Author Topic: Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons  (Read 37125 times)

Offline almondblight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2004, 05:20:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Urkel

Oh, and want to know something really weird? PGC wasn't the only site that posted the news at 3:33. Gamerfeed did too. Mantorok is watching...

I should point out that the the odds of that happening naturally are 1 in 720.  Though planetgamecube is the only one claiming it to be a coincidence.  

Offline Kasceis

• Larger than Life Living Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2004, 06:40:02 AM »
"To think, that once I could not see beyond the veils of reality, to see those who dwell behind....I was once a fool. "
~\_-I am the-_/~
~\_-UnderRated-_/~
 ~\_-All Forgotton-_/~
  ~\_-Kids who made it-_/~

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2004, 07:22:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Mario

Matt responds: Silicon Knights and Nintendo have ended their exclusive second-party relationship and the developer of Eternal Darkness will make games for other platforms.

So Silicon Knights are no longer second party, they are first party, and they are now developing for GBA/DS/N5 as well.

Zounds!  I say, Holmes, you've cracked the case!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2004, 08:12:37 AM »
yeah i find it weird.....Denis Dyack always talked about the industry in a way that basically stated that because the future of this industry is mainstream gaming the industry is going to be utter hell with the exception of Nintendo which is pure as gold. He would completly talk trash about other systems and would publicly criticise everyone but Nintendo. Alot of the times he would talk about how Nintendo are the true professionals who know how to make the best games. He would refer to Miyamoto as Sacrates. If he were to do something liek jump ship then he of course is going to be the msot hated guy in the industry. Because everything he said in the last two years would be lies...and also he would by his own words fall into the category of a sell out. If he is jumping ship we could draw a comparison between him and his own character Pious Agustus who was indeed drawn to power and was overwhelmed by it.  
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2004, 09:47:12 AM »
well, maybe its just the fact that everything is ruled by the almighty dollar.  i don't blame him, if so, i mean everyone needs to eat.  sucks but hey... that's capitalism.
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline stinkypete

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2004, 10:29:12 AM »
Well, SK becoming 1st party does make some sense, as Nintendo recently announced the creation of an aquisition/merger found some time ago:
http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1562480,00.asp

The article speculates it's about hardware technologies, but it could be about game development too.

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2004, 01:17:23 PM »

Originally posted by: almondblight

Originally posted by: Urkel

Oh, and want to know something really weird? PGC wasn't the only site that posted the news at 3:33. Gamerfeed did too. Mantorok is watching...

I should point out that the the odds of that happening naturally are 1 in 720.  Though planetgamecube is the only one claiming it to be a coincidence.

Perhaps SK was the one who released it as a press release at 3:33. That would explain why two sites would have it at the same time. Maybe it's just a last farewell to the series they created. If this news is true, and Eternal Darkness does belong to Nintendo, then they are giving it one last tribute.  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2004, 01:25:28 PM »
The time that registers on the site is the time the news is posted...So that theory is out...

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2004, 02:01:37 PM »
What will you do, Bill, if this news turns out to be true? You only seem to own Nintendo systems, or am I wrong?  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2004, 02:04:27 PM »

What will you do, Bill, if this news turns out to be true? You only seem to own Nintendo systems, or am I wrong?

He'll kill himself. Honestly, what do you EXPECT him to do? It's not as big a deal as a lot of you are making it out to be.  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2004, 02:06:51 PM »
This news does make the possibility of ED2 even more remote. I know that if the saga of Eternal Darkness is not continued.....then I'll make some poorly written fan fiction!

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2004, 02:23:52 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

He'll kill himself. Honestly, what do you EXPECT him to do? It's not as big a deal as a lot of you are making it out to be.

Bill seems to be adamant in suggesting this news is fake. He wouldn't be doing that if he had multiple systems. Besides, I was looking forward to Too Human, and it had an uncertain future before, and now, who knows if it will even be released!  

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2004, 02:31:59 PM »

Bill seems to be adamant in suggesting this news is fake. He wouldn't be doing that if he had multiple systems.

Bill's like me- he doesn't want you jumping to conclusions. Don't put words in his mouth. Besides, I own a PS2 and plan to get an XBox soon, yet I'm just as "adamant" in trying to get people to at least consider this being a fake. Don't presume that just because we don't believe this 100% means we're pissed off we may never get to play SK games again.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2004, 02:39:28 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

Bill seems to be adamant in suggesting this news is fake. He wouldn't be doing that if he had multiple systems.

Bill's like me- he doesn't want you jumping to conclusions. Don't put words in his mouth. Besides, I own a PS2 and plan to get an XBox soon, yet I'm just as "adamant" in trying to get people to at least consider this being a fake. Don't presume that just because we don't believe this 100% means we're pissed off we may never get to play SK games again.

Ok, I see. Sorry Bill! I'm "adamant" at getting an X-Box soon anyway, and I didn't mean to imply that you and Bill were fanboys or anything like that.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Eternal Darkness 2 Marketing Tactic: Reasons
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2004, 02:48:20 PM »
Wow
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2004, 03:06:56 PM »
I'm a blind Nintendo fanboy that just happens to also own a PS2 and an Xbox...

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2004, 03:28:38 PM »
This just in:  MGS:TT sold it's 333,000th copy on the very same day this started.
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2004, 03:36:53 PM »
"This CAN'T be HAPPENING."
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »
Actually, the latest NPD numbers (assuming they're real), only say The Twin Snakes sold 122,435 units in March.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2004, 05:23:49 PM »
I was joking about the 333,000.

I was gone all weekend, and I come back to this thread. And it almost made me a believer, but i just can't see Nintendo going along with anything remotely funny or risque.  
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2004, 05:27:55 PM »
Yeah I'm starting to feel the same way as Omen, especially after the response I got when I emailed them. although the wierd thing was, the representative didn't know the details. Usually when I write them they say that the details have not yet been announced and garbage, this time they actually haven't told their representatives.

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2004, 05:31:56 PM »

Yeah I'm starting to feel the same way as Omen, especially after the response I got when I emailed them. although the wierd thing was, the representative didn't know the details. Usually when I write them they say that the details have not yet been announced and garbage, this time they actually haven't told their representatives

Now that makes me think it is a prank.  When will I learn?  

Offline the_zombie_luke

• Baron of Game On
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2004, 05:40:30 PM »

Originally posted by: PaleZer0
Wow

It's just a smiley Besides, I know when to admit I'm wrong.  

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2004, 06:24:37 PM »
it's probably because both companies are working out the details of the split, for example, property/intellectual rights.  they could also be working out plans for future endeavours    
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2004, 06:43:03 PM »
it still doesnt really give denis the excuse to jump the gun and annouce somethin like that when the details havent been worked out.  Also his choice of lettin out that info is questionable.  He decided to drop that bomb on the internet knowin that he was goin to cause a huge uproar on the boards with the fans.  He seems like he cares about his fanbase and nintendo's fanbase so I dont see why he wouldnt just wait till all the details were worked out so the blow could be a least a bit softened up if it were given with lets say, comfermation that they'll still be workin together and announce some future games that are still in developement.  But instead he just comes online and drops this nasty ass bomb.  All I can think of is that he knew what he was doin when he announced this early and something is strange about all this.