Author Topic: Mafia LXII: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Old Feuds. Day 1. Meet the neighbors!  (Read 20041 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
The Misadventures of Shangri-La

Chapter 1 - Raccoons on the Run!

TO THE TOWN OF SHANGRI-LA!

A place of beauty, peace and harmony. Aside from all the past history of corruption and feuding that will soon play a large part in destroying this idyllic paradise setting.

As Mayor Khushrenada awoke to begin the day, he was surprised to get news from his secretary Isabelle telling him that there were 30 new villagers in town for him to meet. How was this possible? Hadn't he made his intentions clear that he was going to break the Nook monopoly. Why would Tom Noon suddenly invest in making more houses for villagers with the potential that he would never get his money back? Khushrenada went to investigate.

This could be trouble......

Hurrying over to the celebrations happening for the opening of the new police station, Mayor Khushrenada gave an impassioned speech for the villagers to rise up and storm Nook Homes and throw off the economic burden he has imposed on them all for too long. With the crowd in a frenzy, they grabbed some torches and pitchforks and prepared to storm Nook Homes.

The villagers marched on Nook Homes only to find it closed which was odd. Nook Homes was never closed at this time of day. Storming it, they discovered it empty with Tom Nook nowhere to be found. Maybe he's hiding out at the T & T Marketplace, suggested someone and the mob then marched over there to storm and torch it. However, it was also closed. Breaking in, they discoved the place empty with no one inside or any merchandise around. The only things left were some empty costume boxes in the stockroom.

"What do you think this means?" asked Booker.

Mulling it over, the answer dawns on Mayor Khushrenada along with a realization of the dreadful consequences it entails. "Tom Nook and his cronies have disguised themselves using these costumes. That is why there are so many new villagers in town. It is so that they can blend in unnoticed along with all the new faces. They knew we were coming," Mayor Khushrenada explained.

Mayor Khushrenada quickly orders Porter to close the gates to make sure they don't escape as well as to keep anymore new villagers from coming in to confuse the situation and allowing the Nook clan to change disguises and keep hiding.

With that, notices were posted on the bulletin board and letters were sent to all villagers to apprise them of the situation. These notices advised all citizens to keep an eye out on their neighbors and report any suspicious activity to City Hall where there would be a brief non-trial and the accused would be killed to be safe. In the meantime, to keep Tom Nook from having an advantage and being able to spot his enemies, Mayor Khushrenada enacted a Villager Task Force Town Ordinance to help weed out the Nook Mafia. It was to be composed of Booker, Dr. Shrunk and Phineas. They were to conduct their manhunt for the Nook Mafia undercover by also disguising themselves like other villagers to blend in with the crowd and keep Tom Nook from being able to target them easily.

With that accomplished, Mayor Khushrenada sat back and waited for the results of this new law to come in. Maybe he should go and collect some seashells while he waited. Yes, that sounded like the best use of his time now. Off he went to the beach unaware of the other sinister forces also preparing to act in this newly created chaos......
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:23:56 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXII: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Old Feuds. Day 1.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 03:09:18 AM »
Bulletin Board

In this thread, you can post as your character pretending to live their life in this town filled with dangerous other characters or other such fun frivolities. You can vote for the person you would like to see out of the game that you think might be mafia or a killer. Of course, with day 1, you have little to go on so you will have to be very keen to find suspicious behavior. Think what you would do if you were a guilty party as someone may be acting that very way. You can make any accusations you want and change you vote however many times you want.

But voting ends at Midnight Eastern Standard Time. The thread will be locked and all votes locked in at that time is how they will be counted.

Also, there is no lack of participation penalty. If a player doesn't want to post a single thing or use his ability from now until the game has ended, I will do nothing to eliminate that player or remove them from the game. I leave that in the players hands to resolve.

I'll make sure you stay up to date with more news as required.

Your Animal Crossing Comic of the Day:

Today's K.K. Theme Song is: K.K. Jongara

Today is all about getting to know your neighbors.

How well is up to you....

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:24:57 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 03:27:26 AM »
Hello everyone! Welcome to Shampoodle! The FABULOOOOUUUS salon where we can put a smile on that face!

I have a few questions to ask you before I get started.

Why so serious?
Why so serious?
Why so seriooooooooous!
Let's be fabuloooooooous!

Hmm. Now tell me sugars, when do you want your style to REALLY stay alive?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 03:39:57 AM »
Man, I just moved into this dump.  Back in my town, far away...you wouldn't know where.  Nobody ever knows where.  Why, we had a more dignified way of doing things.  People slowed down.  People knew each other.  Helped each other.  You young'uns just don't understand.

What do you mean I'm young?  I don't know what your getting at, but people used to respect their elders.  They used to say "Yes, sir.  No, sir.  Yes, Ma'am.  No, Ma'am."  None of this talking back. 

Bah, now there seems to be organized crime in this here city too.  Bah, I say.  Where I came from people didn't commit crime.  Nope.  We helped each other.  And none of this pussy footing around...maybe I would help you move for a few hours for a pizza.  I mean build a house kinda help.  I mean build a fence and paint it.  Bah...Young'uns.  You are all the same.

unVote ClexYoshi   Somebody stole my hoe the other day...and I think it was you.

Vote: RedBlue did you steal my hoe?  Did you?  If so I want it back.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:27:24 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 05:25:43 AM »
who... WHO?! n-no! I couldn't even imagine such a thing, good sir! never! I'm merely a museum curator, attempting to curate a very empty museum...! of course, I'm always happy to accept donations at any time! I suppose... at the same time though, I am thankful for the lack of donations. The local ruffians would most certainly deface the art, tug on the wishbones of the fossils, or... dare I say, let all the insects loose!

Hoo! I-I can't imagine what I would do if there was so many of the creepy, crawly insectoids and arachnids let loose within the pristine halls of my home...! I mean, I find them interesting, but I simply cannot stand to observe their behavior unless their is a thick sheet of bullet-proof and reinforced glass between myself and the tiny, monstrous things!

regardless, no, good sir. I posses no garden in front of the museum unto which I would require the use of a hoe... unless... Oh! dear heavens! are you perhaps referring to the recent and emerging slang for...! H-how absolutely uncouth! uncivilized! underhanded! I will let you know that I am h-happily in a relationship and require no such services!

I must digress, however. There is no point in pointing the feather of blame for any of the museum's recent mishaps. The hoodlums throwing bricks in the windows tend to do so in broad daylight! The authorities have been no help, so I will attempt to stay awake during the waking day before coming to my conclusion on whom to vote for...!

... but perhaps a nap is in order first. Regardless, I do hope that Shangri'la becomes a more peaceful place where culture may bloom and knowledge proliferate much the same way mussels and other coral formations tend to spread around a new object that happens to have come to rest at the bottom of the ocean~!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:23:27 AM »
I see.  Well, a museum curator might have need for a fine hoe like mine.  It was hand crafted over the generations handed down through my family.  These so called tools of today are all garbage.  They break unless you just happen to be rich enough for a golden tool.  Back in my day everything was made to last.  And we didn't collect nothing.  There was 2-3 models of anything you ever wanted.  And you didn't complain.  In fact I have been seeing several people eyeing my collections of antiques. 

Why my grand-Pappy told me nobody is quite sure how old these tools are.  They were hand carved and loving crafted from the finest materials.  Petrified bones and petrified rock.  Come to think of it…it does seem to heavy for a weak old bird like you to move. 

Why I think you should be hitting the gym more.  Men aren't supposed to look like pretty girls.  No-sir-ee Bob.

Why I will change my vote, by I got my horns on you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 09:37:51 AM »
Obviously, everyone who's posted already is mafia.  That much is pretty clear.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 10:38:45 AM »
Hey you…

It’s your old pal Resetti, from the reset intervention bureau.  Hey don’t be rollin your eyes, givin’ me that “Here we go again” death stare… I’m not here about you cheetin or nothing….

YET!!!

Actually we lost funding for the reset intervention bureau recently as someone has the mayor’s office by the "bells",  and it seems like everything is going to dirt.  Not that dirt is a bad thing mind you… but it don’t take a mole to see that somethings’ ain’t right…

I mean lots a folks just not gettin into the spirit of the town you know...  It's a real shame, I mean its a game have some fun...

Luckily the bureau’s warning system is still workin' so I’m going to keep doing some diggin’ trying to find out what’s goin' on around here, but if you start any shenanigans I’m gonna know and tunnel right back here and lay down some knowledge.  Also quit all that hoe’n it wreaks havoc with the tunnels down here gettin dirt everywhere. 

Well time to get some caffeinated beverage to start my morning.

Oh yeah, one last thing...

People don't drink "expresso." It's "espresso." "Expresso" ain't even a thing! Don't ya forget it!
Now SCRAM!

VOTE INSANOLORD

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:42 AM »
I'm hungry... does anyone want to get me a peach? Oh what's this? there's a fruit tree 3 feet from me I can shake to get some peaches? 'Yeah buddy'.  Well screw you, if you don't want to get me a peach I'll find someone else who will 'yeah buddy'.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 11:41:19 AM »
The FAQ thread now has all roles and their abilities listed. If you have a role and wonder what it can do, that will outline it for you. As well, if you are curious about any other role or how it works, you can use that as a reference. I'll be posting more info in there about general game questions.

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 11:51:13 AM »
Oh hi...What do you mean we've never met? I'm T-Bone! Here, take this, I found it in the garbage!

vote shyguy (placeholder vote, but for now, vendetta!)

Edit: Change my avatar please?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:52:53 AM by Toruresu »
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 12:05:12 PM »
I'm going to vote insanolord because I don't like mysterious floating soccer logos clogging up our fine town 'yeah buddy'

How's that for karma

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 12:12:13 PM »
If only Steve Martin was in Animal Crossing. Oh, the trials and tribulations of life.

Hooray for Day 1! Let the random voting commence.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 12:19:47 PM »
Gah! What's with all this stupid racket? Bad enough I'm forced to live in this third-rate dump, now I have to put up with all this stupid blather to boot. I'm using six tentacles to block my ears, AND I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!!! Can I vote everyone? Because I would really like to vote everyone.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »
Gah! What's with all this stupid racket? Bad enough I'm forced to live in this third-rate dump, now I have to put up with all this stupid blather to boot. I'm using six tentacles to block my ears, AND I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!!! Can I vote everyone? Because I would really like to vote everyone.
Just get me a damn peach and I'll shut up 'yeah buddy'

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 01:04:49 PM »
Just get me a damn peach and I'll shut up 'yeah buddy'

I got your peach right here, pal!!!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 01:26:13 PM »
Bonjours, mes amis. It is I, Jacques. My zest for life, ma joie de vivre, knows no bounds. That is why I love catching ze bugs. After I catch them, I kill zem and then display zem in my garden. Ah, I love life!
What? Give ze bugs I catch to the museum? Mais, non, sacre bleu! I am not ze mayor, you know!

You have probably seen me wandering around with my bug net. But it is getting tres dangereuse in this old town lately. Shady characters, offering to "protect" me in case an "unfortunate accident" should happen to me or ma famille. Very odd since, ze bug catching, she is not, how you say, inherently dangeruese, non?

But I will keep ze watch for the shady characters, I will. You cannot fool ol' Jacques.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 02:39:42 PM »
Gah! What's with all this stupid racket? Bad enough I'm forced to live in this third-rate dump, now I have to put up with all this stupid blather to boot. I'm using six tentacles to block my ears, AND I CAN STILL HEAR YOU!!!

zzz.... zzzz..... zzzz.... ZNNRK! Hoo? Hooo! oh dear! I seem to have slept... *yaaawn* ... a tad bit too long...! Allow me to extend my deepest gratitude to you, Octavian! It does send a figurative jolt to my cerebellum hearing my name spoken with such bravado! Really!

... It seems that I have once again, I missed the vagrant who has been vandalizing the museum property! this time they left this most detestable pattern in the lawn outside the broken window! All it seems to be is the words "GIT GUD" in big, bold, red marker! who would dare even -USE- such bad grammar to describe one's lack of skill! There is only one man-child I know who is so immature...!

Vote Crimm!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 02:42:21 PM »
Hey, Hopper here, I think everyone needs to chill out, slushie. All of this energy is making me grumpy. Relax, go fishing, take a nap, drink a Mocha. I think I might just take a nap.

Vote Mop it up because, you know, she always wakes me from my naps. And I always vote Mop it up day one, to steal her thunder, slushie.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »

Well time to get some caffeinated beverage to start my morning.

Oh yeah, one last thing...

People don't drink "expresso." It's "espresso." "Expresso" ain't even a thing! Don't ya forget it!
Now SCRAM!

VOTE INSANOLORD

P'raps ye don't be knowin' this, but good coffee be best enjoyed with a few slices o' cucumber.
Gouge away.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 02:55:11 PM »

P'raps ye don't be knowin' this, but good coffee be best enjoyed with a few slices o' cucumber.

I'm more of a root vegetable mole myself... though I may give it a try as my doctors' been tellin' me to lower my blood-pressure or my head might explode so some nice cool greens might help cuz the deep breating exercises don't seem to be doing the trick... I just end up with a mouth full o' dust.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »
Sorry to be late, was busy lifting a few heavy things in my epic exercise room and lost track of time, honk! 
What have I missed?

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »
zzznngh... hoo... donation box is still empty... Regardless, I would like to enjoy such cuisine such as cucumbers, but owls have trouble metabolizing plant matter! I do usually avoid insect based nourishment, as the idea of having a grasshopper hopping around inside me is... well, quite unsettling! I will say though that a fellow by the name of Gulliver has gotten me quite into enjoying the cuisine of the sea! I am especially fond of Crustaceans, particularly from the Nephropidae family! I particularly relish their steamed tails, dipped in a butter and garlic mixture! I don't even leave any unpleasant owl pellets behind after dinner! Ohohohohohoho! Now... if you'll excuse me, I have to... *yaaawn* get back to scrubbing this grafitti off the museum... nnnzzz... zzz...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »
Why I can not believe the ignorance rampant in this town.  Why would hoodlums speak first.  It's preposterous!!!  Now I am quite sure some people of malign intent have responded to this threat early on today.  But to accuse everyone of that just shows people have not studied the books.  Paid attention to the details. No sir'ee bob. 

Now back in my day people would pour over every single detail of a post.  This one lad would try to talk to everyone involved and form these so called alliances.  Sure I remember them all going down into a fiery disaster, but sometimes…sometimes it worked.

I think I shall take a stroll and see what I can find.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 06:28:42 PM »
Well, I got's to be sailin' 'ome fellers and ladies. It be a different time-zone o'er on that there island, and ol' Kapp'n ain't as spry as he once was.

A'fore I leave though, I'll leave ya with a little shanty I picked up on me travels.

"When ya wanna impress a young women,
forget the oil and the rubbin',
Just stick out your chest, give your pecks a quick flex,
and then place your vote for Clex"

Vote ClexYoshi

Sorry Old Timer, but ol' Kapp'n here ain't got time to spend on this here beech thinkin' on who to vote for. Have a Cucumber for your trouble.
Gouge away.