Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

What will Nintendo release in 2024?

<< < (2/9) > >>

nickmitch:
Time to defend my crown!

* Switch successor announced this year.
* Dusting off a classic: Rhythm Heaven finally gets to be this year's party game
* Pokémon has a spin-off year, and not Gen 10
* Speaking of, classic Pokémon games become available for sale in the Nintendo eShop
* Nintendo announces a new F-Zero game based on the success of F-Zero 99
* Uh, let's see... Maybe a Wario Land game?
* The new console promises no/less drift (but in a coded way e.g., "Studier, more durable control sticks"
* I'm running out of ideas here, so maybe Princess Peach DLC?
* It's about time for a new 3D Mario, right? I'll be bold and say not Odyssey 2
* Nintendo does something with Doshin the Giant

Evan_B:
Once upon a time, I was known as NostraDOOMus. It's time to get back in the saddle. EDIT: Adding specificity to some of these because I don't want to be the dude predicting things won't happen.

1. All but confirmed, I expect Hi Fi Rush will be announced, maybe even shadow dropped at the next Nintendo Direct. (I'll take half credit if both don't happen)
2. Metroid Prime 4 is the last major Nintendo-published Switch game, set for a cross-launch with the Switch Successor. This means it might not even come out until 2025. (Does this count as a 2024 prediction? NOT-releasing in this year?) The prediction: Metroid Prime 4 is seen this year, in gameplay and cinematics. It may not release in 2024, but it will be on the Switch. Nintendo uses their weird honor code for having announced the game as a Switch title and keeping that promise.
3. The Switch Successor is announced to be backwards compatible this year.
4. With Pokemon Bank going offline, the GB/C App gets Red, Blue, and Yellow. I'll go one step further and say these are announced around Pokemon Day this year, and Gold/Silver/Crystal will come later in the year. I'll go ONE STEP FURTHER and say Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald come to GBA Expansion owners and FireRed/LeafGreen will come later in the year. They will be structured as such so non-Expansion owners don't feel cheated out of playing the "inferior" Red/Blue/Yellow in place of FireRed/LeafGreen.
5. Pokemon gets a *new* spin-off this year. It's not exactly like the core games, it's not a remake, it's definitely not Legends-tier. But it's something. I wouldn't be surprised if it was developed by ILCA.
6. The next 3D Mario is a launch title for the Switch Successor. Prediction: It is announced/seen this year.
7. The Switch Successor gets a Xenoblade Chronicles X port. Prediction: It's announced this year?
8. THE LAST STORY is a late-game Switch Port, baby! (Maybe a tease of a sequel on the Switch Successor?)
9. Kirby gets some big-ol-minigame extravaganza. Think Mario Party, but Kirby.
10. There is a Princess Peach Showtime! Amiibo. It is stupid. Starting to regret this one.

Adrock:

* More Amiibo (I'm thinking Princess Peach Showtime! and Tears of the Kingdom).
* At least one of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD or The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD; released separately.
* Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.
* Microsoft will release at least one more Rare game on Switch.
* Switch 2 will be announced first half of 2024 and released in second half of 2024. The exact halfway point of the year is July 2. It's a Leap Year; let's just use July 2 anyway.
* Native party chat on Switch 2; heavily locked behind parental controls by default (can be turned off).
* The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild with DLSS/AI enhanced visuals on Switch 2; free update as long as you own the game digitally/physically.
* 3D Mario launching with Switch 2; more like Bowser's Fury than Odyssey.
* Need something outlandish: Metroid Prime 4.
* Need something outlandish part 2: Game Gear and Master System on Nintendo Switch Online.
This was actually really difficult because this is a prediction thread for Nintendo releases, and most of what I could think of were things that I expect in a Switch 2 sizzle reel that will release in 2025 and beyond or third party releases.

I may update this depending on what Order.RSS says, if anything. Or disappear for months on end, idk.

Stratos:
Oh! Forgot about this! Gotta get my predictions in!

1. Switch 2 releases 2024 with Backwards compatibility
2. Switch 2 adds things for their Online/VC library, but it is still underwhelming and limited from what it coudl and should be
3. Switch 2 includes some form of achievements/trophies
4. A new Fire Emblem is announced this year, but doesn't necessarily release yet.
5. Smash Ultimate gets a refresh/new DLC for Switch 2
6. We don't get Mario Kart 9, its just a refresh/update to 8 with a graphical overhaul, even more new and retro tracks, and some new modes and expansion to battle modes
7. Switch/Switch 2 finally gets a new Star Wars game that isn't Lego-based
8. Monster Hunter Wilds isn't coming to Switch, but Capcom throws something else MH related to the system.
9. Tears of the Kingdom gets new content, and it is tied to some new features of the Switch 2, either locking it to the new system or changing in some way that could be as simple as the Color Dungeon from the GBC Links Awakening dungeon
10. We get a new Animal Crossing, either a mainline one, a spinoff, or a massive new expansion/update for New Horizons

Khushrenada:
1. I predict that Nintendo will release some new software we haven't seen before this year.
2. I predict that Nintendo will port a game from a previous console as a new release this year.
3. I predict that at least one of the games Nintendo releases this year will sell 1,000,000 copies.
4. I predict that Nintendo will release some new DLC this year.
5. I predict that Nintendo will add some titles to their Online Apps.
6. I predict that third parties will port some of their games to the Switch this year.
7. I predict that Nintendo will release some new Amiibo this year.
8. I predict that Nintendo will release a previously unseen console.
9. I predict that Nintendo will release some new controllers this year.
10. I predict that Nintendo will air some Directs this year.

Please send me my winnings in cash, not cheque. I'd also like them to be in $1.00 bills so that I can really make it look like I've got stacks and stacks of cash. Thank you in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version