Author Topic: Wii U Impressions  (Read 1007 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Wii U Impressions
« on: June 08, 2011, 03:12:58 AM »

How was that Zelda video? Simply put, it was sublime.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/impressions/26661

There were two HD video demos of the Wii U that showed off the graphical quality of the system and the way you can interact with your TV using the touch screen and the controller.

The first one, featuring Link fighting a Gohma-like spider, was stunning. While I doubt it is a real game title, it was awesome seeing Link with such visual fidelity.

The controller was used to interact with the TV. You could change the time of day and camera angle at the press of a button with no delay. You could also bring up a map, which was displayed on the touch screen, on the TV. It was a smooth interface, and shows off how the Wii U controller could be used for something like Netflix.

The second demo, dubbed Japanese Garden Tech Demo, was the same Kyoto demo shown at the press conference. It's simply beautiful. You can use the Circle Pads to manuipulate the camera. While not as stunning as Zelda, this video was a showcase for the system's graphical potential. It might not necessarily be light years beyond PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, but at least it competes with them.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wii U Impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:05:31 AM »
I'll only except Lightyears :P.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.