Author Topic: Mario Party Superstars Draws From Past Mario Parties And Features Online  (Read 8851 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile

Coming October 29 with button controls!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/57526/mario-party-superstars-draws-from-past-mario-parties-and-features-online

Nintendo announced Mario Party Superstars today during their E3 Nintendo Direct stream. The game will draw on the franchise's entire series by including 100 minigames from past games, all with button controls. It will also include boards from past games too, and allow players to save mid-game to continue later. In a key addition, the game will support online play on the game boards!

The game is scheduled for release on October 29 of this year, and is already available for pre-order.

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I'm interested in the game, though i'm surprised that Nintendo thinks Peach's Birthday Cake was one of the best boards from the series. It's an OK board, but I actually think it's a really boring stage. Hopefully it will be more than just 5 boards (which is what they implied in the Direct), i'm worried because Super Mario Party only had 4 boards and that really limits replayability.

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I'm a big fan of the older Mario Party games, and this was a really nice announcement. It comes across as a better version of the "Top 100" from a few years ago. I'd love to see some of the GameCube games get upgrades as well, those are my favorites. Perhaps someday.
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I still have all the games, so I'm not sure if there's anything here for me, but we'll see how it turns out.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
For me it is the access to classic minigames and boards on a modern HD system with online compatibility. Super Mario Party was fine, and my nieces and nephews especially adore the game, but having a more classic experience for me and my gamer friends could be a nice companion game, though I wish it was just an add-on to the previous one so I had all of the boards and games together in one package.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast