Author Topic: Official SSBB SmashDate Discussion  (Read 464011 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile

Originally posted by: Arbok
Oh god yes.... yeah, DK hasn't had the best representation past the Donkey Kong Country series. I love the more "King Kong" type feel to the character in the movie. Primitive, but not dumb, and as you said ferocious and imposing.

Eh?  Jungle Beat Donkey Kong was the best representation of him YET!  No talking, no reason, just Donkey Kong going out to take some names!
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Diddy just pulled off some John Woo action.  This is just the kind of overdramatic flair I love to see.

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
I don't like "attitude" diddy. Of course I just now realized he's always had the attitude, somehow I didn't noticed it before, not even in Donkey Kong 64 and yes, I love this game, i don't care what you say

"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
I'm thinking in those pauses there going to put there names and logo.  Like in a Road Runner cartoon.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I love the Power Rangers style "Beat the bad guy and then pose while he explodes behind you" move that DK and Diddy did.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Truly this game is continues to show its greatness.  What I love about the cinemas are they are all over the top.  I loved Donkey Kong just bracing for the attack...almost realizing he can take whatever comes his way...truly a King of Kong.  Then Diddy Kong jumping in all crazy monkey-fu like was brilliant.  

But truly the best part was the Brutal attacks Donkey Kong pulled on the poor Koopas...it was downright violent for a Nintendo game.  (Someone just needs to edit blood into the movie now.)  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
They already did put their names in the trailer.  It's been on GameTrailers since partway through E for All with their names in it.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
Yay!  Halo 3 isn't the only game where you can save replays and send them to friends via your friends roster anymore!

Me = A very happy person.  ^_^
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
Replay data is a nice feature even if 3 minutes isn't a whole lot of time.

I like how Break the Targets has different difficulties this time around.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
If you can get these videos on a PC somehow Pro666 is gonna love the replay movie feature.

Offline HadesGigas

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
I hope the replays allow you to play around with the camera angles.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
You see? They're not even trying to hide it anymore. "We've crippled break the targets" and "we've added another imbecilic online feature" in the same update.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
How have they crippled break-the-targets?

Or was that sarcasm, because I suck at picking up on sarcasm in real life, so you can imagine I have quite a hard time on the Internet.

EDIT:Never mind, after rereading the update it seems that there are only five non-character specific stages, and the fact that they talk about  sending replays to your friends via Wi-Fi seems to make one think that online has taken away from the non-online portion of the game, thus making you (PaLaDiN) hate online even more, meaning that it was not sarcasm.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Its a long shot but i hope he meant 5 non character specific stages as well as the character specific ones...

I never thought the point of break the target was for speed runs (for the sake of speed runs), they were a way to test your skill with a specific character using just their abilities. The faster you could break the targets the more skilled you were controlling that character.

The character specific stages were a great way to learn how a character plays, now their gone....?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
I think I like the idea of non-character specific ones more...They aren't designed with a specific character in mind, thus forcing you to come up with your own strategies around them...I also like the addition of items, though I'd imagine they'd have to be pre-set...

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
maybe  Lvl 1 is character specific and the other 4 are just generally hard dunno Don't like the sound of 5 generic stages
My mother hung me on a hook once, ONCE!

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Break the Target is going to be nice.  I also thought that game separated the men from the boys...the skilled from the posers.  And it is nice to see it back with a vengeance...but I didn't read it as 5 general levels.  Here is the quote:

"It’s outdoors now, giving it a refreshing visual appearance. This time, there are five different maps of varying difficulty—challenges you can take on with your favorite character."

I read this to mean there will be 5 unique stages for each character to run through with varying difficulty.  After all Melee had 2 for most characters didn't it?  

Anyway, whatever is available, I am just excited it is in there yet again.  Brawl really is going to have everything you ever wanted in a Smash game and then some.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
Does this confrim no Online Target Mode Versus?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
As long as they keep track of high scores separately for each character, I don't have a problem with the stages not being character-specific. Then again, the language was vague enough that I don't think it's confirmed one way or another. It's also possible that there are only five maps, but the targets are placed differently for each character - we just don't know.  

I do agree with EasyCure that the Target stages have always been about mastering each character's moveset... but I do think that, even with non-character-specific stages, they can still make it so. What's a piece of cake for most characters may still be a devious puzzle for others, and they'll probably balance that out so that each character must make clever use of all its moves. Still, that's why I'm hoping for individual high scores for each character, because any given stage will be easier for some than for others, and I'd hate for there to be a "right" character for each stage.  

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
I wonder whether the first three minutes or the last three minutes of a match will be saved.  It's too bad they couldn't have spared just a bit more memory to make it four minutes, since that's the time limit I like to set, anyway.

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
I'd put my money on the last

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
The funny thing is that a while back someone suggested that they should add a replay mode to Brawl and lo and behold.

Brawl is still early yet the insane amount of stuff being added to it is amazing!
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile

The character specific stages were a great way to learn how a character plays, now their gone....?
Yeah, exactly. They were a great way to use your abilities to solve puzzles.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
I do think people need to realize that there's likely going to be up to around 35-40 characters this time around, and I'm sure it takes quite a bit of time to get a perfectly balanced character-specific stage in order...

Offline NinjaWang

• View Profile
So.....looking at the dojo subspace adventure urls say "modea" mode B is classic?