Author Topic: Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion  (Read 463857 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Ah crap, where's the bug spray?
« Reply #2825 on: December 17, 2007, 06:11:07 PM »
A Metroid stage not set in a lava-filled cavern?  I'll take it...

Great music too...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Ah crap, where's the bug spray?
« Reply #2826 on: December 17, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Shecky

Originally posted by: TVman
That stages looks pretty neat, but the only thing going for it is the rotating. The music was OK though.

Well, also there are the blackouts and the possibility that the parasite queen may actually attack.

True, but I like the fact that you're getting two basic stages in one. The update didn't say anything about the queen attacking, but it'd add a good bit of flare to the stage.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
RE: Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Ah crap, where's the bug spray?
« Reply #2827 on: December 17, 2007, 06:27:13 PM »
The update says nothing about it, but I really can't see the point of setting a stage there in the Parasite Queen's chamber if all she does is sit there...She'll attack for sure...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:Official Smash Bros. Dojo Update Discussion - Ah crap, where's the bug spray?
« Reply #2828 on: December 17, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »
The parasite queen better not attack that could be scary!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: December 17, 2007, 08:44:47 PM »
I like the look of it. Seems it was only recently that someone here was complaining that there were no Metroid Prime levels.  

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: December 17, 2007, 11:32:47 PM »
I've played through a few Metroid games but I never remember any rotating of the stage in those games but, we have 2 out of the 3 levels that have appeared in Smash for the series featuring some type of full field rotation.  What area did I miss?

Also That got me thing of my Alpha Blog issue in MP2 and how cool a waiter or high gravity stage might be.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #2831 on: December 18, 2007, 02:49:12 AM »
I liked this update. Its great that the Brawl team remembered Prime's significance in the Metroid universe and created an unique stage.

This also makes me wonder how many stages there will be in Brawl. Melee had around 29 stages total and so far 20 stages have been confirmed to be in Brawl. With the inclusion of classic Melee stages the number could be even bigger than Melee's! O.O
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: December 18, 2007, 03:04:35 AM »
Could be even bigger? It will FOR SURE be bigger!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: December 18, 2007, 04:06:12 AM »
I'll have to say that there will be around 40 stages...It's a good number...

Of course, I wouldn't complain if there were more...

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: December 18, 2007, 05:02:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Bill Aurion

I hope. I wonder how they plan on revealing them though, you can't tell me there is time to have updates on all them in addition to all the characters unless there are 2 or 3 part updates each day.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: December 18, 2007, 05:20:15 AM »
I approve of this stage.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: December 18, 2007, 05:45:05 AM »

Originally posted by: GoldenPhoenix

I hope. I wonder how they plan on revealing them though, you can't tell me there is time to have updates on all them in addition to all the characters unless there are 2 or 3 part updates each day.

I'd rather a good amount be kept secret. Same with the characters.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2837 on: December 18, 2007, 07:20:30 AM »
Well, of course there will be unlockable stages that won't be in the updates.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: December 18, 2007, 07:56:23 AM »
So we're in agreement.........?

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: December 18, 2007, 08:39:13 AM »
In terms of stages I'd imagine this game will probably have around 50.  Since Brawl is a sequel to Melee, it's obvious that all the series will at least have the same amount of stages in Brawl represented.  So lets break it down then.

Mario - 4
Donkey Kong - 2
Zelda - 2
Kirby - 2
Yoshi - 2
Star Fox - 2
Metroid - 2
Mother - 2
F-Zero - 2
Pokemon - 2
Ice Climbers - 1
Game and Watch - 1
Smash Bros - 2
Classic Stages - 3

So that's already 29 stages guaranteed for the game, now lets add all the new stages to the new series we know about so far.

Wario - 1
Kid Icarus - 1
Animal Crossing - 1
Fire Emblem - 1
Metal Gear - 1
Sonic - 1
Nintendo DS - 1
Icon number 19 series we don't know about yet - 1

So when we add that together that's 37 stages we know will be in the game total.  But know this is when things start going even higher.  Since Mario had 4 stages in Melee, who's to say that the other popular series like Zelda, Pokemon and Kirby wont have at least one more stage then they did in Melee?  And then who's to say that Wario, Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem wont be given a second stage in this game.  If Mother and F-Zero have two stages then there's no reason why those three series can't as well.

Then the big one is how many classic stages will be in this game.  It's pretty obvious that it'll be more then 3.  I'd imagine at the very least we're looking at around 12 classic stages which is 9 more then Melee had.

Adding all those different factors together shows that Brawl having around 50 stages is very likely.  
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: December 18, 2007, 08:46:22 AM »
I do think it's just as likely that some franchise stages are dumped to make way for the newer franchise representatives...For example, I could see F-Zero only having one stage and the Game & Watch stage being trashed altogether...I'm hoping that's not the case, but it'd be way too optimistic to not at least consider the possibility...

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: December 18, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
Good update with the level, but the music?

I really, REALLY, REALLY hope this isn't a precursor to that fat piece of sh*t Pokey/Porky being a playable character.

Seriously, if they give the spot to him when there are other much better Mother characters to choose from, I may put that box of fire ants in the mail for REAL.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: December 18, 2007, 08:58:40 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric
I've played through a few Metroid games but I never remember any rotating of the stage in those games but, we have 2 out of the 3 levels that have appeared in Smash for the series featuring some type of full field rotation.  What area did I miss?

Also That got me thing of my Alpha Blog issue in MP2 and how cool a waiter or high gravity stage might be.

During the escape from the Ceres Space Colony at the beginning of Super Metroid, the vertical corridor you're ascending lists to one side.  That's all I can think of.

Offline LuigiHann

• View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: December 18, 2007, 08:59:13 AM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

Seriously, if they give the spot to him when there are other much better Mother characters to choose from, I may put that box of fire ants in the mail for REAL.

I doubt it has anything to do with the character. They just chose music that matched the level. Probably.  

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: December 18, 2007, 09:13:33 AM »

I do think it's just as likely that some franchise stages are dumped to make way for the newer franchise representatives...For example, I could see F-Zero only having one stage and the Game & Watch stage being trashed altogether...I'm hoping that's not the case, but it'd be way too optimistic to not at least consider the possibility...

But the thing to remember is Brawl has had a much longer development time then Melee did and has been easier to develop for since it's based on Melee's engine.  Plust there's more people working on Brawl then there was on Melee, which also helps the team create more stages at a quicker and easier rate then they could with Melee.

I really, REALLY, REALLY hope this isn't a precursor to that fat piece of sh*t Pokey/Porky being a playable character.

I'd imagine Porky is more likely to be a boss in the Subspace Emissary then a playable character.  If they were to choose a villain from the Mother series then Claus as the Masked Man would be a much more likely candidate.  Especially since he was on Sakurai's most popular character list with Lucas.  

Offline LuigiHann

• View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: December 18, 2007, 09:28:23 AM »
Don't we have spoiler tags here? Surprisingly, some of us haven't played Mother 3.  

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2846 on: December 18, 2007, 10:26:08 AM »
I am hoping they go at least the character root.  Each character not franchise needs at least one stage devoted to them.

So I hope we see:

Bowser specific Stage
Mario specific Stage
Wario specific Stage
Ike specific Stage

ect.  

After that it looks like they will have several stages that are unique stages, for special series.  Like the Mario Kart Stage, and then of course the Picto-Chat Stage.

If each character had at least one stage then we are looking at a huge number of stages, specially when you realize there will probably be like 5 or 6 classic stages in the game as well.  

I still want a Bowser Castle Level more than anything.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2847 on: December 18, 2007, 12:06:16 PM »
I don't think that Wario will get another stage. If there's a Wario Ware character (which is probable) then there might be one more relating to his platforming days.  

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: December 18, 2007, 01:58:58 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
I don't think that Wario will get another stage. If there's a Wario Ware character (which is probable) then there might be one more relating to his platforming days.

If there's another Wario stage it will be from the Wario Land series.  The WarioWare stage already represents that part of Wario perfectly.  The Wario Land series was very popular back in the 90's and is what really made Wario.  There's also the fact that Wario has his signature shoulder charge as one of his moves shows that Sakurai hasn't forgotten about the Wario Land series either.

Since the Wario Land series is a huge part of Wario, I'd be very shocked if there isn't a stage for it.  If Ness and Captain Falcon who are from series way less popular then Wario got two stages in Melee, then Wario has a good chance of having two stages in Brawl.

If there isn't a Wario Land stage then it means Sakurai hates Wario and his fans.  And if that's the case then I think I might have to help Pap64 and Smash Brother gather up some fire ants.
>_>
<_<

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2849 on: December 18, 2007, 02:51:01 PM »
We can only hope.