Author Topic: Kazuya Coming to Smash Ultimate  (Read 2905 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Kazuya Coming to Smash Ultimate
« on: June 15, 2021, 08:07:00 AM »

Wow, he threw so many fighters off a cliff...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/57524/kazuya-coming-to-smash-ultimate

Kazuya is coming to Smash Bros, giving Bandai Namco's Tekken franchise representation in Nintendo's fighting series. The first video Nintendo played showed Kazuya dramatically dropping the bodies of his defeated opponents off a cliff into an ominous river of lava. (Notable, when Kazuya drops Kirby off the cliff, the pink creampuff merely flies away nonchalantly in the background.)

Game director Masahiro Sakurai didn't go into details about the way the new character would work in Nintendo's fighting game, but promised more to come in an upcoming presentation on June 28.

Nintendo of America later confirmed the presentation would be at 10 a.m. ET/7 a.m. PT, be roughly 40 minutes long, and would not contain any info about the final fighter of Fighters Pass 2.

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Morningshark

• Xander Morningstar Animation Junkie
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: Kazuya Coming to Smash Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 08:36:50 PM »
I haven't really followed Tekken, but expect that Sakurai and his team have put a lot of passion into making the character feel authentic. I hope Tekken fans like the character! I got a kick out of watching him transform into a giant purple dragon, because I have been rooting for Dragaux to make it to Smash. That was a fun rendered trailer!
Xander Morningstar
NWR Associate Editor and Video Producer
http://www.xandermorningstar.com