Author Topic: Arcade Archives Punch-Out Makes Weight, Releasing March 30 In Japan  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Time to give Glass Joe his 19th loss.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46801/arcade-archives-punch-out-makes-weight-releasing-march-30-in-japan

Nintendo's Arcade Archives will add its third title next week, according to a Hamster livestream.

The Arcade Archives version of Punch-Out!! has been announced for a March 30 release in Japan. Traditionally, Hamster Arcade Archives releases have released worldwide on the same date.

Punch-Out joins Mario Bros. and Vs. Super Mario Bros in the Nintendo Archives series, which announced seven games in the September 2017 Nintendo Direct. The Switch version will have 2 player support as well as the ability to play with a vertical Switch, replicating the original arcade setup.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline MASB

• "The game's afoot, Watson!" "You're standing on mine, Holmes!"
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Archives Punch-Out Makes Weight, Releasing March 30 In Japan
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:45:56 PM »
Yeah! Now we're starting to get to the meat of the announced titles. I just hope that the seven thus far announced titles do well enough that Nintendo will allow Hamster to release their really obscure arcade games.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade Archives Punch-Out Makes Weight, Releasing March 30 In Japan
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:55:44 AM »
The price is a little more than I'd like to pay, but I'm down for what will be a relatively new Punch-Out game for me.  I think I've MAYBE played this version once or twice, but it wasn't in any of my local arcades as a kid.