Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1192885 times)

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #2950 on: September 08, 2014, 04:54:22 PM »
Man Once Upon of Time can't even keep track of its own cannon in the space of five minutes. Everyone in storybrooke with exception of Emma an Henry are sent back to the enchanted forest. The group is attacked by a Flying Monkey and despite all having lived on Earth for how many years and knowing that other dimensions and magical universes are fairy tales on earth. Despite this they don't know what Oz or a flying monkey it is until belle says she read about it in the book and it may be a wicked witch. Than they all start to fire commentary and Wizard of OZ references without previously knowing about the land.

Also if everyone in the enchanted forest are back in storybrooke in the earth timeline, than why doesn't Regina just make him a memory potion. His character is much better being a normal kid than the true believer.

Also Jennifer Morrison in a pencil skirt yum.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: September 08, 2014, 05:28:48 PM »
Any chance you can get a high res version? Trying to figure out what kind of motherboard that is, almost looks like an Xbox 360 devkit.

I don't know about a higher res, but if you open the gif in a new tab, it's much larger (full screen).

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: September 08, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
Once Upon of Time is written by the dudes who did LOST, so there's all the explanation you need right there.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

« Reply #2953 on: September 09, 2014, 12:27:37 AM »
A few weeks ago I watched Gold Rush on the History channel. I basically watched a 19 year old kid dig up over 1,000 oz. of Gold. Which equated to about 1.4 million dollars. Good Lord! School is for suckers I tell ya...
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: September 22, 2014, 12:51:33 AM »
I finally finished Fringe. I liked it though I struggled to get through the middle of season two and most of season three. I remember hearing that the show gets much better in seasons four and five. It does. In fact, I liked season five most, even though it cheats (more on that later). Fringe is one of those shows that rewards fans who closely watch the show while practically punishing everyone else. Unfortunately, I missed some things and forgot others since it took months for me to get back to binging the series to completion.

Spoilers

Fringe's writers did a decent job of tying up most of the important plot lines and answering many of the more important questions, enough that the series could wrap up without feeling unfinished (unlike Lost). Still, there was perhaps too much mystery surrounding William Bell though this may have been fallout from Leonard Nimoy semi-retiring from acting and they just didn't want to use Nimoy unless absolutely necessary. He had an end game, it was foiled, but then he's back yet not really. It seemed like the writers were forced to switch gears a few times. Semi-related: Anna Torv's impersonation of Nimoy was brutal.

The flash forward episode in season four was neat and a good set-up for season five though I find the flash forward plot device to be cheap storytelling. It's either for shock value or because the writers wrote themselves into a corner, maybe both sometimes. Being limited to 13 episodes in that last season made it feel rushed. I didn't think they would kill Henrietta off so quickly. She was my favorite character of that season.

The ending was a little unclear to me though I'm trying not to overthink it (not sure I'm succeeding). If Walter's plan was to reset time by preventing the Observers from being made in the future (so they don't travel to the past and **** us up in 2015), wouldn't that mean Peter wouldn't exist in the main universe? He dies in the main universe and the only reason Walter steals the alternate universe's Peter is because September distracts Walternate right as he was supposed to discover the cure. Even if that still happens, Walter and Peter would have fell through the ice and Peter would have drowned in the lake after crossing over which is the catalyst for season four. In fact, Peter was so integral to everything that William Bell's plan to destroy the universe and create one where he's a god probably should have happened. If you ignore all that, you can accept the happy ending for what it is. And hey, at least Henrietta lives though she probably doesn't become a super badass like she does in the Observer altered timeline.

I'm currently contemplating my next show to binge. I watched the entirety of Game of Thrones last month in less than a week. I haven't decided to do a write up for that.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: September 22, 2014, 05:05:37 AM »
Person of Interest - it's surprisingly well balanced between episodic and mythology episodes, and unlike both Lost and Fringe it's narrative can be told from that of the central character at any time, so everything can make sense.

Plus the more people that realise POI is one of the best shows america has put out in recent years (and stupidly underrated) is a bonus.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:12:30 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: September 23, 2014, 12:29:10 AM »
Gotham suffered from Pilot-itis, but has potential for future episodes.  Oy, wuts up with Aussie Alfred? Crikey!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:15 AM »
Well, from the beginning, Selena Kyle steals milk, goes to give to cats and container is almost empty.

Gordon and Bullock arrive at Pepper's House and tell the guy that they have a right to search the place. The guy bolts, jumps out the window, up the fire escape onto the roof, takes a few shots at Gordon. Gordon decides not to shoot back, down some stairs, through a kitchen, where the guy grabs a knife, and then he attempts to commit murder of Gordon using a kitchen knife....

After they found out that "Pepper" he was setup to be the fallguy, Gordon feels guilty

"We killed an innocent man"

umm... did you just forget what happened? go ahead and read what I just typed.... I'll wait....
that doesn't sound like an innocent man to me.

Hey, Penguin, you look like a penguin, penguin penguin penguin.
Don't call me that....
don't call you Penguin!? but that's your name penguin... PENGUIN!!!

Ok we get it, Cobblepot will be The Penguin. Just put a name tag on him already and shut the **** up about it.

Did they imply a lesbian releationship between Montoya and Barbara-soon-to-be-Gordon?

Joker tease and a Harley Quinn tease at Fish Mooney's?

Hi Ivy, that is your name right? Ivy? what kind of plants are those you watering over there Ivy?
are they poisonous? Are they poisonous Ivy? huh?

and the face came running scene... WTF were they thinking? how did that pass focus group testing?
That was so off putting and out of place. it was terrible.

But over all it wasn't terrible. It was interesting and has potential going forward.
Still not sure why they didn't just do Gotham Central, as I think that would have been even better, but whatever. I'll give this a go.

oh and the girl that plays Selina Kyle is Michelle Pfieffer reborn. It's weird to look at because of all the Pfieffer in her, but she is only 15. All that make up makes her look too old for how old she looks. She simultaneously looks late 20's and early teens at the same time.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2958 on: September 23, 2014, 12:41:59 PM »
Did they imply a lesbian releationship between Montoya and Barbara-soon-to-be-Gordon?

Pretty sure Montoya is a lesbian in the comics and has/had a relationship Batwoman, so that'd be neat.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: September 23, 2014, 01:02:53 PM »
They didn't just imply it. Montoya is a lesbein in the comics and her main plot lines include two face becoming obsessed with her and outing her, her relationship with Kate Kane, and being trained by Vic Sage and taking over the role of the question after he dies.

Its also to put a starin of their relationship and make Gordan seem like less of a dick once he starts cheating on her with Essex. (The Captain who stuck bullock with Gordan.). Which is funny because in the comics Essex looks more like the actress who plays Barbara while Barbra is more average looking and worn out.

Also the cobblepot stuff wasn't that hamefisted since he had the nick name penguin before Batman shoes up info gotham.

The reason why they couldn't do gotham central is because it would lean in our cast being for the most part incompetent, since even in GC Batman saves the day most of the time.

Also Gordan isn't apart of the GCPD during Gotham Central since he quits after The Joker kills his wife during no mans land.

But yes a show that has The GCPD, the mafia, and Batman as the main focus would be far more interesting, its why Arrow not really doing more with the mob disappointed me and why I'm looking forward to daredevil.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: September 23, 2014, 05:52:42 PM »
Yeah i wasn't impressed. They need to tone down the IT'S A COMIC BOOK! feel to it.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: September 23, 2014, 07:04:34 PM »
I haven't read GC, but I heard it was the GCPD as the main focus with Batman as a background character.

I think that would be pretty crazy to see Batman (some psycho vigilante in a bat suit) play out from the perspective of the police. Where some not so secretly support his take down of the crazies in the streets, but still having a job to do and tracking down a vigilante they actually kinda support.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: September 25, 2014, 05:26:09 AM »
Yesterday would have been Phil Hartman's 66th birthday, which prompted me to figure out where all my physical media was and pull out his SNL Best Of DVD. Man, he was a just so damn good. One of the funniest people I've ever seen, a true legend. It pains me to think what kind of gems we've missed in the last 15 years because of his tragic death.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: September 25, 2014, 07:52:47 PM »
Agents of SHIELD Season2 Episode 1

Now why couldn't Season 1 have started off like this?

Dialogue wasn't cringe worthy, pacing was good, CG was actually pretty good, action was pretty decent, easter eggs/connections a plenty, a pretty good twist, a great villian (The Absorbing Man)and the only down point of the episode from where I'm sitting, was the shootout at the end.

not sure how they miss from that close, military trained and with automatic weapons with targets out in the open. but I'm willing to overlook that since everything else was on the level.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: September 26, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
AOS season 1 was pretty bad. In the beginning it felt like an advertisement for The Avengers movie with the number of time they talked about "New York". The villain was a waste of oxygen. Two of the cast had no chemistry and the characters of plywood. There were side characters more interesting them them that died.

But the show got saved by one man and it wasn't Nick Fury. Also they thankfully didn't go all LOST and Heroes on everybody by answering some fucking questions along with some nice action to close off the season with.

The new Season of Dr Who starting off with a pretty weak story, but the new Doctor is pretty damn good, much better than Matt Smith. He is rude without using expletives, has enough personality to out shine his companion which was a strange issue to have back with Matt with Karen being by far the more interesting and likeable. Clara is still a mixed bag so far by the writers forcing focus on her instead letting it shift more naturally back and forth.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: September 26, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
I like the new Doctor a good bit.  His episodes are feeling more traditional Doctor Who.  I still think the First 2 should have probably been jettison out of an air lock.  The BBC specifically said that they didn't want to see Dalek and Cybermen episodes but, supposedly that episodes was just too good to not do.  I think we would have all been better off if it was not done.

You know what else those 2 episode have in common is that end with that lady.  I don't care or want to care what that plot is if the episodes we get without it are just that much better.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: September 26, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »
AOS season 1 was pretty bad. In the beginning it felt like an advertisement for The Avengers movie with the number of time they talked about "New York". The villain was a waste of oxygen. Two of the cast had no chemistry and the characters of plywood. There were side characters more interesting them them that died.

But the show got saved by one man and it wasn't Nick Fury. Also they thankfully didn't go all LOST and Heroes on everybody by answering some fucking questions along with some nice action to close off the season with.

I can't excuse teh terribleness of the 1st half of s1, but the Cap 2 tie in and onwards was good.
it was almost like a different show. There were a few decent episodes in the first half, but all the breaks and filler in every early episode really hurt the show.

Season 2 has started off good, and the preview for the next episode also looks good.

AoS, Arrow & The Flash could all be quality comicbook TV this season.

jury is still out on Gotham, and I wasn't impressed with the pilot of Constantine.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: September 28, 2014, 10:15:43 AM »
AOS season 2 has starting with a pretty good bang with good twists and turns. Skye has changed so much for the better that I didn't recognise her for the first quarter of the episode. Other characters have changed too, some with tragic consequences. It's not like a different show, it is a different show, a better show.

The first 2 episodes of new Who were meh, but the 3rd and 4th are real meaty.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: September 30, 2014, 12:40:34 AM »
Gotham S1E2 was an improvement, although the villians were a bit cheesy. Bruce is crazy like he should be. Guy Ritchie Alfred needs to know his place though, RESPECT YOUH BETTAHS.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: September 30, 2014, 01:34:28 AM »
I enjoyed Gotham. It's still on probation, but I think I'm in for the 13(?) episode run if it continues on at this level.
I'm waiting for the Mayor to introduce us to his Nephew (sisters son) named Harvey who aspires to enter politics like his uncle.

edit: This season on Gotham. *mild spoilers ahead*
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:12:16 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: September 30, 2014, 01:18:21 PM »
I may be late, but that TMNT season finale was incredible.

And Last Week Tonight continues to be my favorite new show on television.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: September 30, 2014, 06:17:21 PM »
John Oliver and the rest of the people that work on that show are awesome.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2972 on: September 30, 2014, 11:09:12 PM »
TMNT was really excellent this year. 

The new Doctor Who I have watched all the episodes and I have to say, I love the new Doctor.  I grew to hate Matt Smith, as the Doctor.  He overacted and over delivered...and his story arcs became bigger and more convoluted as each of his seasons continued...to the point that the last episode was like a fan fiction. 

This new Doctor feels like classic Doctor Who and more like the Davies seasons, which many people complain, but I believer were far better seasons.  I can't wait for the eventual change in show runners though, because I am tired of Moffat's Who...and I want to see what someone else can do.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: September 30, 2014, 11:15:46 PM »
All things considered, Beware the Batman ended on a high note.  If the series had been this good (comparatively) to start with, it might have had a chance of lasting longer.  The introduction of Deathstroke was a nice touch - and they did a great job changing Anarchy from "not-the-Joker-but-still-the-Joker" to an Anti-Batman.

Curious what the next animated Batman will bring.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2974 on: September 30, 2014, 11:20:23 PM »
Quality, hopefully.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.