Author Topic: Episode 123: Luigi's Lost Mind  (Read 2832 times)

Offline NWR_Josh

• The 23rd Buchan
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Episode 123: Luigi's Lost Mind
« on: February 02, 2014, 03:10:53 AM »

Sanity effects are in full force when Josh Max comes to play.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/radiotrivia/36454

You can find the screenshot referenced during the discussion of the fourth game here.

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Epidose 123: Luigi's Lost Mind
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:11:57 AM »

Games featured in this episode:
Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
Super C (NES)
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii)
Young Merlin (SNES)
Elite Beat Agents (DS)

(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
New episode, will listen!

I was wondering: did the thread showing which games have been featured on Radio Trivia Podcast Edition get moved somewhere? I couldn't find it.
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 02:25:55 AM »
Dunno why it got un-stickied, but I found the thread and made it sticky again.
Nintendo World Report

Offline roykoopa64

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
Cool, thanks!

Finished listening, good episode! I had a good laugh, haha, especially with poor little Luigi.  ;D

I was able to guess the first game even though I haven't played it yet (Fire Emblem Awakening) because that 2nd song definitely sounded like something from a Fire Emblem game (I've played most of them).

I had a feeling I knew what game 2 was (Super C) based on the 1st and 2nd songs, and that 3rd song made it easy to identify. I love that Konami NES music!

The bonus question was a big clue for game 3. I took a wild guess and I was right! I've never played the game (Fragile Dreams) but I've heard so much about it.

I had no idea what game 4 was (Young Merlin). I definitely remember reading about the game in Nintendo Power, but it never appealed to me.

Once that 3rd song played on game 5, it was easy enough to identify. Yeah, I liked EBA a lot!

I only missed one game, not bad
Fanático de Nintendo desde 1985

My Miiverse profile

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 123: Luigi's Lost Mind
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:47:50 AM »
Recognized the last game right as first song started. Elite Beat Agents is such a great game! Love it, love it.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ResettisCousin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:39:34 AM »
Listened based on Mett's suggestion in the latest RFN. I have to admit that I really don't get the format of asking the trivia question before announcing the game. I would have known the 'what is the Wiimote used for' question right off the bat if I knew what the game was, and I have played that game, but the music didn't leave an impression on me. It seemed like twice Josh had to remind 'wasn't there a trivia question to answer, by the way?'. But I gather this has been the format for quite a long while so I'll just return to my corner now.

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 11:05:03 PM »
Listened based on Mett's suggestion in the latest RFN. I have to admit that I really don't get the format of asking the trivia question before announcing the game. I would have known the 'what is the Wiimote used for' question right off the bat if I knew what the game was, and I have played that game, but the music didn't leave an impression on me. It seemed like twice Josh had to remind 'wasn't there a trivia question to answer, by the way?'. But I gather this has been the format for quite a long while so I'll just return to my corner now.
The intent behind the trivia question is two-fold:
1) For those who haven't identified the game, it provides an extra hint as to what the game may be (e.g., the hint question you mention indicates it is a Wii or Wii U game), and
2) For those who HAVE figured out the game, it gives them something else to ponder while listening to the third song.

How well that works in practice, it's hard for me to tell. At this point, it is certainly tradition as much as anything else. I will be the first to admit I have been increasingly bad about remembering to answer to the trivia question. I try to include the answer as part of the discussion of the game, but sometimes (often?) the conversation goes elsewhere and I forget about answering the question--only to notice the omission during editing. Hence, the ending on this particular episode.

If I get a bunch of feedback from listeners that they don't like the trivia question part of the format, I'll consider changing or getting rid of it.

I hope you otherwise enjoyed the episode.
Nintendo World Report