Author Topic: Episode 100: Five Hundred Ninety-Nine U.S. Hours  (Read 17851 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: PODCAST: Radio Free Nintendo: Episode 100
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2008, 02:07:37 AM »
I don't know what deal you guys have with him

No deal... he is my friend and gave permission to use the music.  I'm really glad that you like it, and I'll let him know that the podcast promotion is working.  :-)
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2008, 10:41:35 AM »
I don't know what deal you guys have with him

No deal... he is my friend and gave permission to use the music.  I'm really glad that you like it, and I'll let him know that the podcast promotion is working.  :-)

Any other guitar dorks out there play along to the show's intro, as I sometimes find myself doing ?  It has a contagious rhythm.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:44:58 AM by D_Average »
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Deep-Six

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »
Holy crap, my name was mentioned in the presence of the awsome Greg!!!!  Even thoe I only sent in 1 suggestion.  I think I'll be sending in more listener mail for the podcast.

Offline Dan_Flyhight

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2008, 03:06:55 AM »
Alright I just got done with the podcast now. I've listened to it over a span of 3 days cause I had to catch up from episode 97. First of all, congrats guys on 100 episodes. *raises a pint* Here's to another 100. First off, great podcast. I enjoyed it all. There wasn't one moment that I didn't enjoy. I've been listening since episode 1 and though I could never remember all the podcasts on my own, every moment that was brought up or at the end that was clipped, I remembered. So you got one great fan in me. I only expected to hear one clip that I didn't hear, it was my own fault for not emailing you guys about it, but then I don't know if it would've made it as this podcast was clearly long enough for you guys. I expected to hear the clip where you guys were doing listener mail on the obvious fan mail Greg gets. And I believe it was James who said that there should be his own bobble head and he replied with "That's exactly what the world needs a ghastly, bobbling representation of my face." I believe it was episode 98. But that moment is by far one of the funniest things I have ever heard Greg say. I greatly appreciated hearing the clip from the night John got drunk during the podcast and was talking about Magic and he left to go to the bathroom and you guys bashed on him. That was by far one of the funniest moments. So again guys, congrats on 100 episodes strong, keep'em coming and on a side note, I personally, do not mind the length of the podcasts. Making it an hour or hour and a half to two hours long doesn't bother me at all. I love listening to you guys talk about nintendo and other stuff that comes up. In fact, I'll let you guys in on something, when my 360 broke back in february and I had to send it in, all I had was my Wii and a couple games and to pass the time I listened to your guys' podcasts over and over and over while I had the sound turned down on my tv and played wii while listening. You guys do a great job and hey, if you ever need a guest to talk on the podcast with *wink wink* okay I'm ashamed for my plugging of myself... My ranting is done.
If ever the acid-spitting llamas ever engulf your esophagus out of fear for their own pancreas, you know who to call...

Offline MarioIsFrench

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2008, 11:49:14 AM »
I'm re-listening to this episode again (because it's boring during downtime here at work)and i have to say that Subspace Emissary doesn't suck. You play it once and you forget about it. It's like the piece of gum that you are chewing while holding a chocolate bar: once you take it out of your mouth, don't bother chewing on it again because it won't taste as great. Besides, i think SSE is meant for people who do not want to play a 100 multiplayer games just to unlock a character or something like DDRMax for PS2. I'd rather just play through SSE to get the majority of characters and then jump into the net and play other people. My connection has been consistently decent and playable despite the fact that i have 3 computers and 2 game systems connected at all times.
DC Universe questions that make you wonder.

• Why can't Green Lantern just make a "kill all bad guys" button with his green lantern powers?
• Aquaman? Alive? WHY?
• Can anyone beat Batman with prep-time?
• Can anyone name all super heroes/villains in the latest Infinite Crisis book without wiki?

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2008, 01:34:10 PM »
I'm re-listening to this episode again (because it's boring during downtime here at work)and i have to say that Subspace Emissary doesn't suck. You play it once and you forget about it. It's like the piece of gum that you are chewing while holding a chocolate bar: once you take it out of your mouth, don't bother chewing on it again because it won't taste as great. Besides, i think SSE is meant for people who do not want to play a 100 multiplayer games just to unlock a character or something like DDRMax for PS2. I'd rather just play through SSE to get the majority of characters and then jump into the net and play other people. My connection has been consistently decent and playable despite the fact that i have 3 computers and 2 game systems connected at all times.

I bought this game on day one, and still haven't brought myself to finish SSE.  It just feels like a chore.  I long, arduous, and unnecessary chore.  Each time I think about finishing it off, there's always something better to do, like washing the dishes.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2008, 10:21:54 AM »
I bought this game on day one, and still haven't brought myself to finish SSE.  It just feels like a chore.  I long, arduous, and unnecessary chore.  Each time I think about finishing it off, there's always something better to do, like washing the dishes.

I feel the same way.  I could care less about SSE...the only reason I'll ever play through it (and I will at some point, on some mythical weekend during which I have nothing to do) is to unlock stuff.  It's just not that fun.

As for funny moments, Greg has said some stuff off-the-air that I still laugh about.  He made one comment a few weeks back about how somebody said that future Wii games might use voice chat, but in a "new and different way" than the DS.  His response was, "How?  Are they going to have a fucking Steven Hawking vocoder?"  His incredulousness combined with the accent was comedy gold.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »
How soon should I expect ep. 101?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »
tonight?  I hope so.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2008, 02:00:38 AM »
I'm sorry guys.  It's not looking good for tonight.  All the techincal issues we encountered during recording is taking it's toll on the edit process. It's also a long episode. I'm thinking it could be 2 hours in the end.

However.  I'll give you a gift: the notes from the pre-recording meeting

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline MarioIsFrench

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2008, 09:16:04 AM »
any stingers and/or "lord of thunder"s?
DC Universe questions that make you wonder.

• Why can't Green Lantern just make a "kill all bad guys" button with his green lantern powers?
• Aquaman? Alive? WHY?
• Can anyone beat Batman with prep-time?
• Can anyone name all super heroes/villains in the latest Infinite Crisis book without wiki?

Offline Crimm

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2008, 01:04:19 PM »
I have 2 valid stingers for this week.  Both of them came from "dead air" or soon after we recovered from it.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report