Author Topic: Nintendo, 2d platformers, evil Colonel Sanders Spiders, what's not to like?  (Read 30238 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
PETA also directly funds and supports the Animal Liberation Front (or is it Group) that is actually a terrorist group that believes it is ok to bomb corporations and use violence to protect and save animals and the environment.

Offline jasonditz

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
As a pacifist I'm certainly not comfortable with their willingness to use violence to advance their agenda, but again that's true of way more than 99% of the population. I see no reason they should be singled out for any unique hate that mankind at large doesn't have coming to him.

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: jasonditz
As a pacifist I'm certainly not comfortable with their willingness to use violence to advance their agenda, but again that's true of way more than 99% of the population. I see no reason they should be singled out for any unique hate that mankind at large doesn't have coming to him.

Excuse me, but while it's true that 99% of people aren't perfect, that doesn't mean that it's normal for people to adopt animals, kill them and drop them off in dumpsters.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
The problem with PETA is that it is redundant.  There already existed a body for the protection of animals when they formed.  It's called the Humane Society of the United States, and they are the ones with real vision and real results, while PETA acts like a bunch of terrorists sometimes.

They also have a confused message in which they deride animal shelters, but ADOPT and then KILL animals for some reason that has not been made clear.

In fact, here's a picture of some of them.  Yes those are kittens.  They are the very monsters they claim to fight.  
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
I don't think the issue against Peta is that they use violence and are terrible people.  I think the issue against Peta is that they claim to be morally superior to anyone who so much as thinks about killing an animal (say, to eat it or something), meanwhile they do things that most "normal" people would consider to be pretty horrible.

I remember seeing a Peta pamphlet once that was 'marketed' toward children about how your daddy is a killer because he fishes and eats the fish and that you should keep your puppies and kittens away from daddy because you never know when his need to kill might kick in.

Direct from Peta's FishingHurts.com website: http://www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf

Apparently, there's another one, about Mommy being a killer.

"Keep your doggie or kitty friends away from mommy-she's an animal killer!"
http://www.furisdead.com/pdfs/mommykills.pdf  
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
"The true point is to make the inside of KFC look disgusting to anyone who plays, so that when he or she thinks of KFC, he/she things of a dirty, greasy, rat and bug filled restaurant."

Well that is already kind of what I think of when I think of KFC.  This one location in Abbotsford anyway.

I don't like PETA because they're extremists.  It's really that simple.  Plus I like eating meat and having a pet and don't see ethical issues with either.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
On another note, why don't they protest carnivorous animals?  After all, if they see animals and people as equals, and people kill animals and animals kill animals, shouldn't they be angry at the animals, too?

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
    • View Profile
"On another note, why don't they protest carnivorous animals?"

Because that would just expose the huge flaw in their ideology of course.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
This is necessary.  This is necessary.

Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on........
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

Excuse me, but while it's true that 99% of people aren't perfect, that doesn't mean that it's normal for people to adopt animals, kill them and drop them off in dumpsters.

No, but its always something, isn't it?

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
What?   You're making no sense, now.  Do you at least see what we're saying here?  That PETA does horrible things, more often than not, much more grotesque than the things they protest?

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile
PETA is a pure Evil group. End of Story don't even try to make them out to be anything less.
I highly recommend watching the first episode of season two of Bullshit. Everything you need to know about PETA is in that.

The people who run PETA have a very warped sense of reality, They support killing people, and setting off bombs at research labs and people's homes, They are nothing less then a group of terrorist.
As its been said already once, they will kill poor animals just because they feel that animals are better off dead then in the care of people.
They see Chicken farms as being worst then the Holocaust. Seriously they had a set of ads that compared the two. What sicko sees chickens been in the same boat as the Jewish people?

I think its highly unlikely Nintendo has any connection with PETA, they are to dirty of a group to be even remotely connected with.
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
I have no idea how you guys can build up this much rage in a thread about a flash-based 2D platformer with chickens in it. Its fascinating though.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
We know about the organization responsible for the flash-based 2D platformer.  Do you not understand what we're telling you about PETA, here?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile
Far be it from me to not defer to the Penn and Teller crowd on who is worth hating... I'm just saying PETA's hypocrisy and violence seem pretty much par for the course in the modern era.

Offline UERD

• View Profile
Yeah, but that doesn't excuse them. If everyone around you suddenly decided that babies were an acceptable form of cuisine, would you join in?
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
I think you have some delusions about people and humanity.  I seriously think you need to consider seeing a psycologist, guidance counselor, or someone like that, and just talking to them for a little while.

Also, I've only watched that one episode of Penn and Teller, believe it or not.  Are you a member/sympathizer of PETA?

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: UERD
Yeah, but that doesn't excuse them. If everyone around you suddenly decided that babies were an acceptable form of cuisine, would you join in?

Of course... I just find it fascinating that people can work up so much PETA hate in such short order...  

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: UERD

Of course... I just find it fascinating that people can work up so much PETA hate in such short order...  

Offline UERD

• View Profile
To be honest, I was a little surprised as well.
"I'm looking for shrunken heads w/ DVD playback options. I figure I can hang them in my car like dice. Will you help me?"
- thatguy

"Can you shoot out customizable fireballs? Then why should your Mii be able to?"
- vudu

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: thatguy
I think you have some delusions about people and humanity.  I seriously think you need to consider seeing a psycologist, guidance counselor, or someone like that, and just talking to them for a little while.

Also, I've only watched that one episode of Penn and Teller, believe it or not.  Are you a member/sympathizer of PETA?

I wouldn't have stayed away from the site so long if I'd known it could be so entertaining:

It took just 27 hours between me linking a flash app of a 2D platformer with Mario characters in it, on a Nintendo-themed forum mind you, to the suggestion that I should see a psycologist (sic) on the basis of my insufficient hatred for the guys who made the flash app.

Lord help me, I did not see that coming.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
    • View Profile

I'm just saying PETA's hypocrisy and violence seem pretty much par for the course in the modern era.

Your kidding right? I guess it's on par if your comparing them to Al-Qaeda. =/
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline Sir_Stabbalot

• View Profile

Just as a question, why do you seem to think humanity is evil? Sure we're not fully perfect, but we aren't fully evil, either. Looking at only the bad is just as bad as looking at only the good. There's a lot of gray in between, and men can be heroes just as often as they can be villains.

And as for the PETA hate, as shown already in this thread, it's pretty obvious that PETA is insane.
"I am going away, but the State will always remain" - Louis XIV, on his deathbed.

"Chimps are like fine wine: I drink them both." - A friend of a friend of mine.

Offline jasonditz

• View Profile

Originally posted by: Sir_Stabbalot

Just as a question, why do you seem to think humanity is evil? Sure we're not fully perfect, but we aren't fully evil, either. Looking at only the bad is just as bad as looking at only the good. There's a lot of gray in between, and men can be heroes just as often as they can be villains.

And as for the PETA hate, as shown already in this thread, it's pretty obvious that PETA is insane.

If only you could reconcile those two paragraphs with one another...

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Just because there's one group of people who are insane doesn't mean everyone is.  That's why I think you need a little bit of therapy.  That's the kind of thinking it takes to destroy yourself from the inside-out.