Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming
Super Mario 3D World Thread.
(1/22) > >>
Khushrenada:
For those who are having trouble getting the stream, Super Mario 3D World announced.
It's like 3D Land for the 3DS but a bit bigger and fancier with you being able to control 5 characters ala New Super Mario Bros. Wii. In addition to Mario, Luigi and the two toads, the fifth person is Peach. Also the big powerup shown for that game is Cat Mario allowing you climb walls and even the flagpoles at the end .
Mannypon:
I have to say, the game looked fun but I was expecting so much more from this game.  I was expecting a massive world and a huge update in the graphics based off the Galaxy engine.  smh. 
KeyBilly:
This was the biggest videogame-related letdown for me in years.  I was hoping for the next "true" Mario sequel.  This game looks like a good thing to pass time with on a handheld or play with a mixed group, but not a full 3D Mario adventure that the developers put their hearts into.  Ah, well.  I can only hope that the big Mario games haven't been abandoned completely.

I guess I will wait until 2014 to get the system.

Khushrenada:
It smacks of a rush job. I was hoping that with the new Gamepad controller having two analog sticks, we could see a return to Sunshine level controls where you can operate and move the camera as needed. Watching that E3 2002 video that was posted last night by staff really helped show just how advanced Sunshine was and still is to so many 3D platformers. The amount of moves and control in that game is phenominal. Going by the previous track record of the Galaxy 1 and 2 and 3D Land game, I expect the camera to be left out of the players control again.

At the same time, we've only been shown a minute amount of gameplay footage from the actual game, so who knows how big and long the levels are but it is disappointing that they are keeping the 3D games so linear. I blame everyone that ever critized Sunshine and only praised the special "classic" levels without the waterpack. It sent the wrong message.
MagicCow64:
Yeah, this is a bit depressing. Was really hoping they'd shift gears again and make turbo Sunshine.

I wish I could speak to the God of video games and explain to him that I don't give a **** about co-op in anything, so please make it go away.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version