Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Releasing in North America on October 24  (Read 5016 times)

Offline CurtDogg

• Staff Writer, Twitch Streamer
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Bayonetta 2 Releasing in North America on October 24
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:39:41 AM »

Europe still without an exact date.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/38401/bayonetta-2-releasing-in-north-america-on-october-24

Nintendo has announced that Bayonetta 2 will finally see release in North America on October 24.

"The game features over-the-top battles with wild weapons that take place in gorgeous set pieces" the press release states. "A new snake transformation lets Bayonetta better navigate underwater. The original Bayonetta game, complete with some Nintendo cosplay options for the powerful heroine, comes bundled with the retail packaged version of Bayonetta 2."

We have yet to learn the specific release date in Europe, but it is still planned to be released in October.

Offline WiiUIVLife

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bayonetta 2 Releasing in North America on October 24
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 10:47:12 PM »
October 24th seems to be an ideal (not to mention perfect) date for the Bayonetta 2 release.  Not only you get to play this highly anticipated sequel... but Nintendo and Platinum Games have also added a free disc of the enhanced Bayonetta HD at no additional charge.  $59.99 for a 2-for-1 deal.  I'm most DEFINITELY gonna buy it (pre-order or day 1 purchase)!  They truly earn my support 101%.

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 11:15:16 AM »
October 24th seems to be an ideal (not to mention perfect) date for the Bayonetta 2 release.  Not only you get to play this highly anticipated sequel... but Nintendo and Platinum Games have also added a free disc of the enhanced Bayonetta HD at no additional charge.  $59.99 for a 2-for-1 deal.  I'm most DEFINITELY gonna buy it (pre-order or day 1 purchase)!  They truly earn my support 101%.

not if you already have the original on PS3, what makes this version different, better or whatever? If you already have the original this is just a coaster to you not a freebie bonus. What do you mean by enhanced HD? This game was already HD on PS3 did you think this was a Wii game or something?
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 11:41:54 AM »
Bayonetta on PS3 is borked.

Until Wii U port arrives, game is basically Xbox 360 exclusive.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 03:26:57 PM »
Bayonetta on PS3 is borked.

Until Wii U port arrives, game is basically Xbox 360 exclusive.

I am not sure what you mean, I don't know what borked means and I didn't need you to google the game for me I have the fucking game so I know it is a real thing so what was your point, what were you trying to say?

Offline WiiUIVLife

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 05:29:06 PM »
not if you already have the original on PS3, what makes this version different, better or whatever? If you already have the original this is just a coaster to you not a freebie bonus. What do you mean by enhanced HD? This game was already HD on PS3 did you think this was a Wii game or something?

Welcome to NINTENDO World Report.  I had the ported Bayonetta 1 on my PS3 hard drive.  The framerate wasn't very good and has a lot of screen tearing than the Xbox 360 original.  When I said "enhanced Bayonetta HD", it's based on the Xbox 360 version--  both at 60 frames per second, except the Wii U version is presented in High Definition.  Don't flame me just because I support both Nintendo and Platinum Games.  Just relax and let it go... problem solved.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 05:49:58 PM »
Buddy, he wasn't flaming you. You're the one that needs to relax and be a little nicer. We're all friends here.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 06:10:24 PM »
Awesome. One week to play Hyrule Warriors before Smash Bros 3DS, and then 3 weeks of Smash followed by Bayonetta.

We're all friends here.

When did that happen?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 06:11:07 PM »
Platinum Games considers the PS3 port of Bayonetta to be their "biggest failure." They didn't even handle the port; it's because they decided they didn't know how to develop for PS3 and handed it off to another team who did a crummy job which ultimately reflected poorly on them. Read about it here. It's nice that they took responsibility for it. As a result, the Wii U version should be the definitive one. I'm definitely looking forward to it even though I'm not great at these kinds of games.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »
i was under the impression they patched the game and fixed the stuff people were bitching about. I don't give a **** about framerates I never even notice those it's not like I have a frame counter on my TV or anything. If the game suffers severe slowdown I notice but I been gaming since the Atari days so severe slowdown has been a part of gaming for me forever so I hardly notice it or have gotten used to it. Maybe its the younguns are just spoiled I don't know.

Wow Oblivion defending me, didn't think I would see that happen. He is right though dude I wasn't attacking you at all I was asking how it was supposed to be enhanced HD when the PS3 version was already HD. I don't read every damn blog out there I played the game a few times I didn't have any issues with it the game looked fine to me. I seem to remember my biggest complaint being the loading times but that seems to be an issue Sega never can get right.

I assumed you meant the game was like Wind Waker HD or something so I misunderstood what you were getting at so no harm okay? Anyways Why bring up pretending your a Bigger Nintendo fan than me? I asked a question obviously I support Nintendo to some extent or I wouldn't be here.

I did read up on the game after Azeke posted his comment and from what I could tell was there was a patch that fixed the things people complained about and I only got the thing a couple of months ago, which would have been long after said patch so please don't bite my head off because I didn't know what you were talking about okay. Also I bought the game before they announced it was coming to Wii U if I remember correctly that was a recent announcement so anyone who was interested in the first game most likely already has it by now anyways unless they only had a Wii last gen, which was where I assume you were coming from based on the tone of your post, which was wrong of me to jump to conclusions, fair enough so we cool?

Offline WiiUIVLife

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
Buddy, he wasn't flaming you. You're the one that needs to relax and be a little nicer. We're all friends here.

I am relaxed, Oblivion.  I was only stating about the original Bayonetta was made first on Xbox 360.  Just a friendly misunderstanding, that's all.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 07:48:23 PM »
When did that happen?

Well, I thought we were. :(

Wow Oblivion defending me, didn't think I would see that happen.

Woah woah woah, I have never held any ill will towards you. Contrary to popular belief I am a nice guy. :P

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 08:15:50 PM »

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2014, 08:29:48 PM »
Well lets not scare WiiU4life away, you gotta have thick skin and a solid sense of humor to make it around here.