Author Topic: Project X Zone Confirmed for North America and Europe  (Read 2771 times)

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Project X Zone Confirmed for North America and Europe
« on: January 21, 2013, 12:28:25 PM »

A bucket full of crazy is headed to the west.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33074

Project X Zone has been confirmed for a release in North America, Europe and Australia. The game is set to release for Nintendo 3DS in summer 2013, and contains characters from multiple franchises including Sega, Namco, and Capcom. In all, 29 different franchises, and over 200 characters, are represented in this strategy RPG. A co-development project between Banpresto and Monolith Soft, the game was published in Japan by Nacmo Bandai.

Despite being released in Japan last October, chances for the game to see a release in the west seemed slim due to the niche appeal of the genre. The game contains many characters that are familiar to western audiences, such as Jill Valentine, Mega Man, and Frank West, however the vast majority of the characters are much more obscure.

Check out impressions from Danny Bivens for the Japanese release of the game.

Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Project X Zone Confirmed for North America and Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 12:36:47 PM »
Cool. Provided the game is actually good, I could definitely see myself picking that up.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »
Strategy RPG with Mega man in it? Sign me up. Good to see 3DS getting some more support from third parties.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »
This game looks ridiculous in all the right ways. Surprised by this news, but pleased.
NNID: ejamer

Offline shinyray01

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 01:58:10 PM »
Great news. I'm a fan of Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier, and I hear that Project X Zones plays similar to it. Plus it has Megaman and KOS-MOS. I'll wait before pre-ordering to see if they'll offer a special/limited edition

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:05:10 PM »
Played the predecessor on PS2, can't wait to get my hands on this.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 04:00:47 PM »
I just wish it wasn't an SRPG, i.e. an RPG with all the good bits removed and the bad bits turned up to 11.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
I did not see this coming. I wonder if they're going to record a **** ton of English voice acting, or just cut it?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 05:30:46 PM »
I can't really figure out what the gameplay is like, but I may check this game out when it releases.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 07:05:28 PM »
I did not see this coming. I wonder if they're going to record a **** ton of English voice acting, or just cut it?

They've confirmed just the written text will be changed. JP voice, English subs.

Cool. Provided the game is actually good, I could definitely see myself picking that up.

Well, it *is* the only way you'll get Valkyria Chronicles 3 characters in English...
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 07:16:59 PM »

They've confirmed just the written text will be changed. JP voice, English subs.

Can you tell me where? All the news i've been able to find just mentions them localizing it, doesn't say anything about the voice acting being subbed or not.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 08:16:57 PM »
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/f6rjuv/project-x-zone-crossover-walkthrough - 8:03 mark. "Uh, the game's gonna be in Japanese, it'll have English subtitles."
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2013, 08:31:38 PM »
Where? The video is 8:03 long, and he doesn't say that at the end.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 01:44:26 AM »
Honestly, the 3DS' 2013 lineup was already amazing in my book with no less than 5 must have retail games coming out let alone all the eShop goodness (previously retail only and brand new) being released.  Then we  get this announcement...there looks to be something for everyone this year on 3DS!
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 11:55:25 AM »
Just happy to see it come west--I love my grid-based tatics games, though I wonder how well the story is told and if backgrounds are given for the 200+ roaster of characters--some of them I know but an refresher wouldn't hurt me neither.

Hopefully this game sells well enough for Capcom, Sega, and namco so we'll (NA/Europe) continue to get locialized games.  I'm still holding out hope for AA:  Miles Edgeworth 2.