Author Topic: Sequel To Breath Of The Wild Coming In 2022  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Sequel To Breath Of The Wild Coming In 2022
« on: June 15, 2021, 08:41:00 AM »

Did Link just jump through the ceiling?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/57537/sequel-to-breath-of-the-wild-coming-in-2022

The still-unnamed sequel to Breath of the Wild is going to take to the skies - next year.

The last item in today's Nintendo Direct was the first footage of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's followup. Gameplay footage involved Link flying through the sky, using a flamethrower, and leaping into a ceiling.

At the end, a title card confirmed only a "2022" release date.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Sequel To Breath Of The Wild Coming In 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 01:34:56 PM »
Sure, combine the 2 worst Zelda games (Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild). Why not at this point?  :rolleyes:
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 02:51:25 PM »
What I loved about Breath of the Wild was the big wide open world to explore.  Exploration is my favourite element of Zelda games and that was like the whole point of that game.

One thing I really did not like about Skyward Sword was how the world was broken up into chunks.  If you're going to do that you might as well have separate levels like I'm playing Mario Galaxy.

So those elements seem completely contradictory.  How do you have the exploration gameplay of Breath of the Wild if you're using Skyward Sword's bite size chunks?  I'm still excited about Breath of the Wild 2 but this is the first thing announced about it that makes me slightly concerned.

Skyward Sword is pretty crappy in a lot of ways and Nintendo has incredibly poor self-awareness if they're going to mine it for ideas.  If Fi showed up in that trailer it would have blown up the internet, in the bad way.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 04:50:43 PM »
What I loved about Breath of the Wild was the big wide open world to explore.  Exploration is my favourite element of Zelda games and that was like the whole point of that game.

One thing I really did not like about Skyward Sword was how the world was broken up into chunks.  If you're going to do that you might as well have separate levels like I'm playing Mario Galaxy.

So those elements seem completely contradictory.  How do you have the exploration gameplay of Breath of the Wild if you're using Skyward Sword's bite size chunks?  I'm still excited about Breath of the Wild 2 but this is the first thing announced about it that makes me slightly concerned.

Skyward Sword is pretty crappy in a lot of ways and Nintendo has incredibly poor self-awareness if they're going to mine it for ideas.  If Fi showed up in that trailer it would have blown up the internet, in the bad way.

You do realize there can still be giant islands in the Sky?  Hyrule Castle in the first game was huge and filled with tons of secrets to discover and the trailer literally shows that place rising to the sky.  Out of all the things to worry about, lack of exploration is going to be the least.  Especially when this trailer and the one from 2019 do make it look like there's an underground of some kind to explore as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 09:45:40 AM »
To me the trailer look like an AND, not an INSTEAD OF. What I mean is it looked like the map of the original game AND floating islands in the sky to explore. There's a part of me that also thinks/(hopes?) we may be able to explore underground (based on some of the cinematics). I'm just excited about this. 100%. Not worried.