Author Topic: Episode 452: You Are a Jerk, Bollocks-Head  (Read 3322 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 452: You Are a Jerk, Bollocks-Head
« on: November 08, 2015, 11:21:00 AM »

It turns out it's actually a butt; our mistake.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/41446/episode-452-you-are-a-jerk-bollocks-head

Jon continues his sojourns, so Greg, Gui, and James welcome Karen on the first half of the show to talk about Yoshi's Woolly World. Good news: you can still be a monster to people you care about! Guillaume turns New Business towards The Legend of Legacy. He has approving feelings of affirmation for the FuRyu 3DS JRPG. Greg and James both played the demo version of Fatal Frame: Maiden of the Black Water and turn the conversation from gameplay to the unsettling balance of portraying the impact of psychological issues with "IT'S A GHOST" plot devices. Greg wraps up New Business with some thoughts on the updated Super Mario Maker, now with checkpoints and creepy tall Mario and Yoshi.

After yet another solo Now Playing, it's the return of a proper Listener Mail segment. James, Gui, and Greg tackle tough questions about the mobile NX as the home for "Vita-style" games, marketing mobile titles made by a company worried competitors will "steal [their] ideas," getting banned from Miiverse for drawing testicular-shaped Yo-Kai, Nintendo embracing streaming gameplay, and elements the crew would like to see in the upcoming Zelda game. Send your questions about scatologically-shaped creatures to our mailbag.

It's time again for the NWR Telethon to Support Child's Play. Details will be posted soon, but don't make plans for December 5. We have a tentative schedule that is full of great content.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 452: You Are a Jerk, Bollocks-Head
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »
I played the Fatal Frame demo and didn't find it as scary as it could have been. Your first encounter with a ghost holds your hand with tutorials so much they stop being scary from the get go. The right stick camera doesn't act as you think it would and the movement of the character made me feel uncomfortable, not in a spooky way, more of a motion sickness lack of precision kind of way. I did like some bits though, the notes you find are quite interesting and not generic blah blah they're coming blah blah biochemical weapons of resident evil. Or the technobabble of Metroid Prime. Some scenes were quite effective like the one of the cliff face and the sunset, and the one where the dude sees a vision of a boy commuting ritual murdur then waking up not knowing if it was a dream or a memory, wtf that's messed up.

SMT 4 has miiverse in Europe, it's also literally the only difference between the EU and US versions despite being released more than a year after, only on the eshop.

Kacho On! NCL's YouTube is super weird, there's some series about a papercraft puppet thing on a wooden stick kind of deal, that goes to a store, buys a Wii U, gets abducted by aliens and is forced to play Wii U with them. Presumably antics ensue as well as informative gaming tutorials, hints and tips.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:56:56 AM »
I think screenshot functionality in miiverse (and even predating miiverse some 3ds games had screenshot sharing) is a sure sign that streaming is in the plans.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline K-S-O

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 02:39:24 AM »
Hey Guillaume, if you are looking for a good RPG to get into I would recommend the Trails in the Sky series on PSP or PC.  I am currently playing through the second game and it is fantastic.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 08:16:18 PM »
The hot takes are real this episode!

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 11:28:36 PM »
...and we have officially rolled back over to zero. "0 episodes since James has lampooned ALBTW".

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 05:29:26 AM »
For informed opinions on Japanese culture, may I refer you all to the Famicast  :cool;
Yokai Watch talk next episode in fact, so please to be looking forward to it!

Despite James Jones' lack of Japanese cultural awareness, I did enjoy the bollocks talk!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 11:01:21 AM »
Despite James Jones' lack of Japanese cultural awareness, I did enjoy the bollocks talk!

As if there was ever any doubt regarding our ability to talk bollocks...
Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:53 AM »
James do you like Wind Waker? I though Ive heard you say you like it. You hate link between worlds because it’s easy but I honestly find Wind Waker even easier!

Though the Hero mode in the remastered edition was nice.

Just so weird that you dislike that game so much. It was such a fantastic game with beautiful

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 11:46:39 AM »
Yoshidious I can’t wait to go back and replay your levels with the added check points.
[/color] [/b]
[/color]I personal  thought you had some very very clever and well thought out levels. I mean ingenious at times in how meticulous they were. [/b]
[/color] [/b]
[/color]Though the difficulty got away from you which prevented only but the most stubborn or skilled from enjoying most of them. [/b]
[/color] [/b]
[/color]There was one in particular which was a ghost house one that I never figured out. It had to do with P switches and coins. Wasn’t so much difficultly but me not being good enough to figure out the puzzle I guess. I always wanted to go back to that one for one more go.[/b]

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 07:24:51 PM »
the one you're referring to is "Keep your Chin Up", Kobe.

I actualy updated 14 of my 17 levels with checkpoints or progressive Power-ups!

also, I am REALLY Psyched for Telethon time this year! Although I have to wonder how they intend to top Unlicensed to Drive.

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »
I like Wind Waker. It was never about the combat it was about the dungeons and core gameplay. Link Between Worlds just feels shallow. Wind Waker actually does a good job building up what Link can do and how he does it.
James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report