Author Topic: Right, So What's the Deal?  (Read 4012 times)

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Right, So What's the Deal?
« on: May 14, 2003, 12:45:10 PM »
OooooK. What gives? It's E3. Nintendo has a TON of games that just rock for us to oogle over (Custom Robo, Geist, Mario Kart, F-Zero, list goes on) and yet everybody and thye momma want to bitch, moan, cry, whine, and doom n' gloom about Nintendo! So Sony has a new handheld? Big freaking whoop. It could suck. It could be good. Who freaking cares?! Damn thing has to crack GBs 100+million installed base for Nintendo or us to care! Nintendo has been in business for OVER 100 years....that's damn near 10 times as long as the majority of us have been alive! I think that any of us with half a brain can agree that they're know what they're doing.

Finally I just want anyone who wishes to criticize Nitnendo to just think of one thing before you start talking and/or typing....Do YOU have a cool $6,000,000,000+ dollars in the bank? If your answer to this question is no, shut the fack up, pick up a controller, joystick, or handheld. Fire up said system that goes with it. And play some damn games. Yeesh.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 12:52:41 PM »
100 years?  Okay.

But yes, I completely agree with you.   Nintendo rocks, and I don't know why everyone's complaining when things are looking their best.  Anyway, double dash, air ride, Star Fox, and others are already on my list, and games like Geist and Mario Party 5 could easily get there.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 12:52:45 PM »
First off, I don't think anyone's really spelling out Nintendo's doom besides a few trolling fanboys. We just thought Nintendo could've provided a bit more for E3 than a thousands games that focus on the GBA link up which I nevre really delved into in the first place. I would've much preferred actual games.

And second, stop relying cliches to support your argument. We've all heard the "money in the bank" one a thousand times, and the "they've got the GBA to back them" thing is getting really old. I may agree with your opinion, but it's always good to have original points to support your opinion, or else people will get bored and ignore you.

Hostile: While Nintendo's only been making videogames since the 70's, it is true they've been around since the 1890's, mainly making Hanafuda playing cards.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2003, 12:55:56 PM »
Those games look like they could come as a package (two discs per case, or two games per disc), and it looks like they're getting very good with GBA connectivity, so the next system and future games for cube will be very cool.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2003, 12:56:55 PM »
Hey, I agree with you completely.  I have been trying to keep away from such threads, but I did comment in two of them today to keep such people from spouting off.  The rest of my time today has been spent downloading E3 trailers, or just hyping the games I have seen.  

Hell, I think that Game of the Show should go to Metal Gear Solid 3, yet I don't even care that it's not on GameCube, as I have plenty of GameCube games to keep me busy, including our own exclusive Metal Gear game that I have a guarantee on that says it won't suck.    It's really weird that I feel that way, but I think it might have something to do with the almost 100% certainty I have that it will be one day coming to PC...
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 01:03:15 PM »
I'd rather a Game of the Show award go to a game that's actually playable (don't need a repeat of LAST year). That means Metroid Prime 2, Resident Evil 4, MGS3, and Halo 2 are ALL out of the running. You simply can't make good judgements about how good a game is by looking at a video that was specifically mixed to entertain you.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 01:10:30 PM »
Alright fine, you make a good point...  I don't know what I would give it to then.  MGS: TS looks nice, but I don't think I can give it to a remake in good conscience...  Star Fox maybe?
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline SoulPlayer

• View Profile
RE: Right, So What's the Deal?
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2003, 01:10:43 PM »
I totally agree I don't understand what everyone is complaining about. I am totally pumped for Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metroid Prime 2( that short clip alone was enough), Star Fox 2, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, F-Zero GX, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike, Mario Party 5, Wario World, Resident Evil 4, Viewtful Joe, Killer 7, Dead Pheonix, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Pikmin 2, Animal Crossing 2, Custom Robo(Finally it comes to America), Too Human, 1080: Avalanche, Virtua Fighter Quest, Pokemon Coliseum(maybe), and especially Geist. So far the only real surprise announcment from Microsoft was Conker: Live & Uncut (which wasn't a real surprise) and the $20. price cut.  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2003, 01:11:14 PM »
Is it just me, or does Kirby's Air Ride look really fun?  Not a show stealer, but I've heard little about it.

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2003, 01:15:36 PM »
Mouse nowhere did I say that they have GameBoy to fall back on. I apologize if it seemed like I implied it but I did not actually say it. Second, the only reason I use the cliche I did is because it is true! I honestly can't see any other reason to try and get my point across that could be more effective (Admittingly I also didn't think out different reasons so I'm not 100% innocent Mouse ) Welp I'm done addressing that. Just defending myself...carry on
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2003, 01:19:32 PM »
Ah, well, the thing about the GB having a 10+ million installed user base kinda tipped me off. And I'm not saying your cliche points weren't true, which they most definitely are, but I at least always try to think up of new ideas to convince people. That said, I DO agree with what you're saying- Nintendo is far from doom no matter what the pessimists and naysayers say (maybe it's nay?).

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2003, 01:23:10 PM »
LOL Mouse, agreed. I too like to come up with my own ideas but I was just angry and needed something I could throw down. Mouse I''m glad to say you're unlike others I've debated with. You can admit when wrong and know how toa gree to disagree. Qualities I highly respect. That said I must get back to playing Advance Wars (In anticipation for Fire Emblem and AW2)

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2003, 01:34:13 PM »
Why does everybody bitch over Nintendo's line-up?

Easy. We're sitting in front of our Computers, most likely bored. We need to make ourselves seem important by bitching about what Nintendo should of done. We are, in fact, experts of the gaming world. For we are consumers. We want Nintendo to somehow crush the competition at the show. We don't like new games. We need death.

Brilliant new games just isn't enough for some. They hope a magical announcement will be made where Nintendo will have bought out Microsoft and Sony. They need domination. If not, then it means they are doomed. Simple. Oh dear, Sony have a new handheld. That means Nintendo are DEAD! Right from the anouncement. Bam. Dead. Let us bitch and whine.

What's this? Microsoft have Halo 2? Oh crap, Nintendo's GONE! Where's the Halo 2 killer Nintendo? Oh my God, you need a game with guns and gore and stuff. Why don't they make a gore hentai game? THAT WULD ROCK DOOD!1!ONE. OMG BLOOD.

And what's this? Pac-Man and Tetra Trackers? BAH! Nintendo shouldn't be making these! Because I DON'T LIKE THEM. For I am the smart know-it-all consumer. If I were running Nintendo, they'd be winners. I'd make a violent game. Because that's what I like on Xbox. And I am the consumer, I am right.

/rant

/sarcasm (Let us see how many people miss this and start bitching at me)

Long story short. People will ALWAYS complain. Even if Nintendo were to announce they now have 90% of the market share, and are getting high profile games all over the place. People would complain.

It's a message board. That's what people do on message boards.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 01:40:34 PM »
What the @$%& are you @$%& talking about, Infernal?? @$%& you and your @$%& mom! Go to @$%&!! I won't take this @$%& from a little @$%& like you!

/standard use of this message board

Offline Biohazard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2003, 01:53:37 PM »
Im sorry I'm dissapointed in e3...with all showings....next time let's not spend so much time on the internet so we won't know what to expect :-\
Johnathon Fauker
----------------------
PlanetGamecube's Resident Evil Freak.

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2003, 03:01:53 PM »
Well Soul Player listed a bunch of games THAT I wanted to see, however, several of them were no-shows.

And I think why alot of people are disappointed with Big N since alot of these were non-surprises.  Those that were somewhat suprises ended up backfiring for example that Zelda spinoff.  Guess fans wanted the NEXT Zelda or the NEXT Mario 128.  

Surprises like Metroid Prime (alot of people were iffy about it being 3D) help bring excitement to the show and this year Nintendo seems to have leaked it info a bit pre-mature unless it has something up it's selves (a few days left so you never know).

Offline Zeth

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2003, 03:07:18 PM »
... Yeah, I'll be laughing at Nintendo when I don't buy stupid Tetra's Trackers and Pac-man and buy cool stuff like FF:CC and MGS:TTS.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2003, 04:34:54 PM »
am i the only one that can see the huge amount of fun that could be gotten out of pacman? i mean its so simple and addictvly fun sounding! provided cube + friends ofcourse

also nintendo hasn't quite had their big announcement yet have they? like the BIG one, not just the pre show press confrence

Offline yellowfellow

• I have become comfortably numb.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2003, 04:36:14 PM »
part of the problem as well is that people get their hopes up too high and every announcement just seems minute in comparison.  nintendo did have some good announcements, MGS:TS looks pretty slick (imagine such a great story conveyed with cut scenes where the characters actually look like they're talking, instead of just head-nodding), Mario Kart: Double D being LAN compatible up to 8 GC (with a tunneling program it will basically be online), Geist looks like a pretty interesting concept, and hopefully there will be more.
the problem is everyone knows nintendo is so full of such potential and would love to see something that will just destroy everything else out there and to an extent, will reclaim some of nintendo's lost respect, and our respect (justifying our belief that nintendo is the greatest).
procrastination and masturbation are fine, until you realize you're only screwing yourself

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2003, 05:35:10 PM »
nintendo gets money either way, Zeth.

Offline WesDawg

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2003, 05:57:14 PM »
I wasn't to excited about GBA-GC connectivity either, but some of these new ideas sound pretty cool. I think I will have to give it a try. I just wish I had some friends who also had GBA's to play with. Anyways, it definately sets the Cube apart from the other two systems this year, and with the huge base that the GBA has, it doesn't seem like that bad of an idea.

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2003, 09:56:13 AM »
Stupid? I personally find the GC Pan-Man game one that sounds like a BLAST to play! I always found myself outsmarting those dang ghosts. Be nice to finally have some competition in the form of my own friends! You could even make ti somewhat tactical