Author Topic: Nintendo Direct Coming on December 5  (Read 9105 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct Coming on December 5
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 07:26:12 AM »
The game seems a lot better suited to the Wii U controller, and could be stunning in HD. If they kept Sakamoto (far, far) away from the story elements, it could be fantastic.

Well, keep him away from the gameplay as well, or he'd probably do something stupid like require the game once again be played on an NES-style Wiimote regardless of how poorly the game controlled.  Because "hey, it's just like all those ****ty games they played when they were younger, and that means it's automatically infallible!"
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:48:26 AM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 12:02:55 PM »
Watching it on my TV... thanks to the Wii U.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 12:15:30 PM »
Pikmin 3 Q2 and no mention of 101...wtf.  Those are the two games I really want the system for.  Game & Wario looks good though.  If P3 isn't hitting til Apr-Jun then I'll be less disappointed not getting one of these for xmas.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
Dang man, no Wonderful 101 or Pikmin for a while.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »
I kind of feel like the delays for Pikmin 3 are doing more harm than good. It really felt like there was a groundswell amongst fans when it was planned to be released on Wii. That enthusiasm and energy I felt was somewhat undermined when development was moved to Wii U. As time has went by my own excitement for the game has only dissipated further the longer I've had to wait.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 02:38:11 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline shinyray01

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 01:59:09 PM »
Lego Iwata should be a pre-order bonus, since chase mccain will be in a new lego city play set

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 03:16:32 PM »
I kind of feel like the delays for Pikmin 3 are doing more harm than good. It really felt like there was a groundswell amongst fans when it was planned to be released on Wii. That enthusiasm and energy I felt was somewhat undermined when development was moved to Wii U. As time has went by my own excitement for the game has only dissipated further the longer I've had to wait.

Oh give me a break.  So you'd rather have Nintendo rush out an inferior version of Pikmin 3 because you don't want to wait anymore?  This is the attitude that lead to games like Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker being rushed out before they were ready, leading to important things like levels and dungeons having to be cut, making both games suffer greatly for it.

Like Miyamoto said, a good game will eventually be released but a bad game will be bad forever.  Yeah, Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker weren't bad games and a lot of people still love both but everyone agrees they both had so much more potential that wasn't fully realized because they were rushed.  I'd rather have Pikmin 3 be able to live up to its full potential then something that people forever wonder what could have been like Sunshine and Wind Waker.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 04:44:00 PM »

Oh give me a break.  So you'd rather have Nintendo rush out an inferior version of Pikmin 3 because you don't want to wait anymore?  This is the attitude that lead to games like Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker being rushed out before they were ready, leading to important things like levels and dungeons having to be cut, making both games suffer greatly for it.

Like Miyamoto said, a good game will eventually be released but a bad game will be bad forever.  Yeah, Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker weren't bad games and a lot of people still love both but everyone agrees they both had so much more potential that wasn't fully realized because they were rushed.  I'd rather have Pikmin 3 be able to live up to its full potential then something that people forever wonder what could have been like Sunshine and Wind Waker.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't actually talking about the quality of the game, but rather about Pikmin 3's sales potential and the general enthusiasm surrounding the release.
Gouge away.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 05:13:35 PM »
Well, keep him away from the gameplay as well, or he'd probably do something stupid like require the game once again be played on an NES-style Wiimote regardless of how poorly the game controlled.
I expect every 1st party Nintendo game on Wii U to require the GamePad. Also, no offense, but I'm calling shenanigans on you being done with Nintendo for any reason. You bought Skyward Sword after repeatedly swearing you would boycott it. You will never join the Dark Side, brood...

I agree with insano. As long as Sakamoto doesn't write the story, the game itself could be great. I liked the 3rd person parts of Other M which was like 95% of the gameplay.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »
I liked the 3rd person parts of Other M which was like 95% of the gameplay.

So did I. It was the switching between first and third person that I disliked. Having to change my grip on the remote was just awkward. Fortunately the game had enough fun elements to overcome poor story and control decisions.
Gouge away.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 08:44:34 PM »
Also, no offense, but I'm calling shenanigans on you being done with Nintendo for any reason. You bought Skyward Sword after repeatedly swearing you would boycott it. You will never join the Dark Side, brood...

None taken, but also remember that I said at the time the only reason I bought it was for the soundtrack, and that I've regretted that decision ever since because that game is ****.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2012, 03:18:19 AM »
Your a Grinch Broodwars, lol.

I finally looked at the Pikmin footage again, looks a lot better that what I remember at E3! That lighting underground looks great and did anyone else notice a potentially new color of Pikmin? Oh and the troup leader is a girl? One of them anyway.

The cursor that commands the Pikmin makes a big "teleport beam" so it's either for Pikmin stuck high up or Pikmin will be flying!
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn