Author Topic: Steven Kent "Pulls an IGN"  (Read 46471 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
Re: Steven Kent "Pulls an IGN"
« Reply #150 on: January 21, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »
800x400 isn't HD.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 21, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
But it's Hi-rez and that's the most we can hope for on a (Nintendo)handheld screen.
Now if the DS2 had a TVout then we can start talking about producing some HD resolutions, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2010, 01:49:54 PM »
800x400 isn't HD.

HD doesn't have a standard definition since people always fight over "true HD."

Since it is a term made up recently to sell tvs how about we call this what it was called ever since I was small, high resolution.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2010, 05:17:11 PM »
But if the screen is small enough then can't it still be considered HD by just having more pixels than a screen that size typically has? That, or maybe the pixels could be made tinier in order to fit into the smaller area.
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 21, 2010, 05:32:50 PM »
If the DS2 ends up having TV out (for multimedia purposes) then it can display at one resolution on the portable screen and then HD resolution on the TV screen.

The ZuneHD uses the Tegra chip and it does this exact thing. DS2 is rumored to be using the Tegra2 and will most likely scale it down a bit, but it should still be more functional than the Tegra 1.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 21, 2010, 10:22:57 PM »
LG has some phone which has a built in projector so you can emit a video onto pretty much and wall and then that wall becomes a TV of sorts. I wonder if something like that could work with a handheld gaming system. Hooking it up to a tv would still be cool, but let's say you don't have access to a tv... well, odds are you will have access to a wall, and why not have that wall become your tv?
is your sanity...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2010, 02:45:30 AM »
Projectors eat power for breakfast.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 22, 2010, 06:19:11 AM »
Projectors eat power for breakfast.

They sure do, which is why it would probably make a lot more sense to have it plugged into an outlet while you use it that way. If you're in a building and using it as a projector, then odds are you will have access to an electrical outlet, so that shouldn't be an issue.

If you're playing your handheld in a car or on a bus then you aren't going to have a wall to project onto anyway, so it doesn't matter in those instances.
is your sanity...

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 22, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »
The biggest problem with the projector idea is that there's no way you could hold the thing still enough while playing a game, even without waggle controls.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 22, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
The biggest problem with the projector idea is that there's no way you could hold the thing still enough while playing a game, even without waggle controls.
This was my thought as well.  And if it has an accelerometer inside, it'd be even worse.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 22, 2010, 11:10:55 PM »

I was thinking you would set it down on something and then use some detachable controller thing to play it with.
is your sanity...