Author Topic: Activision Announces Spider-Man 2 for DS Launch  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Activision Announces Spider-Man 2 for DS Launch
« on: September 22, 2004, 09:45:03 AM »
The licensed title, developed by Vicarious Visions, becomes the first confirmed Nintendo DS launch title.

Activision Announces Spider-Man 2 for the Nintendo(R) DS Portable Video Game System

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI - News) announced today that the company's first title for the Nintendo® DS video game platform will be the video game Spider-Man 2(TM), which is currently the #1 best-selling movie game of 2004 according to NPD Funworld. Based on this summer's blockbuster feature film from Columbia Pictures, the Spider-Man 2 video game will be a launch title for the platform.

"We are excited about the Nintendo DS and are working closely with Nintendo to bring the Spider-Man 2 video game to this innovative new platform," said Kathy Vrabeck, president of Activision Publishing. "The nature of the dual-screen technology allows us to deliver more interactive and intuitive gameplay experiences on the hand-held than ever before."

Spider-Man 2 for the Nintendo DS is being developed by Vicarious Visions and is currently rated "E" (Everyone) by the ESRB.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Perfect Cell

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Activision Announces Spider-Man 2 for DS Launch
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 10:32:31 AM »
First Launch title... Cool i guess. I wonder how they will use the 2 screens... Hopefully more than just a map screen.  

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 12:01:22 PM »
How about a map screen that you click on to pick the next spot you'll swing from?  Just an idea....I would be happy and surprised if they come up with a really good use for the second screen.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE:Activision Announces Spider-Man 2 for DS Launch
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 12:26:46 PM »
What is exciting about this is that its a game we weren't completely expecting.  

It proves that launch games are being readied, and more will be available then we ever imagined.

Could it be that we could have 20 or more games at launch?  Perhaps even more?  Perhaps the potential of >20?

At first we thought we would be lucky to get 10 games.  Now I am very hopeful of much more.

What do I think will be available?

Ultimate Mind Games
Spiderman 2
Madden Football
Sims: The Urbz
Puyo Pop
Wario Ware
Super Mario 64*4
Super Smash Bros. DS  (just a hunch)
Super Mario Kart  (available before Jan.)
Castlevania
PacMan game

and more...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 12:37:50 PM »
How about a Rader that flashes where people are about to attack you for an advanced Spider Sense.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 02:47:08 PM »
I thought that Urbz was confirmed for launch aswell.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline joeamis

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 04:54:20 PM »

Originally posted by: Spak-Spang
How about a Rader that flashes where people are about to attack you for an advanced Spider Sense.

and it flashes too where crime is happening in the city, so you gotta swing fast to get there in time.

On the topic of launch titles, I don't think 20 is realistic, nor do I think it is a good idea because people are paying $150 for the system and they're only going to buy 1 to 2 games as well (on top of home console purchases too).  So if 20 titles are there at launch some won't sell well at all.  It will be better if they're staggered so that there are no holes in new releases throughout the weeks/months right after launch.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 10:46:31 PM »
Joe: 15 out of the 20 (maybe more) are going to suck anyway so it's five games actually competing for sales but 20 just sounds better to the uninformed.