Author Topic: Nintendo Direct Coming on December 5  (Read 9090 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Nintendo Direct Coming on December 5
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »

Update: A Japanese Nintendo Direct will now happen earlier in the morning.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/32691

Update: Nintendo is now also holding a Japanese Nintendo Direct at 8 p.m. JST (6 a.m. EST, 3 a.m. PST) that will cover their Wii U Launch.

Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe will be releasing a new edition of Nintendo Direct on December 5.

This latest Nintendo Direct will focus on the remainder of 2012 and early 2013 games for both the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

Both Nintendo Direct presentations begin at 9 a.m. PST, 12 p.m. EST, 5 p.m. GMT, 5 p.m. BST, and 6 p.m. CET. Those wishing to watch in Japan can do so on December 6 at 2 a.m. JST.

The North American Nintendo Direct can be watched on the Nintendo Direct site. The European presentation will be streamed on the Nintendo Direct website and will be hosted by Nintendo of Europe President Satoru Shibata.

Offline xcwarrior

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct Incoming on December 5
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:46 AM »
Always a good thing to have more of these. Though it's a rare Europe one.
Nintendo ID: XCWarrior
3DS code: 1289-8376-3350. PM me if you want to swap.
Steam and backloggery.com are also: XCWarrior

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct Incoming on December 5
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 07:22:22 AM »
Always a good thing to have more of these. Though it's a rare Europe one.

Why is it a rare one for Europe? We get these things all the time.

Looking forward to this.

*subtext - give me Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion already!*
Gouge away.

Offline Vahne

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Direct Coming on December 5
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:33:54 PM »
Hopefully we'll see some of those unannounced Launch Window games that Reggie talked about.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 01:18:47 PM »
These three games will be announced for the Wii U:

• Tomb Raider
  • Dead Space 3
  • Metal Gear Rising Reveangance
Also, Stea and Origin will announced for the Wii U.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline John Kreese

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 01:23:54 PM »
Exciting rumors are popping up all over the place:

For this month's Wii U firmware update:
• The Wii U's "sideways compatibility" functionality will be enabled, allowing users to play current-gen Wii U games on the system.
• A widget in the corner of the screen will acknowledge that the internet exists, and remind you that it's too dangerous to connect your console to it.
• The update will include Wii U Video, which will allow console owners to view the same five awesome three-minute videos over and over again.  This season's video: Darius Rucker plays Scribblenauts Unlimited!
• This update and all the features that were supposed to be available at launch will be available very soon, this June!  Ish.  Let's just say "September."  2014.  Ish.

For the 3DS:
• Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion are already out in Japan!  They have been for months, actually.  God, they are so awesome.  Oh, right: you don't have them yet!  They'll probably come out in your region sometime.
• In the meantime, why not play the games you have on the new 3DS Classic!  It's the original, classic 3DS, only the same!  Features include unimproved screen clarity, unchanged screen dimensions, and StreetPass!  Which will really come in handy when someone else in your state buys a 3DS.
• An exciting new firmware update was brutally rammed into all 3DS devices this morning.  This update includes background improvements, as well as the outright disabling of the cartridge slot to discourage R3 piracy.  YOU'RE WELCOME!

For Club Nintendo:
• Club Ninwhat?  We have no idea what y- OH MY GOD, WE TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT CLUB NINTENDO.
This is a karate dojo, not a knitting class.

Offline shinyray01

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:35:46 PM »
We can probably expect some news about Lego City, Rayman Legends and so forth
hopefully some news on Bravely Default, it'll probably be "All The Bravest"
some light on the rumored Yoshi land game and the unannounced Retro Studio game.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 02:12:57 PM »
@John Kreese

Your vitriol is palpable, lol.
Gouge away.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
I'm thinking that Yoshi game is definitely gotta be revealed. Reggie said there were unannounced Wii U launch games, and that one fits the bill. Hopefully there will be some Pikmin 3 news.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bman87301

• AtGames Defender
  • Score: -10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »

• Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion are already out in Japan!  They have been for months, actually.  God, they are so awesome.  Oh, right: you don't have them yet!  They'll probably come out in your region sometime.

Luigi's Mansion isn't out in Japan yet...

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
Kytim, Origin already is on there as you need to have an Origin account for their online games.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 04:36:40 PM »

Luigi's Mansion isn't out in Japan yet...

facepalm

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
It always annoys me that these have the potential to be REALLY AWESOME or really boring. If we just learn about release dates, that's neat, I guess. It's probably going to be more Wii U focused, though I wish it weren't.

I'd like to see a new reveal, though.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 05:43:51 PM »
Pikmin 3 dated for April 1st, will turn out to be cruel joke.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 07:03:42 PM »
Opening the bidding at Sakamoto-helmed Other M 2. (This way, no matter what happens, I'm happy.)
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »
How about some actual internet service? Like, not just connecting to it, but actually getting to use it as well? That'd be great.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 09:47:14 PM »
Opening the bidding at Sakamoto-helmed Other M 2. (This way, no matter what happens, I'm happy.)

As I said on Twitter, if this happens I am DONE with Nintendo. I'm fine with another Metroid. I'm fine with even another Metroid game that tried to do what Other M tried (and failed) to do. But no Other M follow-up helmed by Sakamoto. Period.

Hopefully this Nintendo Direct will be dedicated to featuring Wii U exclusive games that are actually exciting, as well as the big 3DS titles Nintendo pushed back to get away from...oh right, the 3DS didn't have anything to get away from this holiday season.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:50:36 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 11:06:24 PM »
As I said on Twitter, if this happens I am DONE with Nintendo. I'm fine with another Metroid. I'm fine with even another Metroid game that tried to do what Other M tried (and failed) to do. But no Other M follow-up helmed by Sakamoto. Period.
Okay, now i want this.

I never actually played Other M, nor do i care much about the franchise.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 12:12:46 AM »
Okay, now i want this.

I enjoyed Other M, it was no where as bad as the internet (you guys included, NWR) made it out to be.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 12:13:30 AM »

Your tears only make him stronger.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 12:39:12 AM »

As long as new WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven games are being made, he's cool in my eyes.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 01:36:02 AM »
Okay, now i want this.

I enjoyed Other M, it was no where as bad as the internet (you guys included, NWR) made it out to be.

...is it so wrong that, gameplay wise, I liked it better than the Prime trilogy?
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 01:47:07 AM »
The game seems a lot better suited to the Wii U controller, and could be stunning in HD. If they kept Sakamoto (far, far) away from the story elements, it could be fantastic.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 01:47:16 AM »
Okay, now i want this.

...is it so wrong that, gameplay wise, I liked it better than the Prime trilogy?

Nope not at all. Aside from the pixel hunt and switch up controller flaws, I thought the story and gameplay were fine.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 05:07:39 AM »
@EasyCure - I agree with you. It was a fun action game, had some great bosses, and the sense of exploration was suitably satisfying.

No, it's not wrong. I disagree with you, but that doesn't make you wrong. The Trilogy, however, is my favourite series of games so I'm probably biased.

Gouge away.