Author Topic: What games should everybody play?  (Read 9495 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What games should everybody play?
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 09:44:29 AM »
But you could sub in Earthworm Jim instead and thats a better game.

Simon would be a game everyone should play because its such an element of so many other games.
Also Oregon Trail.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 10:06:18 AM »
yea but Boogerman had ONE game, EJ had a few stinkers to taint his name. But to be fair your probably right in that regards.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 01:03:31 AM »

Hero Quest: So you want to be a Hero? (aka Quest for Glory 1 for you remake people)

I loved the Quest For Glory series--a classic Sierra adventure game with RPG elements.  I'm not sure, but it might have been the first RPG game I ever played.    I played the VGA remake of the first game, and it singularly responsible for teaching me the value of terrible puns.   I liked the idea of being able to develop a character's abilities just by taking him out and practicing various skills.  I think Quest For Glory II: Trial by Fire was my favorite of the bunch, and AGD Interactive produced a nice fan remake of it a couple of years ago. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2014, 02:51:55 PM »
MarioKart 64 or Double-Dash
I'm curious, why did you choose these two Mario Kart games instead of something more recent? I think that Mario Kart Wii or 7 would be a better introduction to the series/videogames because the control in them is way, way better than older games in the series. The general mechanics are better as well, and in the case of Mario Kart 64, the graphics are too primitive.

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
MarioKart 64 or Double-Dash
I'm curious, why did you choose these two Mario Kart games instead of something more recent? I think that Mario Kart Wii or 7 would be a better introduction to the series/videogames because the control in them is way, way better than older games in the series. The general mechanics are better as well, and in the case of Mario Kart 64, the graphics are too primitive.

Likely for the same reason I chose the games I did, the early games in the series set the precedent no matter how much better the latter games get the originals are where we started and thus think others should start too. I would recommend everyone play Pac-Man even though MS. Pac-Man is generally accepted as the better game, it's because you want to experience gaming in it's entirety not just the current stuff.

Look at it this way, if someone plays MK64 or DD and like those then they are more likely to really like the better newer ones, but if they start with a newer one and go back to one of the older ones they might not like them at all or as  much and thus miss out on some great games from the past.
Trying to be a better person, honest.