Author Topic: Donkey Kong Country, Electronic Arts Game Join Switch Online Game Libraries  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

Sadly, this doesn't involve making Gretzky bleed, but the chances are no longer 0.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/54285/donkey-kong-country-electronic-arts-game-join-switch-online-game-libraries

Nintendo's latest update to the Switch Online subscriptions includes a classic platformer and a new publisher getting on board.

An update on July 15 will include 1994's Donkey Kong Country and Virtual Console regular Natsume Championship Wrestling coming to the Super Nintendo library. The NES library will only add a single game, but it will be the 1991 Electronic Arts-published The Immortal.

Japan's lineup will include Vice: Project Doom for the Famicom (known there as Gun-Dec), DKC, and 1992's Shin Megami Tensei.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Excited for DKC. Less so the other two but those are games to play. 

Oh there was a new upload on Nintendos channel on YT where they bring back Classified Info and there is some cheat codes for the game. 50 lives, Lots of lives for Diddy and even how to get into practice bonus levels. Fun stuff.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
To me the bigger news is getting a classic EA game on the service.  Even during the Wii's prime, I don't remember anything from EA being but on the Virtual Console.  Now the quality of said game is very debatable, its still nice to see Nintendo continues to get deep for picks. 

Really shows that as long as there's no license issues, a lot of classic obscure titles might have a chance.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
To me the bigger news is getting a classic EA game on the service.  Even during the Wii's prime, I don't remember anything from EA being but on the Virtual Console.  Now the quality of said game is very debatable, its still nice to see Nintendo continues to get deep for picks. 

Really shows that as long as there's no license issues, a lot of classic obscure titles might have a chance.

Don't mean to undermine your point, but just a note that The Immortal is (no longer?) owned by EA. Piko Interactive has the rights currently, and have also recently released it on the Evercade handheld. There it's on a 20-in-1 cartridge with Drakkhen, Top Racer and others of the era.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
One step closer to DKC2...