Author Topic: Nintendo's Gone Desperate....  (Read 3580 times)

Offline UniversalJuan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Nintendo's Gone Desperate....
« on: April 13, 2003, 07:09:16 PM »
REDMOND, Wash., January 17, 2006 - Nintendo announced earlier today that, to compete with the powerhouse that is the Playstation 3, it will merge with now former 3rd party developer SEGA.

The reason for this merge is to 'aggresively compete with the threat to true gaming' as one anonymous source claims. News of the merge first broke in November when rumors flew left and right over Nintendo's possibility of going 3rd party. The new company will be called Nintega, though it is subject to change over the course of the final dealings. More as it becomes available.

As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co. Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its popular home video game systems. The systems include Game Boy(R), Nintendo(R) 64, Game Boy Advance and Nintendo GameCube(TM). Since the release of its first home video game system in 1983, Nintendo has sold more than 1.6 billion video games worldwide, creating enduring industry icons such as Mario(TM) and Donkey Kong(R) and launching such franchises as Zelda(TM) and Pokemon(R). As a wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere.

For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site, www.nintendo.com.

Tis would be a strange day indeed huh? Personally I doubt Nintendo is gong anywhere but with all the freaking naysayers, sales watchers, and people generally not caring about their games in front of them in opt of watching sales and trying to be Nintendo's business directors (=/), I made this post so you could wonder....what if? Just imagine..."Coming Christmas 2006.....DREAMCUBE from Nintega featuring the Game of E3 winner....Mobius Mushroom, the joint RPG featuring Sonic the Hedgehog and Mario from the minds of Yu Suzuki and Shigeru Miyamoto" Feel free to discuss and if I may repeat...I do NOT think Nintendo is going anywhere...just thought I'd throw up a fun topic to ease everyone's mind.
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2003, 07:24:12 PM »
Um... dude. You're two weeks late...

Offline Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2003, 08:58:44 PM »
Or a few years too early depending on how you look at it. It is not 2006 yet.

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2003, 11:40:03 PM »
Oh crap, i didnt read the whole post, i thought he was serious. By two weeks too late i was talkin about april fools day, fool. But yeah, i suck.

Offline masterShigeru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2003, 01:58:54 AM »
You arsehole!!!!!.....I was about to have a fit of excitement until I realised what was going on.

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2003, 03:27:17 AM »
Wait... What?
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 03:51:00 AM »
I want my 15 seconds back.

Offline egman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 06:12:31 AM »
I think it's quite likely Nintendo will change instead of dropping out. What that change is going to be is the real question. However,I wouldn't mind seeing a merger between Sega and Nintendo. I doubt it will happen though. Sega would try their hand in hardware again before something like that occurs I think.

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 07:38:50 AM »
Finally a useful thread
*cuts his veins and jumps out of window*
LZ 2005

Offline Samwise Gamgee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 04:01:43 PM »
i knew it was a fake the second  i read the 1st line

"REDMOND, Wash., January 17, 2006"

so once all u guys get to highschool, u guys will be able to pick up on things like this
"I made a promise! A promis; Don't you leave him Samewise Gamgee, and i don't mean to, i don't mean to!"

Offline FrameShift

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 04:28:57 PM »
ya, i wish i culd get 2 hi-skewl 2 b like u
(Try forming a complete sentence before you insult others.)

Offline Ninja X

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 05:40:22 PM »
Don't believe much in forums.  The only thing ever announced in a forum games-wise is MGS for GCN.  If Nintendo and Sega are merging, I doubt the first place you'd hear about it would be forums.  
I got some killaz on my payroll.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2003, 05:47:44 PM »
Yeah, you'd hear it on the Classical music station on AM radio. They always have the top news.

To which I go "Wow"
Then Darkwing Duck leaps out of the speaker and we have an adventure in the land of chocolate.

"THAT WAS 10 MINUTES AGO!"