUOTE!

AWESOME! First quote evar!

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Sometime 2007, Players TBA!?!?!?!?!?!?

I totally caught that too. I mean the fact that it will be 4 players is a no brainer, to me this means Nintendo is seriously considering more than 4 players, because otherwise they would've just listed 4 players. I forsee myself buying new pants in the near future.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 21, 2007, 06:48:37 PM »
I'm not THAT optimistic...yet, but that does paint the idea in a suspicious light.

Cap pointed out that it might have been that the field was simply left blank by Dengeki, where the list came from, and in that case, they filled all empty fields in with TBA, like dates, players, etc.

The real question is this: did the ORIGINAL list from Nintendo of Japan have "TBA" listed under players for SSBB or did Dengeki add it in? If Dengeki added it, then the theory ends here.

But if it came from Nintendo that way, then I think this moves from "conspiracy theory" to "possibility".

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1390 on: February 21, 2007, 07:07:03 PM »
NO, IT MEANS NINTENDO HAS NOT CONFIRMED THE GAME SUPORTS PLAYERS YET.

ONLY ANIMATIONS OF 3RD PARTY CHARACTERS.

DUR.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 21, 2007, 07:34:05 PM »
No, you're thinking of FF12, which features the "we'll-win-the-battle-for-you-while-you-stare-at-the-bunny-girl" combat engine.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1392 on: February 22, 2007, 02:04:36 AM »
I really want Nintendo to flesh out the adventure mode more...and actually make each level represented more unique then just run through the level or such.  If I can think of cool things to do each level Nintendo should be able to.

As for Final Adventure mode bosses, I think Master Hand and Crazy Hand should be resigned to Event Matches only.  

Then I think Adrock has a great idea of big bosses for certain characters.  

All the Mario characters could have an awesome boss in some creature from Super Mario RPG...
Or you could split the Mario characters some would fight the Super Mario RPG character and others would fight Wart.

Link and Zelda could fight either Ganon or Vaati the boss from Four Swords...if it was Vaati then Ganondorf could also fight that boss.

Kirby and MetaKnight would face King Dedede

Samus either Mother Brain or Ridley  (I think recreating the SNES Mother Brain battle would be awesome.)

Wario and 3rd Party Characters:  Must face Master Hand and Crazy Hand (I think it fits Wario, and 3rd Party characters would be harder to get rights to bosses.

ect, ect, ect.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 22, 2007, 02:37:09 AM »
"As for Final Adventure mode bosses, I think Master Hand and Crazy Hand should be resigned to Event Matches only."

Never!  The final boss will be Master Hand + Crazy Hand + Mii Head! =D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1394 on: February 22, 2007, 04:14:24 AM »
Bill:  My entire post did finally mention using Master Hand and Crazy Hand for bosses of some characters for Adventure mode.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: February 22, 2007, 10:31:44 AM »
I'd like the bosses in an Adventure Mode to be based on diffuculty.  Like if you pick Very Easy then the boss for the Kirby stage will be Waddle Dee who gets defeated in 3 hits.  But if you choose Very Hard then you'll be taking on the Nightmare who has 999% and you can only harm him when his cape is up just like in Kirby's Adventure.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1396 on: February 22, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
The only 3rd party characters in this game are Snake and PACMAN.

Eat it up, kids.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 22, 2007, 10:48:42 AM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
Bill:  My entire post did finally mention using Master Hand and Crazy Hand for bosses of some characters for Adventure mode.

Yeah, but I honestly don't like the idea of Master Hand taking the place of a character's final boss...Thus, he should be the final boss for everyone...However, it would make sense if you fought a character's "final boss" only to find out that Master Hand was controlling it...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Mikintosh

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 22, 2007, 11:22:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Professional 666
The only 3rd party characters in this game are Snake and PACMAN.

Eat it up, kids.

Here's to that being a joke? Still holding out for Sega negotiations to come through.

If they have bosses that aren't the Hands or playable characters, they'll probably be clones since they have to fully program the bosses, and...that's a lot of work, I'm sure.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1399 on: February 22, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »
The problem with personalized bosses it that it makes the game too complicated. For instance, if Mr. Game&Watch is back, then who would be his boss? There'd be a surplus of non-playable characters, and who wants that?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.