Author Topic: Good Job :)  (Read 5214 times)

Offline J-Le2k3

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Good Job :)
« on: January 31, 2003, 04:45:38 PM »
This is one nice layout of a board, it kinda rivals IGN board layout.

Who designed this board, I must know.  

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 05:24:38 PM »
The makers of the board are listed in the copyright message at the bottom of every page.  We've tweaked quite a few things, and there are most enhancements to come, since we have all the source code.  That's right.  This is the tip of the iceberg.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 05:26:06 PM »
This is nice.  Will take some getting use to.  Me's feeling like I just walked through the looking glass or something like that.  Me like.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 01:08:56 PM »
Not to be bringer of annoyance, but will there be avitars? I understand the constraints on bandwith, but if they are to be removed can the forum rules be changed?

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 02:58:18 PM »
Yeah, I agree, these new forums seem much better than the horrid old ezboard ones.  I couldn't even create a user for the ezboard forum, it just never worked without any obvious reason why (maybe ezboard is one of those crap `only works with internet explorer' sites; I haven't tried the new site with anything really funky, but at least it works with mozilla).

Also the this new forum site is much prettier graphically.

I don't know why you guys switched, but I'm very glad you did...

Offline mac<censored>

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 06:51:03 PM »
BTW, another think I've noticed is that these new forums seem fast -- I've got a slow connection and many sites are pigs (including PGC's main site [and ezboard]), with severely bloated HTML and useless gee-gaws out the wazoo, but these forum pages load very quickly!

p.s. So don't go bloating them with dancing GIFS, hear?

p.p.s. Also I love that you can edit your posts retroactively; I never notice mispellings until after I've posted....

Offline deminisma

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2003, 07:39:26 PM »
agree with the speed, this board seems to render way faster that the old one, and the PGC homepage.
lookin' good.

edit: and please no avatars. i know alot of people want them, but i honestly could care less about which lame little picture is forced on my minimalistic bandwidth. or at least an option to turn them off.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2003, 07:43:50 PM »
Yeah, I gotta admit it, too.  I'm loving the new forum design.  The only thing that's buggin' me right now, is the loss of my avatar and custum forum title.  I AM teh Juno Master afterall!    And I miss my Juno pic BADLY!  Anways, keep up the great work guys!
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2003, 08:23:29 PM »
If we ever did turn on avatars, in your "Customize" settings, there will be an option to choose the "Standard" Graphics Mode, which I beleive will turn them off anyway.

It's more of an issue of the additional bandwidth load than anything.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline aoi tsuki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 05:34:55 AM »
Well done!! i like the color scheme; very neutral. Out of curiousity, have you thought of changing the really pastel purple (#E1DFE4) to something like #DFDAE5? i doubt most people that come to the forum will notice that there is a purple tint on the page. Giving it a bit more purple/indigo would give it more of a "Gamecube" feel.

Is there any way to allow users to change the font size? i'm running 1600x1200 on a 19" monitor and it's a bit small; smaller than EZBoard. Not like i can't increase the font, but it would be nice to have that option.

Avatars would be nice (despite the fact i never used them on EZB), but considering that you guys are hosting the forum now it could bite you in the ass down the road.

Can't wait to see what happens when you really get things rolling.
"Snake felt a hunger for Meryl blossom within his loins."